Hacking Syscheck GX and normal Syscheck crash

oliverbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi I'm trying to run SysCheck GX, and SysCheck, and they both crash near the end, when Scanning IOS 254 on the GX version,

What am i doing wrong?

Thnx.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling the latest bootmii IOS version and run the syscheck again. don't uninstall.

Thanks XFlak I forgot which slot bootmii was in.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The program checks the revision number of ios254 to decide if it's the bootmii ios. If so, it will skip some tests that make it hang.

So, probably you are using an older version with another revision number.

Hells Guardian gave you the solution. I am just explaining the why.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
it crashed on 253 which I've got installed for uniiloader...so I just don't use syscheck anymore
smile.gif

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The latest syscheck should have a check for 253 nand emulator from sorgelig as well.
I created my own 253 to launch armboot.bin from the bootsnk folder instead of the bootmii folder, and it crashed on that one
as well. I had 2 add 1 additional check in the program sys.c file, and it worked again.

So, give it a little credit, it does produce some very usefull information, and if it crashes, it's not a random issue. It's very logical.

It could perhaps use a little improvement and should perhaps ask if it should check an ios above 250 with an unknown version.
(And warning you that it might hang upon that check.)

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Agree that would be cool. I read that it now supported sorgs ios 253 but...well it still crashes on me and I'm no programmer so I won't be fixing it
smile.gif
Hehe. Anyways I have no problems with the Wii at the mo' so I can live without it.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loading the wad in showmiinand / showmiiwads should indeed show the version number if I remember well.

Normally it should work and I shouldn't need that rev. number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1