Homebrew Homebrew app sys-patch - sysmod that patches on boot

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DMCA is a USA thing, and some few countries adhering to a local USA Law
DMCA is the US enactment of a WIPO treaty, the EU has EUCD. Australia has their own, if you are in a WIPO country then facilitating piracy of games from a current generation of console is a bad idea.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

froggy55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sys-patch 1.5.0 commit 982843ac
do we know if this will be updated for firmware 18.0 im just curious i have not and will not update until all this stuff is figured out but it would be nice to know if this will be brought back under a server outside the usa somewhere they cant take it down

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
do we know if this will be updated for firmware 18.0 im just curious i have not and will not update until all this stuff is figured out but it would be nice to know if this will be brought back under a server outside the usa somewhere they cant take it down
The module does not need to be updated after every firmware update. As it does not use hard-coded offsets, but finds the locations to be patched using patterns. So as long as Nintendo does not change anything in the existing system so that the signature patches become unusable, the tool will certainly work.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The module does not need to be updated after every firmware update. As it does not use hard-coded offsets, but finds the locations to be patched using patterns. So as long as Nintendo does not change anything in the existing system so that the signature patches become unusable, the tool will certainly work.
Sadly seems what for FW 18 the patterns of ES patches changed ;(

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sadly seems what for FW 18 the patterns of ES patches changed ;(
Are you sure? I found patch place using the same signature I used previously and the function looks like totally the same as before.
Post automatically merged:

But I am not using sys-patch, but ghidra to find patch places.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: Blythe93

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure? I found patch place using the same signature I used previously and the function looks like totally the same as before.

the pattern sys-patch broke on this fw, which is my fault. the change that broke was `reg0 = reg29 & 0x18` to `reg0 = reg29 & 0x1B`.

A0.0091..0094A0..D1..FF97 should be fine for fw14+

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Excellent. The patterns was what i heard on discord , that's why I used "seems" everybody is getting working on that but some of the guys are in holiday until next week we the mortals are waiting for newer releases.

By the way picklock got updated yesterday:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lockpick_rcm-payload-official-thread.532916/post-10388390

I just look into IPS Patch Creator and the old one was able to create ES Patches only changing the upper limit of ES nca size from 500000 to 510000

1711647391507.png

Also a new release of IPS Patch Creator is for the FW 18, the changes (at a little glance) are the tweak of the search patterns on SDKVersion < 18300 and the default nca size limit.

the pattern sys-patch broke on this fw, which is my fault. the change that broke was `reg0 = reg29 & 0x18` to `reg0 = reg29 & 0x1B`.

A0.0091..0094A0..D1..FF97 should be fine for fw14+
Cool, thanks a lot for all your great work and keeping the scene great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?