Homebrew Homebrew app sys-patch - sysmod that patches on boot

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nice. I guess I could add ctest but make it optional. In fact, I could make each patch optional (although enabled by default). Not sure why someone would want to disable patching fs,es,ldr for example, but it might it easier to debug things later down the line if something seriously breaks.

What do you think?
Could you make nifm ctest patches disabled by default? Most people don't need it and it's a headache if somebody triggers this bug. From what I found similar bug can be triggered without nifm patches, but you need to fit all those criterias:
- You must have sigpatches
- Your Switch must be a secondary device
- Your account must be linked
- You must have blocked Nintendo servers

Then when running any game Core 3 is at 100%.

With nifm ctest patches I don't know all criterias, but there is a difference that when you will connect to Wi-Fi, you can trigger this bug without having game opened.

Last edited by masagrator,

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you make nifm ctest patches disabled by default? Most people don't need it and it's a headache if somebody triggers this bug. From what I found similar bug can be triggered without nifm patches, but you need to fit all those criterias:
- You must have sigpatches
- Your Switch must be a secondary device
- Your account must be linked
- You must have blocked Nintendo servers

Then when running any game Core 3 is at 100%.

With nifm ctest patches I don't know all criterias, but there is a difference that when you will connect to Wi-Fi, you can trigger this bug without having game opened.
yes i can disable it by default, although i was going to fix the ctest patch that's applied, along with the ips patches thats shipped out.

i agree though, most people do not need nifm patched

• Love
Reactions: chronoss

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome job on this TotalJustice. All i can say is effort given to effort due. Well done 😝

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This doesn't touch (and mess) with the hekate_ipl.ini, correct? :)
If so, great solution!
Is it in the app store already? Because that would be a great way to update it on the console itself before updating Atmosphère and the FW.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll await Nintendos butt hurt
dd6299b0cd91bf80c155153bedc012ec.png

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If so, great solution!
Is it in the app store already? Because that would be a great way to update it on the console itself before updating Atmosphère and the FW.
appstore doesn't accept tools purely designed for anything related to piracy.

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If so, great solution!
Correct, nothing on the SD card is modified (aside from creating a log file.

And like masagrator said, this cannot be added to the app store

Reactions: grimson

julio.apc16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry friends, I don't know if this is the right topic for this question, is there a patch to not have this error message 2123-0011 in games?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Fantastic!

But can this be installed on top of existing sigpatches?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry friends, I don't know if this is the right topic for this question, is there a patch to not have this error message 2123-0011 in games?
I found a specific discussion about this on Reddit:

Reactions: julio.apc16

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
appstore doesn't accept tools purely designed for anything related to piracy.

And like masagrator said, this cannot be added to the app store
Ah, that old topic again. I can literally create a forwarder for every single (non pirate) homebrew I own on my SD card only to to have it on my home screen next to the games and guess what, those forwarders won't launch without sigpatches. But I guess even with that argument, the app store devs don't wanna risk having it on their stores, given how Nintendo is currently on rampage (yet again). Maybe you can implement an auto-update mechanism directly into the sysmodule then or provide a dedicated app to fire up the update process. All I'm looking for is a clean solution to be able to fire this off the console itself. :)
Correct, nothing on the SD card is modified (aside from creating a log file.
That's great news, thanks! <3

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, that old topic again. I can literally create a forwarder for every single (non pirate) homebrew I own on my SD card only to to have it on my home screen next to the games and guess what, those forwarders won't launch without sigpatches. But I guess even with that argument, the app store devs don't wanna risk having it on their stores, given how Nintendo is currently on rampage (yet again). Maybe you can implement an auto-update mechanism directly into the sysmodule then or provide a dedicated app to fire up the update process. All I'm looking for is a clean solution to be able to fire this off the console itself. :)

That's great news, thanks! <3
you can use sigpatch-updater to update the sysmod, which also restarts the sysmod so you dont have to restart your switch to apply the patches. i personally wont add updating within the sysmod itself. it would balloon the binary size, take up a lot more memory and would probably cause many bugs due to a bad implementation by me :rofl:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can use sigpatch-updater to update the sysmod, which also restarts the sysmod so you dont have to restart your switch to apply the patches. i personally wont add updating within the sysmod itself. it would balloon the binary size, take up a lot more memory and would probably cause many bugs due to a bad implementation by me :rofl:
Oh nice, didn't know about sigpatch-updater. And I agree that this functionality is better suited to be in a homebrew app than a sysmodule itself.

Reactions: impeeza

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I remember how the reinx cfw updater worked, that was...fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...