Hacking SX OS only a few XCI files detected

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always transfer one by one my 256gb card is a no name card so what does that mean ? you can only take original not counterfeit sd cards ?
It means nothing... Fake = a card that reports being XXX size when in reality its yyy or it could even be the exact real size and have way less life cycles and way less speed (though this is unlikely as most fakes or probably all they just go very cheap using 4, 8 and whatever GB and add the logos of the real brand when its not even manufactured by them).

You should also buy the A1 cards because they mean faster for loading apps, specially made for android internal storage feature and also have more life cycles as they are made to caching data and more constant data reads\writes.

Always test your SD cards\USB pen drives when you buy a new one, even buying on a local store doesn't mean they can't be ripped off too by BAD resellers...

Last edited by guily6669,

albfont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It means nothing... Fake = a card that reports being XXX size when in reality its yyy or it could even be the exact real size and have way less life cycles and way less speed (though this is unlikely as most fakes or probably all they just go very cheap using 4, 8 and whatever GB and add the logos of the real brand when its not even manufactured by them).

You should also buy the A1 cards because they mean faster for loading apps, specially made for android internal storage feature and also have more life cycles as they are made to caching data and more constant data reads\writes.

Always test your SD cards\USB pen drives when you buy a new one, even buying on a local store doesn't mean they can't be ripped off too by BAD resellers...
Good explanation. I just have one question. Could be possible that the sd card show up 128gb for example and I can put inside 60gb but in the reality the cars is 32gb of memory? Because I've got the same problem of the guy and probably mine could be a fake one. But for example I can put inside more than 32gb but sx os show me just the first three games (which are 30gb in total, almost).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess thats how fake ones work... they will report the size they say, like 512GB will report 512GB on windows...

I never had one but I think nowadays even if you fill it, I think near the end it probably keep re-writing it self over and over again until it seems like the SD got fully to the reported size.

I see that there is 2 types of fakes, one will probably throw a error when the full real memory is full (I have seen one USB pen drive years ago when a few GB were expensive like this, probably not common nowadays, no idea).

And the other that really seem to fill up the whole reported size, but the data is not really there, above the real memory everything will likely be corrupted (I think this one is the most used by nowaday fakes to fool non informed ppl into never thinking about the existence of fake memory).

ps: Just search a app to test for fake SD cards and test, if its not that, then its other problem... Always try formatting to Fat32 too.

phlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guys even the fake one works thats nor the point. the thing is that there some XCI files detected and some not that is the whole problem ill tested now severel original oder fake cards

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know they work, but theres also the problem of like you buy a 128GB M-SD imagine its actually a 8GB M-SD, imagine 2 or 3 games will show up and then the others written on that M-SD after the full real size is full, they will be corrupted and won't ever show up on the console too, so there's always a chance for that being the source of the problem.

Just test your SD cards its easy to do, if you have a real 32GB card for example then try filling it up with Card1 type of games and see if all show up on the Switch.

ps: If you never test the SD Card, you can never exclude this, just test the card and try using a real one with real capacity and fill it up with games, at least you will exclude the card being fake 4 ever from the problem so that more ppl could help better to find the problem.
new update , on my 32gb card 2 games are running , copied them to the 256 gb and they dont show up
Are you sure you played Card2 games backups?

phlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tested all of my cards the working XCI files showing up on EVERY card fake or not . But i am talking about the other 15 games taht are never showing up on any of these cards. thats why i opened this thread.
I wanted to know how to solve this and if somebody hast the same problems

AwaKe974

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a 200 gb sandisk micro sd on amazon a few days ago (Ships and sold by Amazon) and I am facing the same problem. Only 3 or 4 games appear in SX OS.

I wanted to test the micro SD card with the FakeFlashTest software to see if it was a fake one and after 80% of the test everything failed and my micro sd is now dead.

Before that I tested to open the last file that I copied on the micro sd with a hexadecimal editor and it seems that the file is empty because it shows only FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF everywhere. Now I can not test it because it's dead but I've got refund by Amazon.

Last edited by AwaKe974,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tested all of my cards the working XCI files showing up on EVERY card fake or not . But i am talking about the other 15 games taht are never showing up on any of these cards. thats why i opened this thread.
I wanted to know how to solve this and if somebody hast the same problems

Quite odd that you are obviously the only one with that problem.

ZachSZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that my 200gb sandisk was a 32gb fake, H2testw confirmed this for me. Good thing I got a refund on it. Only buy directly from Amazon and no resellers.

Saifer28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@phlover even on the fake cards the games will work. There's no fix on those sd cards as they are fake.As long as they fill up they're real capacity for example (128gb fake, and its real capacity is only 32gb) once you pass that 32gb limit, all the games u install afterwards will just be corrupted thus it wont show on the console since you've already reach the real capacity of the card. U can use them if you want, but it will just limit you to 2-4 games per sd card. The best solution is buy a original Micro sd. And make sure that its totally 100percent legit.

Saifer28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel you brother, cause i also have the same problem. Mine's 128gb and its real capacity is 32gb. So i just make the best of it and put games around 30gb so i can still play games while searching for a bnew sd card.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
To weigh in; yeah SD cards can be a real pain in the ass.

I was lucky to be able to get a couple of 400GB SDXC cards of Sandisk for a relative good price will they where on sale locally.
But online always be sure to check before you buy. I've seen a lot of bogus 512 GB SDXC cards.
As far as I know the only real ones are from Integral.

Besides that afaik only Sandisk has a 400GB card out.
And those work wonderful on the Nintendo Switch really.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@phlover even on the fake cards the games will work. There's no fix on those sd cards as they are fake.As long as they fill up they're real capacity for example (128gb fake, and its real capacity is only 32gb) once you pass that 32gb limit, all the games u install afterwards will just be corrupted thus it wont show on the console since you've already reach the real capacity of the card. U can use them if you want, but it will just limit you to 2-4 games per sd card. The best solution is buy a original Micro sd. And make sure that its totally 100percent legit.
That's exactly what I said several times, but it seems he didnt understand very well...

When you have a problem you have to go step-by-step.

In this case is:

1- FIRST thing to check is really the SD see if it really has the reported size and if not how much is available as after the real memory all games copied will be empty\corrupted and offcourse won't show up;
2- Try Fat32 as its still probably the most overall compatible file system generally speaking across all devices (and in case of the Switch doesn't require the small exFat update);
3- the lower the filenames the better and remove all symbols too from the game files names;
4- don't use trimmed backups and download from other source;
5- Make sure they are not Card2 games (4 now until the new SX OS update comes out).
6- Make sure you are on the FW required for the game or above it and also some games seem to sadly require an update to work (I think L.A Noir is confirmed like that).

There might be other things to check that I dont remember, but if nothing works, then I have no idea about the solution and probably require a lot more attention from devs...

phlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i downloaded the same games from the same source. did everything step by step , changed the SD card / formated it in exFAT and standardsize.
copied game by game and it suddenly works.
- maybe the SD cards had a problem
- there was a corupption while it unzip the files
- corruption during the extraction prozess to the SD card

still some games not working but about 80%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo