Not open for further replies.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I dont see why if you have a dongle you would want to take the risk of opening your switch up fit a mod, risk of screwing it up, invalidate any warranty, to me its not worth the risk if you have a TX dongle.
It's just a better method. And it really isn't a difficult install, you should look into it. Next to impossible to fuck things up.

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the dongle only when I put new games on my sd card, as you know you can use ftp now with 1.5, but I dont see why if you have a dongle you would want to take the risk of opening your switch up fit a mod, risk of screwing it up, invalidate any warranty, to me its not worth the risk if you have a TX dongle.
Pretty sure you invalidate warranty just by softmodding anyways. Also, it's not that risky if you know what you're doing. You might not be able to do it, but there are others who find hardmodding to be child's play.

Reactions: Pluupy

SgtP3pp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
convert to, from what i remember, i might be wrong but you cant convert all XCI files or not all work, I can't be bothered converting files when you can cut and paste, also I like XCI files, just paste it, play it and delete it easily.

its not just about the SX OS its the complete package, the jig and dongle, I've bought a jig off ebay it was crap and the dongle is awesome , so small and neat, I've not had a problem at all with the SX Pro.

have you actually seen or used SX OS and the jig and dongle? , you will be impressed, you'll not find many posters on here who regret buying it, that shows how good it is...

Honestly the dongle and Jig kit from the SX Pro is kind of a rip off. They are charging upwards of $40 dollars (some places much more than this), with limited availability and really long waiting periods. If the pricing would have been just $5 higher than the SX OS version, then I would have considered it fair. But honestly, 3D printed jigs are cheap and highly functional if you buy them on ebay. The USB-C cable is the most expensive part, but they are useful for much more than just injecting the payload (like charging your switch away from the dock - just make sure you get a cable with a 56k Ohm resistor!). I am very rarely in a situation where I have my switch but I dont have my laptop, so injecting the payload using TegraRCMSmash is always readily available.
I had originally intended to get the SX Pro last month when I got my Switch, but when the seller confirmed I would have to wait till late August to receive it, i figured I'd just go the SX OS way. I ended up paying $25 for SX OS over on Axiogames, and honestly I feel that the extra $30 that i would have to pay in the site i was originally ordering from (they asked for $55) wouldn't have been very useful. All that said, I do agree that SX Pro is better for anyone who really doesnt want to DIY.

D

Deleted User

I was out for some weeks, is it possible to install SX OS for now without buying a licence?

Coldtrain6989XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true, but it will force or at least motivate TX to work harder to try and one up the scene and come out with an exclusive feature first

Found something promising guys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you guys ever heard of "shodan.io" Well I started using this tool as an extension on my chrome browser and when I got on the executor website it showed me a lot of good loot?

It showed me these guys "

Country United States
Organization Cloudflare

I got more of it but where I'm new to this thread it won't let me post the links

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found something promising guys

Have you guys ever heard of "shodan.io" Well I started using this tool as an extension on my chrome browser and when I got on the executor website it showed me a lot of good loot?

It showed me these guys "

Country United States
Organization Cloudflare

I got more of it but where I'm new to this thread it won't let me post the links

Yeah a cloudflare ip isn't going to do anyone any good. Also, isn't shogun tool by pragma lol?

Reactions: tiliarou

Coldtrain6989XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I guess so just thought it would show private key on the server side. Oh well, back to the drawing board and yea I think he/she did create that tool.

I actually posted the link on my homepage so you can see what I dug up.
What this does is that "The Shodan plugin tells you where the website is hosted (country, city), who owns the IP and what other services/ ports are open.
The Shodan plugin for Chrome automatically checks whether Shodan has any information for the current website. Is the website also running FTP, DNS, SSH or some unusual service? With this plugin, you can see all the info that Shodan has collected on a given website/ domain."

Coldtrain6989XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shows more than just the IP, let me name the things it shows "

Version: 3 (0x2)
Serial Number:
90:71:0c:50:1d:3d:ad:a8:f4:86:27:50:38:29:ce:7d
Signature Algorithm: ecdsa-with-SHA256
Issuer: C=GB, ST=Greater Manchester, L=Salford, O=COMODO CA Limited, CN=COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2
Validity
Not Before: Aug 14 00:00:00 2018 GMT
Not After : Feb 20 23:59:59 2019 GMT
Subject: OU=Domain Control Validated, OU=PositiveSSL Multi-Domain,
Subject Public Key Info:
Public Key Algorithm: id-ecPublicKey
Public-Key: (256 bit)
pub:
04:18:cc:ff:09:dd:8f:e9:8e:e2:9e:06:72:5b:b5:
cb:c5:79:0a:18:8a:df:d1:b3:66:71:b4:d8:3f:82:
78:60:aa:36:3b:30:3d:4f:66:b5:33:41:f1:06:e6:
db:94:ac:5e:4e:e2:ba:37:a9:f8:56:3d:f6:d8:ab:
04:93:6c:5d:65
ASN1 OID: prime256v1
X509v3 extensions:
X509v3 Authority Key Identifier:
keyid:40:09:61:67:F0:BC:83:71:4F:DE:12:08:2C:6F:D4:D4:2B:76:3D:96

X509v3 Subject Key Identifier:
35:56:0E:8C:41:0C:B5:D7:6B:8C:44:B7:00:37:AC:CD:6F:68:63:E4
X509v3 Key Usage: critical
Digital Signature
X509v3 Basic Constraints: critical
CA:FALSE
X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
TLS Web Server Authentication, TLS Web Client Authentication
X509v3 Certificate Policies:
Policy: 1.3.6.1.4.1.6449.1.2.2.7
CPS:
Policy: 2.23.140.1.2.1

X509v3 CRL Distribution Points:

Full Name:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 00:36:07 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: close
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d8237b2893e51a6830c1186953f30aa531534638967; expires=Mon, 19-Aug-19 00:36:07 GMT; path=/; domain=.104.27.130.246; HttpOnly
Cache-Control: max-age=15
Expires: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 00:36:22 GMT
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Server: cloudflare-nginx
CF-RAY: 44c88b4833fe9f1d-AMS

The Plugin Extension also shows us different exploits we could possibly use to do a ftp hack even though that's risky.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your right it is a drop in the ocean to me and many others , I paid about $400 for a MGH back in the early 90's for the SNES, that was alot of money as was the SWC i bought to, but I had no regrets buying them either :D

the SX Pro cost about 1.5 switch games in the UK. the MGH was equivalent to about 8- 10 snes games back then. so the SX Pro is a real bargain.
I wish I had known about those devices back then. :sad: But that was before the internet for me, and no access to gbatemp. I was blissfully unaware that I could pirate, so I spent a fortune on SNES and Genesis games. Like, litterally thousands of dollars, no kidding. And my salary was way less than it is now. I wonder how I could manage it. That's why I don't feel so bad pirating now. Nintendo and SEGA made a whole lot of money with me back then.

Reactions: Coldtrain6989XD

Coldtrain6989XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had known about those devices back then. :sad: But that was before the internet for me, and no access to gbatemp. I was blissfully unaware that I could pirate, so I spent a fortune on SNES and Genesis games. Like, literally thousands of dollars, no kidding. And my salary was way less than it is now. I wonder how I could manage it. That's why I don't feel so bad pirating now. Nintendo and SEGA made a whole lot of money with me back then.

You got a point!

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I had known about those devices back then. :sad: But that was before the internet for me, and no access to gbatemp. I was blissfully unaware that I could pirate, so I spent a fortune on SNES and Genesis games. Like, litterally thousands of dollars, no kidding. And my salary was way less than it is now. I wonder how I could manage it. That's why I don't feel so bad pirating now. Nintendo and SEGA made a whole lot of money with me back then.

before the internet took off Bulletin Boards reigned . I had spent 1000's of hours downloading games and the phone bill came to over £1,000 a year and that was alot of money back in the early 90's.

i had 100's of floppy disks with snes and mega drive games on, then one day someone brought out the Snes express cd for about £40, 650mg filled with nearly every snes game that was made. all my disks and hours of downloading seemed wasted now :cry:

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
before the internet took off Bulletin Boards reigned . I had spent 1000's of hours downloading games and the phone bill came to over £1,000 a year and that was alot of money back in the early 90's.

i had 100's of floppy disks with snes and mega drive games on, then one day someone brought out the Snes express cd for about £40, 650mg filled with nearly every snes game that was made. all my disks and hours of downloading seemed wasted now :cry:
Yep, pirating or not, we still had to spend big bucks. The young ones don't realize how easy they have it now! :rolleyes:

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yep, pirating or not, we still had to spend big bucks. The young ones don't realize how easy they have it now! :rolleyes:
At my home we were one of the first to have internet btw and it wasn't that expensive for us tho. My dad used to buy a disc called twilight from a guy who copied that wich was a compilation of all the latest games. Think he asked like 10 euro per twilight case wich always came with 2 discs.
Here a couple of links showing the cd case back in the day.
http://twilight-cd.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2013/04/tl42b2.jpeg
http://twilight-cd.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2013/04/tl42a2.jpeg
Went back as far as early 90's so it wasn't that expensive

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At my home we were one of the first to have internet btw and it wasn't that expensive for us tho. My dad used to buy a disc called twilight from a guy who copied that wich was a compilation of all the latest games. Think he asked like 10 euro per twilight case wich always came with 2 discs.
Warez CDs? Yeah, I might have seen those before. Back in the early days of the internet, most people had poor download speed (especially dial-up) and often times you were paying by the minutes or hours spent online. So downloading was not really an option and those CDs filled with goodies were selling like hot cakes. I remember also seeing for sale CDs filled with pictures... girls in bikinis (or wearing even less :blush:).

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Warez CDs? Yeah, I might have seen those before. Back in the early days of the internet, most people had poor download speed (especially dial-up) and often times you were paying by the minutes or hours spent online. So downloading was not really an option and those CDs filled with goodies were selling like hot cakes. I remember also seeing for sale CDs filled with pictures... girls in bikinis (or wearing even less :blush:).
Yeah same here hence why we bought them from people who did download them using their dial up connection. The good old days eh :P

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

:D
back in the UK, we had Tango cd's but more famous were the Blobby cd's which i think got to nearly number 70 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...