Hacking SX OS 2.4 - Should we still unlink Sys/Emu NANDs?

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the setup to be used:

Freshly Formatted / Never Modded Nintendo Switch

SX OS 2.4 Beta

OFW 6.2 (Separate Micro SD for OFW)

EMU 6.2 (Separate 2nd Micro SD: Either Hidden Partition or SD Files setup)

——-

My question is related to the un-linking of the SYS and EMU NAND.

Does it still need to be done? What are the benefits/negatives of un-linking?

Is linking/un-linking NANDs even relevant when using two separate Micro SD cards?

How do I go about un-linking successfully?

Thanks guys in advance!

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe some games require you to have a linked account. i'm not sure why you would want them unlinked, it's not like it makes a difference when you're using emunand offline.

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe some games require you to have a linked account. i'm not sure why you would want them unlinked, it's not like it makes a difference when you're using emunand offline.

Thanks for your reply!

I would like to make an educated decision on whether or not to keep my NANDs Linked or Un-linked.

Can anyone clarify what is the point of Linking or Un-linking SYS & EMU NANDs?

Can anyone provide an accurate and concise explanation of what it does and why one would use them Linked vs Un-linked or vice versa?

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd welcome someone else's input too but akaik there's no downside to having them linked but if you have them unlinked then you won't be able to play some games on emunand as it will ask you to sign into your Nin account. I could be wrong.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply!

I would like to make an educated decision on whether or not to keep my NANDs Linked or Un-linked.

Can anyone clarify what is the point of Linking or Un-linking SYS & EMU NANDs?

Can anyone provide an accurate and concise explanation of what it does and why one would use them Linked vs Un-linked or vice versa?

From my point of view the only reason to unlink nands is to avoid the nintendo folder getting overwritten. Since you are using emunand with the emutendo folder there is no reason to unlink as this avoids the possibility of the nintendo folder being overwritten.

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my point of view the only reason to unlink nands is to avoid the nintendo folder getting overwritten. Since you are using emunand with the emutendo folder there is no reason to unlink as this avoids the possibility of the nintendo folder being overwritten.

So if I am understanding your post correctly, are you saying that once SX OS 2.3 was released with the 'Emutendo' folder' functionality, that made Un-linking NANDs irrelevant since there would no longer be a chance of the Nintendo folder information being overwritten between the two NANDs?

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I am understanding your post correctly, are you saying that once SX OS 2.3 was released with the 'Emutendo' folder' functionality, that made Un-linking NANDs irrelevant since there would no longer be a chance of the Nintendo folder information being overwritten between the two NANDs?

Exactly!

Reactions: ILLPLEASA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ok, I'm gonna have a rest.