Hacking Question SX OS 2.2 BETA HDD Not allowing me to load games! HELP

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure initialization is what made it work... Not a specific firmware. Must have been something I did somewhere along the line that lingered. I'm not sure but that's what it seems to be. Not only did the hard drive start working but I was able to use choidujour without getting a bootloader Loop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Initialization is what fixed it I believe.

NathanBrown

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm pretty sure initialization is what made it work... Not a specific firmware. Must have been something I did somewhere along the line that lingered. I'm not sure but that's what it seems to be. Not only did the hard drive start working but I was able to use choidujour without getting a bootloader Loop.

Hey I'm not sure what an initialization is. I have SX OS. Can you point to a guide that shows what you did so I can replicate it?

Is it something related to homebrew? Because I don't really use Homebrew on my switch.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm not sure what an initialization is. I have SX OS. Can you point to a guide that shows what you did so I can replicate it?

Is it something related to homebrew? Because I don't really use Homebrew on my switch.

I fixed it! My HDD never worked and ChoiDujourNX kept leaving me in a bootloop, this fixed both issues.
  1. Backup saves with Checkpoint
  2. Backup SD
  3. Put Kosmos and a fresh Download of 5.1 on my 4 GB SD
  4. Boot in to hekate and remove AutoRCM.(I was on 3.0.1 and so were my fuses so meh. Not sure if necessary but I couldn't get in to maintenance mode without disabling AutoRCM for some reason.
  5. Boot in to Maintenance mode
  6. choose to initialize without deleting saves and profile.(maybe backing up saves was pointless?)
  7. boot in to hekate--.HBL-->ChoiDuJour->install 5.1
Now my HDD and ChoiDuJour both work!!

http://bfy.tw/Kzb7 <======

-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed reply to deleted post

NathanBrown

Trophies
XP
Country
India
-snip-

Hi all! So I am trying to use my HDD to load some XCI files in SXOS 2.2.. When I go to album it shows the XCI file I have in the root of the HDD but then it disappears and comes back again kind of "Flashing". It continues to do this and never finishes scanning. What could be wrong? Here's my System information.

• WD Elemental HDD USB 3.0 2TB ExFAT formatted
  • Launch Switch 3.0.1 with SX OS 2.2 BETA Games function on the SD fine.
I put the XCI in the root of the HDD and in HDD:\SXOS\ with the same result. The XCI is a personal dump and works fine on my SD so that's no the issue. I tried other XCI files too. I tried putting the XCI on a flash drive and SXOS didn't see the drive at all. Nothing in album. I tried all 3 ports as well.. Only things I ever plugged in to the dock until now is the Switch and the Pro controller. I hope it's not the port as it is WAY Out of warranty... Any ideas?
Initialization didn't work for my btw. Oh well

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed reply to deleted post
Reactions: DaveLister

NathanBrown

Trophies
XP
Country
India
*snip*
What is the exact behavior the system is exhibiting?
The games start flashing and lagging and it says scanning on the bottom, and then after a while all the games disapear from the SX OS menu, until I disconnect it and exit the menu and then launch it again.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip*

The games start flashing and lagging and it says scanning on the bottom, and then after a while all the games disapear from the SX OS menu, until I disconnect it and exit the menu and then launch it again.

try installing with kosmos and the version of hbl in the FAQ.

https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos extract this to root of SD

https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases then extract this to root of SD.

Put newest ChoiDujourNX in SD:\switch\

Might want to download a fresh copy of the update files.

put Updates anywhere

Start with Hekate bin in the kosmos package.

Launch album, to launch HBL and use choi.

I used that method on the successful run just after initialization...

NathanBrown

Trophies
XP
Country
India
try installing with kosmos and the version of hbl in the FAQ.

https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos extract this to root of SD

https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases then extract this to root of SD.

Put newest ChoiDujourNX in SD:\switch\

Might want to download a fresh copy of the update files.

put Updates anywhere

Start with Hekate bin in the kosmos package.

Launch album, to launch HBL and use choi.

I used that method on the successful run just after initialization...
Thanks pal, but all that looks too much for me and it’s not worth it. Maybe I’ll pick a new HDD in a deal, something less than $20?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant