Hacking Question SX OS 2.2 BETA HDD Not allowing me to load games! HELP

SagaXIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to pop amid the discussion. I am curently formating a ssd to test it out, should I move my boot.dat and such to the SSD directly, or do I need to keep the SD cadr for that?

Edit: didnt mean to hijkack the thread, I though I was posting in 2.2 release thread ; ;

Last edited by SagaXIV,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to pop amid the discussion. I am curently formating a ssd to test it out, should I move my boot.dat and such to the SSD directly, or do I need to keep the SD cadr for that?

SX OS looks to the SD for boot.dat. No need to move or copy it to the HDD/SSD.

Reactions: SagaXIV

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iam using wd external hdd 2tb self powerd works perfect
iam on firmware 6.0/sex os 2.2

What WD HDD are you using? Is it an elemental? Maybe it has to do with he fact I am on 3.0.1?.... I know there was some power issues sorted out in recent updates (Hori D-pad..) Maybe I need a newer firm? Anyone else on 3.0.1 and SX OS 2.2?

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dont know wat kind its a black brick external wd hdd i had for 5+ years /any benefit on staying on firmware 3.0.1 ?

D

Deleted User

OP do a nand backup and upgrade with choidujour to 5.1.0 with autoRCM enabled. Test if that works. If it doesn't you can always restore nand

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP do a nand backup and upgrade with choidujour to 5.1.0 with autoRCM enabled. Test if that works. If it doesn't you can always restore nand

IF I boot in to 5.1.0 then My GC Slot Fuse will burn... Even with AutoRCM. I would like to stay on 3.0.1. SX OS does not protect the Game Cart Slot Fuse AFAIK. Am I wrong? Will SXOS protect the slot?

I want 3.0.1 for eventual warm/cold boot possibility. That's why 3.0.1..... Although I doubt cold boot will require a good GC fuse....

Last edited by mikefor20,

wpgarrett

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same issue of only the one xci file show up that was on the flash drive and my switch crashed when switching to the install menu to install a nsp. I didn't even start the install before the switch crashed. i was using a cheap sandisk flash drive. when using a higher quality sandisk flash drive it worked without a problem. this was done on both flash drives using an adapter and not the dock.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same issue of only the one xci file show up that was on the flash drive and my switch crashed when switching to the install menu to install a nsp. I didn't even start the install before the switch crashed. i was using a cheap sandisk flash drive. when using a higher quality sandisk flash drive it worked without a problem. this was done on both flash drives using an adapter and not the dock.

What System Firmware?

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same issue, turned out there was some unallocated space on my drive. Using Minitool Partition Wizard I could delete all partitions and reformat to exFAT.
Formatting through Windows 10 didn't do the trick.

SublimeJhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same issue with a powered WD elements external drive. I have tried everything, but while it says "scanning" the screen flashes and it doesn't find any files. They all run fine from the SD card. I'm on 5.1.0 so I don't think that's the issue

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Same issue for me with Seagate 2tb self powered. Tried a y cable still flashing and not displaying games on root of external. Tried various xci files aswell. I even reformatted as exfat and fat32 same issue. Literally feel like I've tried everything. I have a 16gb thumb drive and that works. But not any of my external drives

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, turned out there was some unallocated space on my drive. Using Minitool Partition Wizard I could delete all partitions and reformat to exFAT.
Formatting through Windows 10 didn't do the trick.
Same issue for me with Seagate 2tb self powered. Tried a y cable still flashing and not displaying games on root of external. Tried various xci files aswell. I even reformatted as exfat and fat32 same issue. Literally feel like I've tried everything. I have a 16gb thumb drive and that works. But not any of my external drives

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Any luck?

SublimeJhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any luck?

I can tell you I did not have any additional partition on my drive. I found an old WD mybook 500GB drive that I forgot I had years ago and reformatted that to exFAT and it works perfectly. Looks like some drives just don't work for whatever reason. Hopefully an update can fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh