Switchroot plans to release Android on the Nintendo Switch within the next five days

https___pbs.twimg.com_media_D9.jpg

As the Nintendo Switch homebrew scene continues to develop at a rapid pace, one of the biggest feats has been the possibility of running Android OS on your Nintendo Switch console. Since the system runs on the Tegra X1 chipset, which coincidentally also powers the Nvidia Shield TV, scene developers have decided to invest their time into getting a form of Android working on the Nintendo Switch. Back in June, we got our first major tease as to just what that would mean for the community, with amazing possibilities such as watching media apps not normally available on the Switch's OS, using it as a comic reader, playing mobile games and apps, getting solid performance in emulators like DraStic, or playing games through remote play.

According to the team behind the project, they're looking at hopefully releasing their first public beta within the next five days. So, as excitement and anticipation builds, make sure to go grab an extra micro SD card, as the installation will require you to dedicate the entire contents of the micro SD to the installation. You can be certain that the moment the release drops, an informative news post here will quickly follow. For now, let us know what feature you're most excited to test out by using Android on your Switch!

:arrow: Source

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't meant to be rude, sorry for that, I was just leaving my point of view regarding something that is a neglected reality nowdays, because you should know that I have been thinking and acting this way lately as well. Also, I'm not enforcing you to stop doing whatever you want, because I don't have the right to do so, so you still can do it anyway. And just to point it out, it wouldn't be on the fly actually, you'll still need to reboot the console to load a payload that boots into Horizon and backwards everytime, and one must do something really dumb to break the SD reader as it has a spring that ejects the card without any sign of damage or problems.

Anyway, as someone said, support for multiple partitions will come eventually so, is pointless to argue over this anymore haha.

Plenty of people have broken their sd card reader by just removing it and putting it back. Search gbatemp. Just move on and enjoy your android when dual boot is available I'll jump in it really shouldn't matter to anyone else what I do some people don't seem to understand that concept.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're just being straight ignorant with that comment. It's not 2 seconds you will have to send the payloads back and forth. The whole point to me is to do things on the fly. Not to mention people make threads all the time how their sd card reader has gone out and it's because they're removing their sd card all the time I take care to never remove mine by using nxmtp and install games through usb. So buddy why don't you worry about yourself if you want to switch sd cards all the time knock yourself out and stop worrying about what I want to don't want to do. That's a good lesson in life in general stay in your own lane stay out of mine.

just get a dongle and put hekate on it lol

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Just move on guys. This argument is childish, don’t ruin this thread.
BTW dude they are just trying to help you, it’s GBAtemp is.

Last edited by Qubarf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...