Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow, , Reason: updated nyx version

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I am trying it on my spare SD right now, going to do an Antutu test after the installation. I personally just use it for Netflix and browsing so the power doesn't matter that much. But if it performs better then the Android 8.1(I don't think it will), I can use it for emulation too.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excited to try when I have the time & energy. I didn't look in Nyx's partition manager yet, does it handle an emunand partition as well as Android/HOS?

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that it works great, use it for streaming games and such. It's a bummer shield games aren't supported yet but most everything else works great. The joycons have a deadzone now:bow:, and deep sleep work.. a lot easier to install too, compared to Oreo.

Reactions: hippy dave

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone so far using the TV build? I honestly haven't tried yet. Spent so much time just a week ago getting it to build (had to buy more ram so I could feed my Ubuntu VM 16GB) and I built the tablet version. I'm interested in hearing what's bad/good/better between the choices. All I have so far is the note that Shield Games don't work. I've never owned a Shield, or played it's games, but "games don't work" sticks in my head and makes me cringe.

Last edited by urherenow,

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Stupid question: If I'm making a new partition for this, the entire sd card would be wiped up, no? Or is it a way to make a new partition and keep all the other files there?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I already have an older Android 10 partition, this will just wipe the Android partition but not format my entire SD-card right?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate seems to support partitioning for android and HOS on one SD card. Wondering whether android can still access the HOS FAT32 stuff, so for example I could keep all my roms there for emulation.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hekate seems to support partitioning for android and HOS on one SD card. Wondering whether android can still access the HOS FAT32 stuff, so for example I could keep all my roms there for emulation.
It could read the partition itself. hope there will be an update for that.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The downloads got updated yesterday, IDK what's changed, but if you want to see if you got the updated version, you can go to https://download.switchroot.org/android-10/ and compare your zip's file size with the ones there (new, good) and the ones in the BROKEN-DO-NOT-USE folder (old, bad).

According to bylaws on the xda thread, it's only accessible with root, at /mnt/vendor/factory

Reactions: Rahkeesh

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The downloads got updated yesterday, IDK what's changed, but if you want to see if you got the updated version, you can go to https://download.switchroot.org/android-10/ and compare your zip's file size with the ones there (new, good) and the ones in the BROKEN-DO-NOT-USE folder (old, bad).

According to bylaws on the xda thread, it's only accessible with root, at /mnt/vendor/factory
bummer. But magisk works for that, so actually rooting it isn't a problem... unless you have a personal problem with it.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bummer. But magisk works for that, so actually rooting it isn't a problem... unless you have a personal problem with it.
I always root on principle :rofl:
There's a thread in the XDA forum about mounting the fat32 partition as user-accessible, it's an older thread about older builds but might work on the new release, might have to adjust the disk identifier.
I should get around to trying this all soon.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rooting is no problem but I'm not sure every relevant emulator is set up to ask for root permissions. Like I read conflicting things about whether Retroarch could even see root-only folders.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rooting is no problem but I'm not sure every relevant emulator is set up to ask for root permissions. Like I read conflicting things about whether Retroarch could even see root-only folders.

I don't think this would be necessary. Normally you would mount the fat32 partition with the correct access rights. That way any application should be able to access them.

Have a look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ount-fat32-partition-in-android-easy.4019531/

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally took the plunge and this is a HUGE improvement over Oreo. Just smooth, docks reliably, working sleep mode...

With root PPSSPP at least can directly look at mnt/vendor/factory and play ROMs from there. Will have to see what other emulators can do so.

edit: Drastic, ReDream, Dolphin, Retroarch, even Hataroid, with magisk installed pretty much every emulator is just letting me back up out of the SD card into root, and from there into mnt/vendor/factory to load whatever from the fat32 side. Dolphin performance is still dire but everything else works amazing.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock