Homebrew Question SWITCHROOT (ANDROID 10) no longer works!

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, yesterday I mess up, I backup my sd and copy the files all over, hekate no longer launch switchroot andoid 10, is there a way to fix it, (don´t want to install andoid all over again!!!

thanks

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yesterday I mess up, I backup my sd and copy the files all over, hekate no longer launch switchroot andoid 10, is there a way to fix it, (don´t want to install andoid all over again!!!

thanks
Install android over again

Reactions: zxr750j

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

thanks
Did you backup/clone the whole sd or just the files and folders that your pc can see
as android has it own partitions that windows cannot see natively?
If you have only backed up the files in windows and not cloned the sd then android is gone no choice then to reinstall unfortunately

Reactions: bad361

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

thanks
Yes, only if you hekate don't find the .ini for launch Android.

The other way is only reinstall Android system partition without wipe data and user partition

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, only if you hekate don't find the .ini for launch Android.

The other way is only reinstall Android system partition without wipe data and user partition
I only copy the files I see, and on mac, all switch games work and can select payload, but when I select android 10....don´t boot.

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I only copy the files I see, and on mac, all switch games work and can select payload, but when I select android 10....don´t boot.
Do you have the Android image ? If you have that image, wipe system partition and install it, or just install like a update, You don't lose apps and data

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have the Android image ? If you have that image, wipe system partition and install it, or just install like a update, You don't lose apps and data
I have all the files that I have on the sd card before (didn´t clone the sd, just drag the files to a folder in my mac), can you guide me on how to do that? re instaling andoid and the apps is a pain. when I install andoid originaly I assign a 32 gb of my 200gb card.

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have all the files that I have on the sd card before (didn´t clone the sd, just drag the files to a folder in my mac), can you guide me on how to do that? re instaling andoid and the apps is a pain. when I install andoid originaly I assign a 32 gb of my 200gb card.
Did you format your sd after you copied your data to your mac ?

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mmm...I think I did...
Then unfortunately you have no choice then to go through the whole android setup process again as you partitions are probably gone
One thing to check is how much storage is your mac reporting on sd
If you was using a windows pc I'd suggest using diskpart in command prompt to check partitions as you never know just might still be there I'm not sure what the mac equivalent is tbh

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, I will do it again, my switch is banned, I use sx os and what I did was to make an emunand (the only thing i want is to have a backup if I did something bad in the future and want to restore it), can you tell me the best way to have a backup in my case (having android and switch files)

thanks for all

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I will do it again, my switch is banned, I use sx os and what I did was to make an emunand (the only thing i want is to have a backup if I did something bad in the future and want to restore it), can you tell me the best way to have a backup in my case (having android and switch files)

thanks for all
Unfortunately I don't use a mac so not sure what the equivalent software would be just Google clone sd card on mac and see what results it comes up with but remember cloning will take a long time as it's a one to one copy

Reactions: peke

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Unfortunately I don't use a mac so not sure what the equivalent software would be just Google clone sd card on mac and see what results it comes up with but remember cloning will take a long time as it's a one to one copy
thanks a lot, I will do that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck