Hacking Switching to CycloDS

Herr Riz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm switching from a DS-X to a CycloDS Evo on Tuesday. What kind of things should I know for the transition?

For example, will I have to convert my save files, or can I just copy them over? I'm wary about doing so, since I heard those converters cause save corruption.
Second, I have a 3in1, with the loader and backup tools DLDI patched for DS-X. I see the CycloDS has an autopatcher, so will that fix them for me?
Also, are there any essential downloads for a new CycloDS Evo?

Thanks in advance.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
shunyweb.info is great gamesave converter! It works with some of my saves but not all, and its runned by a user of this board too. I don't know anything about EZ 3-in-1, but Cyclo has AutoDLDI patching. The new firmware came out last week, its really easy to use just follow the instructions and your golden.

Buy from Realhotstuff.com since your in the US, it usually comes within 2 days.

Herr Riz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reporting back for other possible switchers.

Shiren the Wanderer also got corrupted after two or three times playing it with a converted save. The only link between the two games is that they're both arm7 protected games that I converted the save for after playing with the new DSX firmware.

Other than the save corruption, which is NOT the CycloDS's fault, I've been very satisfied. The skins can't be scripted like DS-X skins can, and it doesn't have the cool LEDs, but otherwise the cart is superior in every way. I'd highly recommend it.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This cart awesome. I'd imagine it's superior to the DS-X in every possible way. Although the DS-X has internal memory(which i prefer over microsd because of it's speed), that's probably it's only pro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1