Hacking Question Switch won't boot after downgrade

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I downgraded from 7.0.1 to 4.1.0 which is the FW my Switch came with and I get a 2002-4315 error when booting either Atmosphere, ReiNX or OFW. I've formatted my SD card and copied the files over again and have tried the reset bit thing.

According to Hekate I have 5 burnt fuses. Any idea on what to do?

EDIT: Solved, look at my second post for info

EDIT2: If you have the same problem as I did then you're as much of an idiot as I am. Turns out some games won't run on low firmwares even if you manage to ignore minium instalation version. I went back to 7.0.1(8.0.1 is the latest as of writing, but people recomment 7.0.1). Also nxmtp only works with firmwares >5.0 so there's another reason. Just keep your switch with AutoRCM on, seriously.

Last edited by Osga21, , Reason: I'm an idiot
Reactions: Mike_77712

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you downgraded to 4.1.0 ?! I have a 3.0.0 but upgrade to 7.0.1 with ChoiNX. I will downgrade it when they said it is okay. Why now ?

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why do you downgraded to 4.1.0 ?! I have a 3.0.0 but upgrade to 7.0.1 with ChoiNX. I will downgrade it when they said it is okay. Why now ?
I'm scared of messing up and accidentally disabling auto-RCM, burning fuses and not being able to have access to coldboot when it comes out.
Anyway, I figured it out. Figures I'd find a solution right after making a post and searching for a considerable amount of time, here's what worked in case someone has the same issue:

-Boot into recovery mode(Vol + and - after nintendo logo)
-Restore factory settings without deleting save-data(this will, however, delete your installed games at least on memory, I didn't have any games on my SD card)

For some reason this isn't mentioned in any downgrading tutorial but I assume I'm not the first one to have this problem.
Shout-out to @blahblah on this thread for the idea.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2