Hacking Switch will not power on

SaltyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on SX OS 2.6.2 and used choidujour to update to 7.0.1 firmware. I have been using my switch without any issue for the past several weeks since updating. I had never power it all the way down though until today. Now the switch will not power back on. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to turn on. I have held down the power button multiple times from the 12 seconds to a solid two minutes. I have used the dongle from SX plugged, I have put the jig back in, I tried powering from the dock, I have plugged in the power cable directly and tried the button combinations but nothing seems to start the switch back up. I have had the switch stuck in reset mode before and when the dongle was plugged in there would always be a green light that came on, even when the switch was stuck in its black screen mode. this time however i have noticed that not even that light comes on. so, am i boned or is there something else i have overlooked on trying?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like you have autorcm enabled and possibly your dongle needs to be charged? Mine goes dead from time to time. Just plug it in to a pc for a couple of seconds and give it another go.

Reactions: SaltyDog

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
When you turned off the switch you really didn't completely turned it off because of autorcm. It will still eat up your battery until it's empty, in your case most likely you ran out of battery. You just need to charge it for like half a day and inject the payload again to boot.

Last edited by Paulsar99,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
How much time was it between powering it down and trying to power it back on. Is it possible that the battery was completely drained due to being in a state where it wasn't fully shut down (like it going into RCM mode with a black screen and staying there for hours)? In the case if it was completely drained, you'll need to let it charge for a few hours because going from 0% is extremely slow. Not only that, but when the system is under a certain percentage (5%?), it won't power on at all. It'll shut itself down if it drops below that line. After a certain %, it'll start charging faster.

So if what others suggest isn't working, then try charging it for a few hours, uninterrupted.

SaltyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you turned off the switch you really didn't completely turned it off because of autorcm. It will still eat up your battery until it's empty, in your case most likely you ran out of battery. You just need to charge it for like half a day and inject the payload again to boot.
Thanks!! I feel like a complete moron but that worked. And, I learned something today.

SaltyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you have autorcm enabled and possibly your dongle needs to be charged? Mine goes dead from time to time. Just plug it in to a pc for a couple of seconds and give it another go.
Crap yours was the message I meant to crack, now really being the indrerfluence looks like a monkeya dna reat tooka fight on my keyaborad. message of th4e day, never drink and have pet moonkeys and rats and have them to do your typihng because you are now to inerbreated to do so!! but, once a good my stupidity is on display for the gbatemp commnunity. (No im not talked about the bad spelling, i have now officially said screw it and im not prunking the backmkscpae alny longer. head is tipso and i sant to sleep now!! But, I did learn something new and that is to make shure the dongle is plugged in once and a while. almost pluuled the blug on buy from amazon to get a new battery, then realized that there are lots of intelligent people on amanzong instead, so thanks everybode!

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crap yours was the message I meant to crack, now really being the indrerfluence looks like a monkeya dna reat tooka fight on my keyaborad. message of th4e day, never drink and have pet moonkeys and rats and have them to do your typihng because you are now to inerbreated to do so!! but, once a good my stupidity is on display for the gbatemp commnunity. (No im not talked about the bad spelling, i have now officially said screw it and im not prunking the backmkscpae alny longer. head is tipso and i sant to sleep now!! But, I did learn something new and that is to make shure the dongle is plugged in once and a while. almost pluuled the blug on buy from amazon to get a new battery, then realized that there are lots of intelligent people on amanzong instead, so thanks everybode!

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Enjoy! Glad I could help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the bread's too big for yours (and, before you ask, waaayyy too big for mine lmao)