Hardware Switch WiFi LAN Speed Test 89MB/s - 712 Mbps!

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I set up a fiddler proxy on my PC which is connected to my lan via 1Gbit wired.
Loaded up a simple file server on my PC.
Configured the Switch to use the fiddler proxy on my PC
The Switch is connected via WiFi.

I then added a redirect to my file server and voila! As you can see, downloading a 1.5GB file onto the switch results in a transfer speed of 89MB/s which is the speed that my SDCard is rated at - Samsung PRO+ UHS3 90MB/s.

Although I'm not sure if it's using the SDCard or the eMMC NAND but either way it's blazingly fast!

Reactions: mathew77 and Xzi

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dunno how your even getting close to them speeds the max i get if i'm lucky from a lan connection using the adapter in usb is 23 Mbps :glare:

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
dunno how your even getting close to them speeds the max i get if i'm lucky from a lan connection using the adapter in usb is 23 Mbps :glare:
802.11ac is the answer. It's a beast wireless.
Also going to a localserver of course helps.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically when we get some sort of exploit on the switch we can dump the entire nand in about 6 minutes. Far cry from the 30++ minutes it takes on my 3DS.. Giggity.
from what? the connection test on the switch?

For the download it grabs a 30MB file. I noticed that while using the proxy. Technically if you have a fast enough connection the file will complete before you can even measure the speed, which is why I used a 1.5GB file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

802.11ac is the answer. It's a beast wireless.
Also going to a localserver of course helps.
Yes I wanted to test the potential of the wireless controller. There has been so much misinformation spread around I had to see for myself. I am quite satisfied.

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wonder why it drops as soon as it goes outside the network. I mean the browser isn't officially released so that might be a reason why? or something?

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why it drops as soon as it goes outside the network. I mean the browser isn't officially released so that might be a reason why? or something?
I am still experimenting I am setting up a remote server to test with and see if I can max out my connection

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I am still experimenting I am setting up a remote server to test with and see if I can max out my connection
I hope you succed. I did some testing and max I could get was 50 before it went down. I wasn't docked.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the cable modem already has it's own built in wifi i can't change it and it's not 802.11ac

i changed my routers mtu to 1500 it actually made it worse now it's dropped to 12 Mbps..

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the cable modem already has it's own built in wifi i can't change it and it's not 802.11ac

i changed my routers mtu to 1500 it actually made it worse now it's dropped to 12 Mbps..
There are ways around that. I also have an ISP provided gateway modem/router, bonded T2200H, I just logged into it and "bridged" it thus rendering it a pure modem, then connected it to my 802.11ac 3x3 router. You can do that with most gateways.

I do not have fiber in my area yet dammit so had to settle for the dual adsl bond.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Home/Bridge-Mode-Using-Your-Own-Router/ta-p/52181

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There are ways around that. I also have an ISP provided gateway modem/router, bonded T2200H, I just logged into it and "bridged" it thus rendering it a pure modem, then connected it to my 802.11ac 3x3 router. You can do that with most gateways.

I do not have fiber in my area yet dammit so had to settle for the dual adsl bond.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Home/Bridge-Mode-Using-Your-Own-Router/ta-p/52181
Well I got fiber, 100/100 so if you find anything good, I can help you test out and see if we can max my line, or atleast close to it.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I got fiber, 100/100 so if you find anything good, I can help you test out and see if we can max my line, or atleast close to it.
I have 2 bonded 50/15 making a 100/30 :P

Hey thanks, I plan on using my connection as the RX side and a remote backbone connection as the TX but if I have any trouble I'll let ya know.

Reactions: linuxares

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's a shit Netgear CG3000v2 and it limits both wifi and lan to 20 Mbps even my kodi box can't go above 20 Mbps the only time i get the max speed which is around 90 Mbps is through this computer

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got 50MBPS download speed on wifi, it downloads eshop games fast. Is not like we need more, we're not streaming 4K videos at 60FPS or anything. :P

Though i kinda am disappointed no kind of media streaming service exist, or even just video/music playback. :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch