Spencer Everly
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by SpencerlyEverly, , Reason: Updated with confirmed results.

Xizix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neutos released an update today also. I'm unsure if it's coincidental or not, but it's working fine in case anyone was wondering.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they worked fine on 10.0.0, they’ll still work fine.
Only (seemingly very small) changes were made to the hid sysmodule.

Retroarch worked on 9.2.0 but the PSNES or the PFBA didn't work unless you had to do a manual setting I was wondering if 10.0.0 had those issues I do wanna update down the road since Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is coming out but I'll cross my fingers if tinfoil can bypass the firmware requirement

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch worked on 9.2.0 but the PSNES or the PFBA didn't work unless you had to do a manual setting I was wondering if 10.0.0 had those issues I do wanna update down the road since Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is coming out but I'll cross my fingers if tinfoil can bypass the firmware requirement
Oh, the 9.x hid stuff. Yeah, all that impacts 10.x too.
You’ll have to wait for the developer to update it for that to be fixed unfortunately.

canteko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How do you update on your emuNAND firmware? Is it dangeorus to connect it to the internet and update? I just got into the Switch scene and I know nothing about updating the firmware without risk.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you update on your emuNAND firmware? Is it dangeorus to connect it to the internet and update? I just got into the Switch scene and I know nothing about updating the firmware without risk.
Updating online is fine if you haven’t done any “suspicious” activities (piracy, cheating in online titles, homebrew NSPs, etc).
Otherwise you can use ChoiDujourNX.

RogueRonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did this update and now none of my games work. I was literally just downloading some software from the eShop, it runs the download in the background per usual, but after going to the main screen they all have X marks. Clicked on one to run the download manually, but a pop-up for the 10.0.1 update starts and so I continue. Device restarts and I go to download the software again, only for it to tell me "unable to start software. Return home and try again." So I completely power off the switch lite, eject SD cartridges from the main and micro SD slots and then reinsert. Turn on the system and all of the icons are showing like they are downloaded and all, but I click on them again and literally every single item does not work, not even the main game slot which I've hardly used.

Is it normal for updates to cause a catastrophic error like this? I just finished my Pokemon Sword Pokedex to 400 today and will be quite annoyed I have to reformat the device. Only have had it for a couple months too.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did this update and now none of my games work. I was literally just downloading some software from the eShop, it runs the download in the background per usual, but after going to the main screen they all have X marks. Clicked on one to run the download manually, but a pop-up for the 10.0.1 update starts and so I continue. Device restarts and I go to download the software again, only for it to tell me "unable to start software. Return home and try again." So I completely power off the switch lite, eject SD cartridges from the main and micro SD slots and then reinsert. Turn on the system and all of the icons are showing like they are downloaded and all, but I click on them again and literally every single item does not work, not even the main game slot which I've hardly used.

Is it normal for updates to cause a catastrophic error like this? I just finished my Pokemon Sword Pokedex to 400 today and will be quite annoyed I have to reformat the device. Only have had it for a couple months too.
No, that's not normal at all. Updates don't usually cause big problems. Can you try completely deleting the game data from settings and then redownloading it?

RogueRonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not normal at all. Updates don't usually cause big problems. Can you try completely deleting the game data from settings and then redownloading it?

So if I take out the Micro SD, the main card tray is now able to work. Must be something faulty from eShop that caused it to possibly kill my Samsung 128gb Micro SD. I will attempt to reformat it on my PC, but it seems really weird that the Software Management setting shows the capacity of the Micro SD and also what games are on it. I can't delete anything though, as it triggers the error that it believes there is nothing inserted, but clearly showing it can read the data on it.

Tried a 64GB SanDisk brand and it was able to redownload an item and open up successfully without causing an error for the main card tray too. Really unique error for an SD card to cause software booting errors, for both trays to fail from a corrupted/ possibly bad card.

My only real assumption is that perhaps while the system had other software booted, it's automatic rule to close it once the update downloaded and needed to install, then failed and made a bad install/ corrupted the program that was running.

I have a 256GB card I'm going to try since the 64GB is not desirable for capacity on it.

Sul

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So if I take out the Micro SD, the main card tray is now able to work. Must be something faulty from eShop that caused it to possibly kill my Samsung 128gb Micro SD. I will attempt to reformat it on my PC, but it seems really weird that the Software Management setting shows the capacity of the Micro SD and also what games are on it. I can't delete anything though, as it triggers the error that it believes there is nothing inserted, but clearly showing it can read the data on it.

Tried a 64GB SanDisk brand and it was able to redownload an item and open up successfully without causing an error for the main card tray too. Really unique error for an SD card to cause software booting errors, for both trays to fail from a corrupted/ possibly bad card.

My only real assumption is that perhaps while the system had other software booted, it's automatic rule to close it once the update downloaded and needed to install, then failed and made a bad install/ corrupted the program that was running.

I have a 256GB card I'm going to try since the 64GB is not desirable for capacity on it.

I have a Samsung 128gb Evo Select and after going to 10.0.0 I am having the same issues on both 10.0.0 and 10.0.1

Will have to try another SD and see how it goes too.

Last edited by Sul,

RogueRonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Samsung 128gb Evo Select and after going to 10.0.0 I am having the same issues on both 10.0.0 and 10.0.1

Will have to try another SD and see how it goes too.
I was able to get my downloads working again in both the main tray and the micro SD card slot, once I swapped out the other. I am not convinced that the card simply failed on its own though. I had this same issue from the prior update and only had to reinsert the micro SD to get it working again. This time it was a complete failure after the update, but I thankfully had another empty card to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny