Hardware Switch & Switch Lite Absolutely Won't Turn On

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You name it, I've done it. Different chargers, non Switch chargers, plugging from dock or from the wall, holding down the POWER button, I can't get either of them to work. My main Switch uses Atmosphere. And yes, I have attempted to boot it from RCM but that refuses as well. I've left them charging for hours using various chargers and wall outlets, only for both of them to not even bother turning on. Any help here? Earlier my Switch Lite at least booted to the battery indicator, but never told me it was actually charging despite using an official Nintendo USB-C cable.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Put in the Switch in a OFFICIAL Nintendo charger. Let it stay there for like 24 hours. Then hold down the power button for 15 sec. Then try to start it again. See if that works. If it do, do the same to the Lite.

Reactions: XTHHedgehog

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dock's light won't even turn on anymore

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Put in the Switch in a OFFICIAL Nintendo charger. Let it stay there for like 24 hours. Then hold down the power button for 15 sec. Then try to start it again. See if that works. If it do, do the same to the Lite.

I've done that too. Especially when it came to my main Switch. I left it in a dock and left my Switch Lite in an official charger overnight. I woke up to find neither of them turning on. I've contemplated taking both Switches apart, but I have no experience with soldering.

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UPDATE: I've let them both "charge" overnight, and neither one will respond again. They won't respond at all, whether from charger or PC. My PC won't even make a noise to tell me either is connected.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know someone else with a switch?
If you do, perhaps ask them to charge it for you for 24 hours and see what happens?

Maybe some bad wiring in you place that caused the chargers to go bad. My switch doesn't charge from the pc either when the battery is fully drained, so can't rely on that alone

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know someone else with a switch?
If you do, perhaps ask them to charge it for you for 24 hours and see what happens?

Maybe some bad wiring in you place that caused the chargers to go bad. My switch doesn't charge from the pc either when the battery is fully drained, so can't rely on that alone
I'll give it a shot, though I know the chargers still work because they work with other devices.

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have a multimeter ? If yes, you could open your switch and test whether the battery is receiving charge from the power.

Maybe instead of using the switch charger, use a different charger and charge it overnight. I think your switch charger is like not behaving

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What was the last thing to happen to the consoles immediately before this problem happened? Were they left for a long time (>1 month) unused? I had this issue before on a Switch that had been left in a drawer for 3 months, it was fixed by disassembling, unplugging the battery, holding down the power button for 15 seconds, then reassembling.

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the last thing to happen to the consoles immediately before this problem happened? Were they left for a long time (>1 month) unused? I had this issue before on a Switch that had been left in a drawer for 3 months, it was fixed by disassembling, unplugging the battery, holding down the power button for 15 seconds, then reassembling.

Switch Lite was "Charging" for about a week (I put that in quotations because it was physically charging but apparently the charger was broken), and the Switch was just left in it's dock without charging for 2 weeks. I'll try your method!

bombob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch Lite was "Charging" for about a week (I put that in quotations because it was physically charging but apparently the charger was broken), and the Switch was just left in it's dock without charging for 2 weeks. I'll try your method!
Did it work?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, no dice. Left them charging for 2 days and still couldn't get them up and running. Guess I'll take them to a repair shop once the Virus lets up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol