Hardware Switch overheating issues causing supply issues?

D

Deleted-355425

Nor were your computer components designed to be. Tegra X1 is very much meant for a smaller form factor. And I've never seen it overheat once, in my Shield TV or Switch. I should also note that my Shield TV is used in the same room as a hot tub, where it's about 20 degrees hotter and about 80% humidity all the time. In other words, you'd have to do something very stupid to overheat either device, IE wrap it in a towel/blanket and cover all the vents. I've watched Youtube videos where the Switch handled even that with little issue, until it was double-wrapped.

Right, what's that got to do with the internal temps shortening the life span? The thing won't over heat because it's set to switch off, the rising up to that point or sitting just below it is what starts to kill the internals.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
If you cram electronics in a confined space with little air flow it will die quicker then a system that has more room in the case, its as simple as that.

I work in electronics and SMT for a living, you are only stating opinion and a stupid YouTube video. Board and internal component temps are way different to just a case temperature.

I hope you work better than you arguing on the internet..

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Right, what's that got to do with the internal temps shortening the life span? The thing won't over heat because it's set to switch off, the rising up to that point or sitting just below it is what starts to kill the internals.
Using electronics slowly kills their internals, yes. There's no reason to believe Switch is hitting some magic "danger zone" that's killing its internals any faster, though. Ambient temp matters a lot obviously, but Tegra X1 is a tank regardless.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted-355425

Using electronics slowly kills their internals, yes. There's no reason to believe Switch is hitting some magic "danger zone" that's killing its internals any faster, though. Ambient temp matters a lot obviously, but Tegra X1 is a tank regardless.

The temperatures of the actual PCB or inside the components that get hot will indeed shorten the life spans of components around it if that excess heat can reach them. Measuring the temperature with a probe resting onto of an IC isn't exactly proof of your argument either.

Last edited by ,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
So.... we would have a mountain of dead phones if this was a issue today. I don't believe heat is such a big issue today as it was 10 years ago. The tech evolves, the Switch is no exception.
Noo psssh! Get your tinfoil hat. Mech our prophet for electronics say it will overheat! Like the Note 7. RUN! RUN YOU FOOL.

D

Deleted-355425

Noo psssh! Get your tinfoil hat. Mech our prophet for electronics say it will overheat! Like the Note 7. RUN! RUN YOU FOOL.

I didn't even... fuck this I'm going to go hang myself.... this community... FML.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The temperatures of the actual PCB or inside the components that get hot will indeed shorten the life spans of components around it if that excess heat can reach them. Measuring the temperature with a probe resting onto of an IC isn't exactly proof of your argument either.
It's been tested to hell and back, you simply want to believe there's an issue where there isn't one.

D

Deleted-355425

It's been tested to hell and back, you simply want to believe there's an issue where there isn't one.

I said it's a possibility not that it's got a death wish. Quit being so reeeeee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL