switch online

Jstsxlittt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
So I bought a jailbroken switch and somehow it has both emunand and sysnand if I go into hekate and I boot into sysnand usually cuz it tells me that it has some sort of error when I try and boot emunand, he told me that its safe to play online if I boot stock firmware but idk cuz I read that its not safe in any way if u have sysnand I also am not sure I can even connect to wifi on sysnand and I see people online use tinfoil to downlaod games and use wifi so I am very confused about the whole situation.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I bought a jailbroken switch and somehow it has both emunand and sysnand if I go into hekate and I boot into sysnand usually cuz it tells me that it has some sort of error when I try and boot emunand, he told me that its safe to play online if I boot stock firmware but idk cuz I read that its not safe in any way if u have sysnand I also am not sure I can even connect to wifi on sysnand and I see people online use tinfoil to downlaod games and use wifi so I am very confused about the whole situation.
No, it's 100% not safe to go online in stock if you've installed any NSPs on your sysNAND. You can flash a new emuNAND from Hekate which should make it work but once your sysNAND is unclean there's nothing you can do to 100% restore it to stock, the best you can do is wipe following this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/cleaning-up-nand-to-play-online-safely.551767/

Reactions: Jstsxlittt

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bad advise. There is a person or two on the ban thread who got banned for wiping their sysnand. You connect to Ninty servers, they check for error logs. If you had errors before, but not now, they know you messed with it. That is, of course, if those people are telling the absolute truth. (and in your case, if the previous owner says they have never installed an NSP, and are telling the truth).

I add the disclaimer to the end, because if you NEVER install an NSP of any kind, and also don't play online games with cheats activated, you will not get banned on sysnand. SciresM has been going online with his switch since he created Atmosphere, and his console is not banned.

If you will ever install an nsp for any reason, even a homebrew forwarder like installing a retroarch core to your menu or installing tinfoil, then I agree that you must create an emuemmc, and only install them there.

Reactions: Jstsxlittt

Jstsxlittt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
bad advise. There is a person or two on the ban thread who got banned for wiping their sysnand. You connect to Ninty servers, they check for error logs. If you had errors before, but not now, they know you messed with it. That is, of course, if those people are telling the absolute truth. (and in your case, if the previous owner says they have never installed an NSP, and are telling the truth).

I add the disclaimer to the end, because if you NEVER install an NSP of any kind, and also don't play online games with cheats activated, you will not get banned on sysnand. SciresM has been going online with his switch since he created Atmosphere, and his console is not banned.

If you will ever install an nsp for any reason, even a homebrew forwarder like installing a retroarch core to your menu or installing tinfoil, then I agree that you must create an emuemmc, and only install them th
Thanks for the help and sadly no I have a lot of nsp games installed. Btw cant you like completely format the switch and then rejailbreak it with emuMMC?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help and sadly no I have a lot of nsp games installed. Btw cant you like completely format the switch and then rejailbreak it with emuMMC?
you can do whatever you want. At this point, if you use online functions outside of CFW (if you launch OFW and visit the e-shop, for example) you can expect a ban. It might not be immediate, but it'll happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, *kills him*