Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. It won't be constant. I have an OLED that is used much more frequently for legitimate purchases and stuff. It'll be in SysNAND incredibly rarely.

You can use one SD card if it large enough, that would at least save some hassle with dealing with broken SD card connector. As long you partition your NAND correctly you would be fine.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a couple questions that perplex me a bit, I just want to make sure I haven't made a horrific mistake.

I've done the backups of NAND, Keys, all fine.
I've created an Emunand, made sure Exosphere is installed, all that good stuff - Serials say zeroes and I can't connect to nintendo servers.

Is it normal for all of my save data and installed games to also be on the emunand? Is it fine to conclude that it literally copies everything, and doesn't just make a blank?

Also, I've made sure it's actually booted into emunand, it says AMS 1.4.0|E.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple questions that perplex me a bit, I just want to make sure I haven't made a horrific mistake.

I've done the backups of NAND, Keys, all fine.
I've created an Emunand, made sure Exosphere is installed, all that good stuff - Serials say zeroes and I can't connect to nintendo servers.

Is it normal for all of my save data and installed games to also be on the emunand? Is it fine to conclude that it literally copies everything, and doesn't just make a blank?

Also, I've made sure it's actually booted into emunand, it says AMS 1.4.0|E.
emuMMC is initially a copy of sysMMC, not a blank. If you want it to be blank, you will have to delete everything after making emuMMC. There is no way to create a black emuMMC from the start.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
emuMMC is initially a copy of sysMMC, not a blank. If you want it to be blank, you will have to delete everything after making emuMMC. There is no way to create a black emuMMC from the start.
Wonderful - Just making sure. Thank you very much. Switch stuff is just slightly more involved than the other consoles I've done before - So just checking with the pros :P

Reactions: Draxzelex

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hi everyone,
Sorry if I am off topic but I came accross an error message yesterday and couldn't figure it out.
The error code is 2618-0006. It occured when I tried to play Ultra street fighter 2 on local wireless with my brother. I have to mention that we both have a V1 switch with emunand and using the same version of the game. When I checked nintendo's support page, I found that this code is showed when we try to play with the same copy of the game on 2 different systems. I went on to "obtain" another copy as I have a US version so I downloaded a EU and JP version to try and isntall one of them as it should be detected as 2 different versions.
What happened is after deleting the current version and installing both other versions, it is still occuring. First telling me I can't join lobby, then error message popping up.
I was on firmware 14 so I updated Atmosphere and FW to the latest using All In One. Still the same issue. This is happening only with street fighter, with other games, everything works normally.
Any suggestions on what more should I do/try to be able to play again? Is this issue happeneing to you as well? Is it related to the game itself or to a setup on our systems? I should mention that ldn_mitm is of course deactivated when trying to play local wireless.

Thank you in advance for your help and again, sorry if off topic.

manaconda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys/gals n00b here in have a modded oled switch that I want to get a larger SD card for can anyone point me to a guide on doing that and keeping my game saves? Please thank you!

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahoy again. All working great - But I wondered if it was possible to divert my legally downloaded stuff (aka the nintendo folder) to the emunand so it will work there too? Atm it just tells me to download a game, which obviously i'm not going to do on an EMUnand.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the diferences between those os'es? Thanks ✌️

Only Atmosphere work with firmware 15.0.1. The other two ReiNX and SX OS are dead
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys/gals n00b here in have a modded oled switch that I want to get a larger SD card for can anyone point me to a guide on doing that and keeping my game saves? Please thank you!

Any emunand?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the diferences between those os'es? Thanks ✌️
The differences are irrelevant since SX OS has been discontinued unofficially by its developers so the only CFW everyone is and should be using is Atmosphere. The reason being was already explained in that SX OS doesn't work on firmware 15.0. The highest firmware it supports is 11.0 which makes the CFW useless because newer games require firmware versions higher than that and there is no way to bypass that.
Saves are stored in the console's internal memory so moving to a larger SD card has no effect on save data. Other than that, you can just copy and paste the files from one SD card to another. The only thing you cannot copy and paste is a partition-based emuMMC. To move that, you must first dump it with Hekate then use Hekate again to restore it on the new SD card.
Ahoy again. All working great - But I wondered if it was possible to divert my legally downloaded stuff (aka the nintendo folder) to the emunand so it will work there too? Atm it just tells me to download a game, which obviously i'm not going to do on an EMUnand.
In your emummc.ini file, it also designates the Nintendo folder used by your emuMMC. Simply copy the contents of your original Nintendo folder to the one designated for your emuMMC.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just use NSP for Emuannd stuffs, and keep your legally purchased stuffs on clean NAND.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
In your emummc.ini file, it also designates the Nintendo folder used by your emuMMC. Simply copy the contents of your original Nintendo folder to the one designated for your emuMMC.
Ah, okay, thanks. That'd take up a lot of space though. I'd probably have to migrate to a much larger SD card later on to do that.
Post automatically merged:

Just use NSP for Emuannd stuffs, and keep your legally purchased stuffs on clean NAND.
That's probably a good idea, heh.

Been playing some awkward or normally import stuff through NSPs that I usually wouldn't be able to. Probably the most 'able' modded consolefor myself so far. It's got so much to do on it.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi there,

So I want to update update my SysNAND and EmuNAND, but I'm not sure how to do it properly to avoid bricking or acess to CFW.
So if I'm correct, I can update SysNAND through official procedure, and to update EmuNAND, I have to update Atmosphere first and use Daybreak to update EmuNAND?

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I want to update update my SysNAND and EmuNAND, but I'm not sure how to do it properly to avoid bricking or acess to CFW.
So if I'm correct, I can update SysNAND through official procedure, and to update EmuNAND, I have to update Atmosphere first and use Daybreak to update EmuNAND?

Thanks in advance!
Yes. Also updating firmware won't ever change your access to CFW because the exploit used is tied to the hardware, not the software. It also would never cause a brick unless Nintendo wanted a lawsuit on their hands for their own firmware updates bricking people's devices.

Reactions: Ritsuki

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes. Also updating firmware won't ever change your access to CFW because the exploit used is tied to the hardware, not the software. It also would never cause a brick unless Nintendo wanted a lawsuit on their hands for their own firmware updates bricking people's devices.
Thanks a lot!

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed a particular game from an NSP, and it's still giving me the ol 'update is available' routine. I assume this is still down to firmware IDs and such?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a particular game from an NSP, and it's still giving me the ol 'update is available' routine. I assume this is still down to firmware IDs and such?
Nintendo are tricky. Embedded within firmware updates are a list of all available updates for games so as you update your firmware, you also update this list. So even if you're offline, the Switch will know if there is an update available for your game.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!