Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help but is there a way to still use themes with the script you gave me i made one and hope to still use if it's not possible then I'm fine with it.
Sure is possible. Themes still work. Of course they install under /sxos/titles/ instead of /atmosphere/contents/. This works out though because you can have a different theme and boot sequence for each CFW.

e: just watch for the alert telling you it needs to extract the menu system and where you want to extract it to. It can be tricky if you’re not paying attention.

tempnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure is possible. Themes still work. Of course they install under /sxos/titles/ instead of /atmosphere/contents/. This works out though because you can have a different theme and boot sequence for each CFW.

e: just watch for the alert telling you it needs to extract the menu system and where you want to extract it to. It can be tricky if you’re not paying attention.
I mean't sx os menu themes for the boot menu the one with the options from where to boot cfw or stock.

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
So first time posting in here and I thought I'd ask this question. I recently got a modded switch (guessing atmosphere) and basically the Switch is 13.1.0 and I was looking to update it to 14.1.7. I was wanting to know if it was safe to do it booted into the official firmware or if not then can you update it safely through Goldleaf. I don't intend to play the games online or anything but I was just looking for fully updated switch.

Evan5935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Howdy friends! 🤠

Anyone know how to trade with discord tradebots for pokemon sword, while on emunand and in atmosphere?

Do i need to set up my own bot for that and use ldn_mitm? Or can i use ldn to connect to any bot that im in a discord server with?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first time posting in here and I thought I'd ask this question. I recently got a modded switch (guessing atmosphere) and basically the Switch is 13.1.0 and I was looking to update it to 14.1.7. I was wanting to know if it was safe to do it booted into the official firmware or if not then can you update it safely through Goldleaf. I don't intend to play the games online or anything but I was just looking for fully updated switch.

…as long as the seller didn’t do you dirty, the ideal process is to update Sysnand using official Ninty servers and then dump the new Firmware from Sysnand so you can upgrade your Emunand using Daybreak.

Here’s one way to do it: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, sorry if this has been asked so many times but I'm a bit lost as to how update the CFW and the switch's fw.

I always have it set to airplane mode but since I was traspassing some screenshots to my phone the lastest FW got downloaded and now it prompts to update whenever I launch a game.
I haven't updated yet but I imagine sooner or later I'll be spaced out and update by mistake and I imagine I'd want to avoid it.

I'm on 13.21 currently with Atmosphere updated to whatever version it was the current one once that update was out.
Switch is banned though since I bought it like that.

I don't keep up to date with switch hacking so I always forget what exactly are the steps to do an easy update.

Could anyone point me to a guide?

Last edited by Walo,

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@ClassicAlert @binkinator

Ok, so i tested some games and saves:

1. copy paste my old "saves" folder from the old emunand [extracted using nxnand manager] to my sd card emummc/raw1/nintendo/save - no luck
2. I copy paste my old "saves" folder in the emuNAND "user" folder using nxnandmanager - no luck, games do not see that save
3. I have some old JKSV backup for some games, i put JKSV old folder on my SD - now i must open game, and then i can restore save from JKSV

so im assuming, that the only option is to creating new games, dumping on jksv, and then change save files and use "restore", but saves from "save" folder are without name [we can use nxnandmanager to decode it i think]

alot of hussle but i think its better than starting over some games

let me know @ClassicAlert if you find some faster way to do it

Today i use tinfoil usb instalation [after connecting switch there is "SWITCH" on explorer and place called "installation" where you can drag games/updates/dlcs] - any downside of this kind of instalation?

Still i don't know why but i have 3 SD partitions, and i cant use about 30~gb, what is reason of that? can i fix it?

cheers

Reactions: ClassicAlert

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ClassicAlert @binkinator

Ok, so i tested some games and saves:

1. copy paste my old "saves" folder from the old emunand [extracted using nxnand manager] to my sd card emummc/raw1/nintendo/save - no luck
2. I copy paste my old "saves" folder in the emuNAND "user" folder using nxnandmanager - no luck, games do not see that save
3. I have some old JKSV backup for some games, i put JKSV old folder on my SD - now i must open game, and then i can restore save from JKSV

so im assuming, that the only option is to creating new games, dumping on jksv, and then change save files and use "restore", but saves from "save" folder are without name [we can use nxnandmanager to decode it i think]

alot of hussle but i think its better than starting over some games

let me know @ClassicAlert if you find some faster way to do it

Today i use tinfoil usb instalation [after connecting switch there is "SWITCH" on explorer and place called "installation" where you can drag games/updates/dlcs] - any downside of this kind of instalation?
This is a great solution. USB is very fast. Much faster than Network.

Here are some other installers to consider (no need to limit yourself to just one):

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
Still i don't know why but i have 3 SD partitions, and i cant use about 30~gb, what is reason of that? can i fix it?

cheers
Not sure how you ended up with 3 but look in your /emuMMC/emummc.ini to determine which one is live. You can tell by the sector= value. The higher the number the further back on the drive it will be. If you have 0x02, for example, it would be the first partition.

Here’s mine which I have at the back of my sdcard.

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2a358000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Once you’ve determined which one is the unused one you can use a free too such as MiniTool Partition Wizard to delete the partition and grow your FAT32 partition. It supports live migration, but always make a backup….just in case.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry if this has been asked so many times but I'm a bit lost as to how update the CFW and the switch's fw.

I always have it set to airplane mode but since I was traspassing some screenshots to my phone the lastest FW got downloaded and now it prompts to update whenever I launch a game.
I haven't updated yet but I imagine sooner or later I'll be spaced out and update by mistake and I imagine I'd want to avoid it.

I'm on 13.21 currently with Atmosphere updated to whatever version it was the current one once that update was out.
Switch is banned though since I bought it like that.

I don't keep up to date with switch hacking so I always forget what exactly are the steps to do an easy update.

Could anyone point me to a guide?

Oddly enough…it’s in the post right above yours.

Here you go!

Here’s one way to do it: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

Reactions: Walo

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yeah…the second one was a bit harder to find but find it we did.

I have bad news…

View attachment 313635

View attachment 313636

…they both work great. Absolutely zero issues. :-(

I’m on 14.1.1 | 1.3.2 | E

I’m also running the SaltyNX network hack. Going to disable it and see if I can get it to fail.

e: I turned off SaltyNX and it didn’t reproduce the error.

View attachment 313642

I know you’ve probably already done this, but maybe source the backups from somewhere else and try to reinstall?

Well, that, to me, is certainly good news rather than bad. I figured the games had to be working fine and that this is some kind of issue with my setup, atleast now we are sure of that.

I have never before encountered such an issue with the source I am using, and it is somewhat unlikely that the issue would be with both games, but I'll definately try another source now.

While I do that, could you tell me which Title Installer you used to install them? Also, is there any chance this could be caused by the game ticket/lack of game ticket? Neither of these 2 games have any ticket on my system.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that, to me, is certainly good news rather than bad. I figured the games had to be working fine and that this is some kind of issue with my setup, atleast now we are sure of that.

I have never before encountered such an issue with the source I am using, and it is somewhat unlikely that the issue would be with both games, but I'll definately try another source now.

While I do that, could you tell me which Title Installer you used to install them? Also, is there any chance this could be caused by the game ticket/lack of game ticket? Neither of these 2 games have any ticket on my system.

I used DBI for these because its USB implementation is really solid and fast. Here’s a list of the installers I use:

Installers​

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I used DBI for these because its USB implementation is really solid and fast. Here’s a list of the installers I use:

Installers​

Okay, So I installed Corpse Party from a different source, and the issue persists, but now I am wondering...

While installing the game with DBI, the installer fails to install a ticket, saying that I have no ES patches, when I know that I actually have them. I have 22 in total. Do you, by any chance, have more than that?

Attachments

• List of ES_patches.png
    List of ES_patches.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 28
  • List of ES_patches.txt
    922 bytes · Views: 32

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, so little guide how to restore/move saves from emuNAND to another EmuNAND:

1. Make emunand backup with NxNANDManager [you need keys]
2. Mount backup file in NxNANDManager and copy "save" folder from USER [down on the list]
3. Use this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-save-from-nand-backup.514261/post-8597227 - just put all files into "save" folder - it will extract saves
4. All saves folder will be in form of ID not game name [i.e. 01008F300C7B2000 is Katamari Damacy REROLL] - i just copied all that folder names one by one into google and find what title it is
5. Start game on switch and make a new save
6. use DBI installer, connect via MTP responder
7. u will see "disk" named "Saves" - there u can find folder for all instaled games
8. you can copypast your old save in the corresponding folder - BUT it must have some save [your save cant be first]

i think it is little faster then JKSV

maybe there is some tool to name game-saves folder based on id's [like NUT] - that will make it faster

@ClassicAlert

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, So I installed Corpse Party from a different source, and the issue persists, but now I am wondering...

While installing the game with DBI, the installer fails to install a ticket, saying that I have no ES patches, when I know that I actually have them. I have 22 in total. Do you, by any chance, have more than that?

I have precisely 22…

Do you have this line in your hekate_ipl.ini file?

kip1patch=nosigchk

090BA9D0-B316-4590-AEE5-20DDA0704F76.jpeg

ClassicAlert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so little guide how to restore/move saves from emuNAND to another EmuNAND:

1. Make emunand backup with NxNANDManager [you need keys]
2. Mount backup file in NxNANDManager and copy "save" folder from USER [down on the list]
3. Use this tool: - just put all files into "save" folder - it will extract saves
4. All saves folder will be in form of ID not game name [i.e. 01008F300C7B2000 is Katamari Damacy REROLL] - i just copied all that folder names one by one into google and find what title it is
5. Start game on switch and make a new save
6. use DBI installer, connect via MTP responder
7. u will see "disk" named "Saves" - there u can find folder for all instaled games
8. you can copypast your old save in the corresponding folder - BUT it must have some save [your save cant be first]

i think it is little faster then JKSV

maybe there is some tool to name game-saves folder based on id's [like NUT] - that will make it faster

@ClassicAlert
Nice. Yesterday I found jover's tool as well and was able to get my old saves up and running. I wish your instructions or something similar were more prominent on some of the switch guides online as a last resort of a messed up emuNAND. Glad we got our saves back!
EDIT: Oh, I should mention the way I got my saves back was creating saves for the games on my Switch with Checkpoint then adding the corresponding folders from the tool's output to the folders created by Checkpoint. I don't think it's any faster.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have precisely 22…

Do you have this line in your hekate_ipl.ini file?

kip1patch=nosigchk

View attachment 313743
Nope, not since I overwrote my Hekate config file using the Erista Config stuff in the guide you linked, there is such a line in the Hekate config file in my backup folder though...

EDIT: Simply adding back the line did not help, and I remember that following the guide did resolve the Hekate error "Failed to apply 'nosigchk' ".

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

kfirbep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this guide: rentry. org/ SwitchHackingIsEasy
And I am in the part where I need to create an ini file in order to hack my switch, I was wondering how do I do that? I have never created an ini file and this guide is pretty hard to understand they don't tell you where you are supposed to find certain files or how to create files so if someone has a better guide I would love to try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol