Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

literallyMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aite, i'll try that probably tomorrow and post the progress, tyvm J-man from an Easter play <3
So, i forgot to post what happened lol

Basically erased game save, uninstalled smash via data management, did the fix bit thing and installed xenoblade remastered and it ran fine.

And then, before doing the sd card tests, wanted to make absolutelly sure it wasnt bad luck 5x in a row downloading smash, so i searched online for a .nsp checker and found Nsc builder (cant link yet), which told me the nsp was indeed corrupted, somehow.

Maybe its my pc doing weird stuff during decompression, but oh well, posting this story for posterity. I went to borrow a smash cart from a friend and dumped it and it runs fine.

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey
So I've been slowly making progress on your "ToDo" XD, and I have updated my Firmware to the latest, 14.1.1. I have also tried the latest Sig Patches from ITotalJustice, and unfortunately, nothing has changed...There are a total of 4 games that refuse to boot after I followed that guide. Tbh, I doesn't really bother me too much, but there is 1 far more annoying issue.

I went back to the Switch hacking scene because there was a new game I really wanted to play and I had to update my FW to play it. I installed it with TinWoo but every time I try to launch the game, I was told to disable Airplane mode, and if I do that, the Switch tries to run a check to see if the game can be played, which errors out due to no internet connection, and I am NOT giving it internet access. One other newly installed game also gives this exact same issue.

Any idea what this is about? That's what's really starting to get to me. I just can't figure this out:S

Try this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-feasible-to-mitm-the-internet-connection-module.609819/

For the rest I would try downloading from a different source and reinstalling.

Lalapaloozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e: copying all the old crusty stuff over would be a hassle and then you’re left with who knows what all Frankenstein’d together. Yuck.

i would recommend you start clean by copying your new Switch Sysnand to a new SDCard with a new Emunand.
Update Emunand to latest greatest FW (14.1.1)
Reinstall your games since I’m pretty sure they will be tied to your old switch.
Your homebrew could probably use an update and some won’t work after you update FW and Atmosphere anyway.
Finally, use JKSV to copy your game saves from the old switch to the new.
Thank you for your help yesterday! I've set everything up freshly and just copied over my JKSV backups and I've properly set up emuMMC and dns mitm as well as exosphere for the emuMMC.

Now before I re-add my games on sysMMC or redownload my "backups" on emuMMC and the rest of my homebrew/nsps, I was wondering, if I download "backups" on my emuMMC, will my sysMMC with CFW also become tainted? And if so, what can I do to avoid tainting sysMMC + CFW option, just in case I ever want to go online with it or accidentally boot into it, so that I don't get myself banned because I'll definitely be using internet on my sysMMC.

When I launch Hekate, I have the option to boot EmuMMC, sysMMC + CFW or sysMMC. Basically, I want to make sure that messing with my emuMMC has no bearing on the sysMMC + CFW option. I know it doesn't affect sysMMC but I'm worried about the sysMMC + CFW option because I'm able to see all my homebrew. Thanks again in advance! Appreciate your help

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help yesterday! I've set everything up freshly and just copied over my JKSV backups and I've properly set up emuMMC and dns mitm as well as exosphere for the emuMMC.
Cool! You bet.
Now before I re-add my games on sysMMC or redownload my "backups" on emuMMC and the rest of my homebrew/nsps, I was wondering, if I download "backups" on my emuMMC, will my sysMMC with CFW also become tainted?
Sysnand and Emunand are completely separate after you make the copy. What you do on one will not impact the other. Accepted practice is to keep Sysnand 100% clean with only eshop purchased and official game cartridge games (absolutely 0 nsp or xci…even if you use a backup from a game you own and dump.) All questionable items would go on Emunand and you would prevent Emunand from going online using exosphere and dns:mitm. https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
And if so, what can I do to avoid tainting sysMMC + CFW option, just in case I ever want to go online with it or accidentally boot into it, so that I don't get myself banned because I'll definitely be using internet on my sysMMC.
You can run CFW on Sysnand. That’s how Atmosphere is intended to be used. Most non-cheating homebrew is fine too but everything you add to the mix increases your risk to some degree as we don’t know exactly what Ninty looks for, so if you’re going Online…be smart about it and do NOT do nsp or xci.
When I launch Hekate, I have the option to boot EmuMMC, sysMMC + CFW or sysMMC.
CFW Is basically patches to the OS. It’s absolutely not piracy in and of itself. You won’t get banned for running Atmosphere on Sysnand. You will be able to see homebrew if CFW (Atmosphere) is loaded. Both your Sysnand option are good here as long as there are no nsp or xci. Just homebrew.
Basically, I want to make sure that messing with my emuMMC has no bearing on the sysMMC + CFW option. I know it doesn't affect sysMMC but I'm worried about the sysMMC + CFW option because I'm able to see all my homebrew. Thanks again in advance! Appreciate your help
You bet. Stay clean and good luck!

Reactions: Lalapaloozer

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello all!

I have big problem with my hacked switch. Today i try to add some homebrews [retroarch, psp emu and ftpd], i take out sd card without switching off switch [probably thats the reason], I add all stuff, put sd card back and [because it was atmosphere error on the screen] choose option to restart to atmosphere

and after atmosphere logo i've got black screen and nothing

after hard reset, i take off sd card and delete all new stuff [one by one] - nothing changes
then i start panicking so i download new clean atmo - nothing changes
i delate atmosphere, bootloader, sept and config files and i add new on my SD card [clean and deepsea and HATS] - nothing

i dont have any more ideas, i think my emuMMC is somehow broken? [is fat32, like whole SD card]

It is possible to restore my data when after creating emummc? Or maybe there is other solutions? i make saves backup using nxnandmanager and i create "full nand.bin" backup using it, but i don't know it can help or not and how to use it later...

cheers and thank you in advance for help!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I have big problem with my hacked switch. Today i try to add some homebrews [retroarch, psp emu and ftpd], i take out sd card without switching off switch [probably thats the reason], I add all stuff, put sd card back and [because it was atmosphere error on the screen] choose option to restart to atmosphere

and after atmosphere logo i've got black screen and nothing

after hard reset, i take off sd card and delete all new stuff [one by one] - nothing changes
then i start panicking so i download new clean atmo - nothing changes
i delate atmosphere, bootloader, sept and config files and i add new on my SD card [clean and deepsea and HATS] - nothing

i dont have any more ideas, i think my emuMMC is somehow broken? [is fat32, like whole SD card]

It is possible to restore my data when after creating emummc? Or maybe there is other solutions? i make saves backup using nxnandmanager and i create "full nand.bin" backup using it, but i don't know it can help or not and how to use it later...

cheers and thank you in advance for help!
Couple easy things to try:

Do the first two (2) steps of this process and then reboot:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode

Run fix archive bit option in Hekate. It is in tools, second tab

e: here’s a 3rd option in case those don’t work…go through this guide step by step without skipping anything and it will likely fix your issue.

https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

crashnova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the one I use: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

read read read and make sure you understand what you’re doing…helps with troubleshooting in the future. :-)
Took your advice and followed the guide. Using exosphere and DNS MITM over incognito. However, I need some help again. In tinfoil I noticed atmosphere (sysnand) and under incognito in the backup slot 0 I pressed A and it says dirty backup found. I haven't touched anything under incognito. And as far as I'm aware I haven't installed anything on the sysnand. Can I use haku33 to clean up the console just in case or am I being paranoid? Also, if I do use haku33 can I leave the SD card untouched?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took your advice and followed the guide. Using exosphere and DNS MITM over incognito. However, I need some help again. In tinfoil I noticed atmosphere (sysnand) and under incognito in the backup slot 0 I pressed A and it says dirty backup found.
I haven't touched anything under incognito. And as far as I'm aware I haven't installed anything on the sysnand. Can I use haku33 to clean up the console just in case or am I being paranoid? Also, if I do use haku33 can I leave the SD card untouched?
Could you please describe the issue in a different way? I’m not following what’s happening.

Typically there’s no need to use haku33 unless you want to take your Sysnand Online. Hakku33 will delete log files. There’s some evidence that missing logs can trigger a ban.

Incognito would block your ability to go online by blanking out your Serial number with all zeros. You can easily check if incognito is in place by looking at yiur Serial Number in Settings.

Cerroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bombarding everyone with my basic, dumb questions but... you know newer Switches can't be Homebrew hacked because of some security fix or something? Is there... like... a "next best thing" I can do to my Switch?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bombarding everyone with my basic, dumb questions but... you know newer Switches can't be Homebrew hacked because of some security fix or something? Is there... like... a "next best thing" I can do to my Switch?
A mod chip is the next best thing to hack your newer model Switch.

crashnova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please describe the issue in a different way? I’m not following what’s happening.

Typically there’s no need to use haku33 unless you want to take your Sysnand Online. Hakku33 will delete log files. There’s some evidence that missing logs can trigger a ban.

Incognito would block your ability to go online by blanking out your Serial number with all zeros. You can easily check if incognito is in place by looking at yiur Serial Number in Settings.
My bad. Forgot to post pics.

Attachments

• 82E373BE-49C9-492A-BF53-9A8FAA12BDDD.jpeg
    82E373BE-49C9-492A-BF53-9A8FAA12BDDD.jpeg
    690.3 KB · Views: 25
  • FCAFD64E-0C2F-4AE2-AD72-C729629C7385.jpeg
    FCAFD64E-0C2F-4AE2-AD72-C729629C7385.jpeg
    696.5 KB · Views: 36

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. Forgot to post pics.
Aha. Gotcha. I’ve not messed with the Incognito inside of Tinfoil in ages. Just taking a look at mine now and it shows my blanked out Serial number (from exosphere.ini.)

image.jpg

If it makes you nervous, disable wifi and move your /exosphere.ini file temporarily to /exosphere.ini.bk and reboot. You should see your normal serial number again (no need to ever post it here of course.)

e: if I had to guess, you may have “backed up” a copy of your zero’d out serial number using incognito and it knows that’s incorrect.

The other is just payloads Tinfoil is aware of. Use Hekate as your payload launcher and you’ll be just fine.

Reactions: crashnova

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dipping my toes into the switch (lite, specifically) mod scene. I think I'm familiar with hardware side of things, but are there any good guides/tutorials for setting up the software (hekate and the like). Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: nomnaut

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, one more quick question. Is it worth trying to seek out an SX Lite for modding, or does the HWFly Lite suffice? I remember reading about the differences between the two, one of them involving updating, but since I haven't had a chance to play with either yet, I didn't quite understand the minutiae involved.

XeSanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello, Alright, so 48 hours ago i purchased a switch with cfw, first time i ever see one and first time in person and first time i own one, its in the latest firmware version and it probably uses atmosphere

The previous owner told me that if it runs out of battery or i want to fully turn it off then turn it on again, i always need to do a process with the pc, he told me its a program called TegraRCM, i have been reading about it beacuse even if only let it in sleep mode and charge it all the times once the battery reaches 10%, i want to fully turn it off for a few days which i won't be able to use it, i installed the APX driver and the switch conects to the pc without problems, as i use it to copy games to the console using a tutorial involving Goldleaf and Quark which worked flawlessy, even if the switch doesn't appears on the device list, a program called Zadig which i used to install games with Goldleaf and Quark detects it as Nintendo Switch, is this normal?

I connect my switch while its on in the main menu to the pc and it makes the windows sounds, however, tegrarcm says no RCM Device Detected, this is normal? like it says no RCM Device even if the console is on, i don't want to turn it off then having a lot of trouble to get it back again and still show RCM Device Not Detected, thanks in advance

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, one more quick question. Is it worth trying to seek out an SX Lite for modding, or does the HWFly Lite suffice? I remember reading about the differences between the two, one of them involving updating, but since I haven't had a chance to play with either yet, I didn't quite understand the minutiae involved.
Only if you happen upon one and are a purist. Original chips are a rare find and at this point offer no real advantage. The early HWFLY chips were a bit dodgy but the latest revisions are flashable and do everything you need to hack your switch. There’s a video around about which one to chose. Will see if I can dig it up.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/oled-hwfly-install-video.606953/#post-9733330

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Alright, so 48 hours ago i purchased a switch with cfw, first time i ever see one and first time in person and first time i own one, its in the latest firmware version and it probably uses atmosphere

The previous owner told me that if it runs out of battery or i want to fully turn it off then turn it on again, i always need to do a process with the pc, he told me its a program called TegraRCM, i have been reading about it beacuse even if only let it in sleep mode and charge it all the times once the battery reaches 10%, i want to fully turn it off for a few days which i won't be able to use it, i installed the APX driver and the switch conects to the pc without problems, as i use it to copy games to the console using a tutorial involving Goldleaf and Quark which worked flawlessy, even if the switch doesn't appears on the device list, a program called Zadig which i used to install games with Goldleaf and Quark detects it as Nintendo Switch, is this normal?

I connect my switch while its on in the main menu to the pc and it makes the windows sounds, however, tegrarcm says no RCM Device Detected, this is normal? like it says no RCM Device even if the console is on, i don't want to turn it off then having a lot of trouble to get it back again and still show RCM Device Not Detected, thanks in advance

For TecraRCM to see the Switch you will need to put your Switch in RCM mode. This will require a jig or some method of grounding pin 10 on the right hand joycon rail. The only way to get into this mode is to essentially turn it off. The behavior so far is all good signs so I doubt you’ll have any issues getting back to where you are.

https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/entering_rcm/

Reactions: XeSanti

XeSanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thanks, In that case, once i want to turn it on again, which payload i would need to use ? the switch says the actual version is 14.1.1|AMS 1.3.1|S, I downloaded TegraRCMGUI_v.2.6_portable and inside the favorites folder has these 4:
Fusee_Atmosphere.bin
hekate_ctcaer_5.0.0.bin
ReiNX.bin
SX_Loader.bin

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, In that case, once i want to turn it on again, which payload i would need to use ? the switch says the actual version is 14.1.1|AMS 1.3.1|S, I downloaded TegraRCMGUI_v.2.6_portable and inside the favorites folder has these 4:
Fusee_Atmosphere.bin
hekate_ctcaer_5.0.0.bin
ReiNX.bin
SX_Loader.bin

Either hekate if it's configured or fusee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...