Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just updated hekate and atmostphere and updated to to the newest compatible firmware. I remember last time I had to change something in one of the text files to read carts again, what was it I needed to do that with?

That’s a key bit of information my friend. Was wracking my brain for how that could possibly happen. I’m guessing you were on a pre-1.0.0 release of Atmosphere?

It’s likely the following release note regarding nogc game card settings:

• Please Note: BCT.ini no longer exists, nogc configuration has been moved to /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini.
    • If you rely on custom nogc configuration, please be sure to update accordingly.

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s a key bit of information my friend. Was wracking my brain for how that could possibly happen. I’m guessing you were on a pre-1.0.0 release of Atmosphere?

It’s likely the following release note regarding nogc game card settings:

• Please Note: BCT.ini no longer exists, nogc configuration has been moved to /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini.
    • If you rely on custom nogc configuration, please be sure to update accordingly.

I went through that the time before this time I updated, but I did end up replacing a bunch of files. What do I need to do to change the nogc configuration for this version?

my config folder is empty for some reason

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through that the time before this time I updated, but I did end up replacing a bunch of files. What do I need to do to change the nogc configuration for this version?

my config folder is empty for some reason

not sure what steps you took that you ended up with nothing in your config folder. No worries. You can copy a fresh /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini file from /atmosphere/config_templates/

Heres what you’ll find inside:

[stratosphere]
; To force-enable nogc, add nogc = 1
; To force-disable nogc, add nogc = 0

Here’s the docs on how it works:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/configurations.md

Edit: you want nogc=0 BTW

Firefox64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working now, I was only supposed to edit one line from the settings.ini but accidentally edited another line because they looked similar. Thank you for the help!

Reactions: binkinator

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what steps you took that you ended up with nothing in your config folder. No worries. You can copy a fresh /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini file from /atmosphere/config_templates/

Heres what you’ll find inside:

[stratosphere]

Here’s the docs on how it works:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/configurations.md

Edit: you want nogc=0 BTW
'
It's been a while, do I add "nogc=0" as a second line or add it after the whole thing?

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just add it to the bottom of the file on its own line and treat the rest as ”documentation for later”

Okay, it can't read any physical cards anymore still.

the text file is exactly this

[stratosphere]
nogc=0

is there anything wrong with this? do I need the spaces shown in the example above?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it can't read any physical cards anymore still.

the text file is exactly this

[stratosphere]
nogc=0

is there anything wrong with this? do I need the spaces shown in the example above?

That’s perfect.

If you are using hekate to boot atmosphere, you need to change it in hekate_ipl.ini as well.

Simply change autonogc=1 to autonogc=0 in the [config] section

if it is missing altogether just add autonogc=0 to [config] section like this (ignore rest of settings…this is just an example)

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
customlogo=0
verification=2
backlight=160
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s perfect.

If you are using hekate to boot atmosphere, you need to change it in hekate_ipl.ini as well.

Simply change autonogc=1 to autonogc=0 in the [config] section

if it is missing altogether just add autonogc=0 to [config] section like this (ignore rest of settings…this is just an example)

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
customlogo=0
verification=2
backlight=160
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0

I am missing the hakate_ipl.ini all together. Is adding just

[config]
autonogc=0

supposed to work(it doesn't) or should there be more on the file?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am missing the hakate_ipl.ini all together. Is adding just

[config]
autonogc=0

supposed to work(it doesn't) or should there be more on the file?

hekate_ipl.ini should be in your /bootloader/ directory.

If you’re missing things you might want to run through a GUIDE to make sure you have everything in its proper place.

(They have some example ini files depending upon your specific setup.)

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate_ipl.ini should be in your /bootloader/ directory.

If you’re missing things you might want to run through a GUIDE to make sure you have everything in its proper place.

(They have some example ini files depending upon your specific setup.)

Okay, I have gotten a new computer within the last few months(since I last updated when BDSP came out), it apparently handles overwriting folder with the same name differently from my old one, so just copy/pasting stuff from the zips made a bunch of folders empty, luckily I kept a backup of what I had previously so by manually putting everything in the right folders everything now works fine and dandy and I successfully copied my physical Legend's Arceus to my hacked Switch so I can trade with myself, which was the original goal before things kept getting more complex.

Herox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Day 1 Switch. It's on the latest firmware. Is it hackable? I don't really care for piracy but I'm sharing my purchased games with my son now and in order to do so my Switch now has to check online every time I want to launch a game. I don't always have wifi when I play my switch so this is frustrating. Would hacking my console be able to fix this? And also is it safe from online bans?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Day 1 Switch. It's on the latest firmware. Is it hackable? I don't really care for piracy but I'm sharing my purchased games with my son now and in order to do so my Switch now has to check online every time I want to launch a game. I don't always have wifi when I play my switch so this is frustrating. Would hacking my console be able to fix this? And also is it safe from online bans?
The main exploit used on Switch consoles is hardware-based not software-based therefore the firmware you are running is irrelevant; what only matters is if its unpatched or not which are only consoles manufactured before approximately June 2018. If your hack your console, you cannot fix the online check that the console performs because that is how Nintendo Accounts work but if you were to install those games with homebrew applications, you can avoid the check. However hacking a console exposes you to the risk of getting banned.

gukingofheart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to learn how to cheat, but my first issue is "how do you load the ram menu" once the game is loaded?
ATM, I can't get to this screen.
If this is the wrong place to ask, link to proper forum section?

gukingofheart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tommaloney one tip I got for you after my experience is.. either don't have a toggle file.. OR if a code corrupts(game crashes), then load the game up without cheats (I haven't tested if holding L works) by moving the text files. The game will say how it has an error, just load it a second time without cheats.. once the game runs, you can add your cheats back in.

dotDucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
******SOLVED SEE EDIT******

Heyo so ill try include as much info as i can to make trouble shooting as easy as possible.

I recently restored my switch to its NAnd backups to i could run a clean version of my switch and an Emu version. This was a few months ago when the pokemon pearl and diamond reworks came out. Set everything up with atmosphere was working perfectly fine no issues at all. Stopped playing for a while and came back to my switch yesterday out of battery no dramas charged her up and plugged in my RCM slider and my injector to inject hekate. Injection seeeeeeems so work fine i get a solid light on my injector and then the hekate boot screen comes up but then when the hekate main menu comes up the screen goes black. Any idea what might be causing this? / any steps i should try take to figure it out? Booting up my switch normally without a payload or injector works absolutely fine.

Cheers Guys & Gals

EDIT: Problem solved, when i charged my injector i charged it from my PC and my guess is at some point when pulled it out the payload.bin got corrupted to moved a fresh payload over and shes working perfectly now.

Last edited by dotDucky,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. I know Ninty has a usb c power supply. Can I use a usb port with a usbc aswell or just the one that offcially came with the switch?

i personally charge my switch with an Ankor charger and standard USB C cable I bought off Amazon. Purists might say you should use only the official charger but I’ve had absolutely zero issues for the past 2 years with mine. You will be 100% fine.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back