Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I get that but where do I get the update-data from if not from sysMMC? Is it downloadable in the same way you can download iOS and PS3/4/5 firmware files on PC somehow?
The latter. If for whatever reason you cannot obtain the firmware files legally, then you will simply have to obtain them illegally. Not to worry as there are outlets that provide dumps of Nintendo Switch firmware files; its just a matter of tracking them down.

masdler1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, you can have AutoRCM enabled before the restoration and it will not cause any issues. If you happen to have enabled AutoRCM before dumping your eMMC, it will remain enabled after the restore. And yes, emuMMC is completely separated from sysMMC in terms of software so you can have completely different firmware versions on both. The order in which you update emuMMC and sysMMC is not particularly important since they both will reach the same end goal.

Okay thanks for the info. One more question: my nand backup from 2018 is just one 30 gb file and my sd card is fat32, should I format it to exfat during the restore and then format back to fat32?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for the info. One more question: my nand backup from 2018 is just one 30 gb file and my sd card is fat32, should I format it to exfat during the restore and then format back to fat32?
If it is just for the purposes of restoring your backup, then formatting your SD card as exFAT is not a bad idea. Remember to backup your important files such as the Nintendo folder, which contains all games installed to the SD card, before the format.

masdler1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it is just for the purposes of restoring your backup, then formatting your SD card as exFAT is not a bad idea. Remember to backup your important files such as the Nintendo folder, which contains all games installed to the SD card, before the format.

I copy pasted my (current) SD card contents to a HDD, I just dont happen to find my previous SD card contents at the time of my first NAND backup before cfw. Is that a problem? Also would it be okay to have only the nand file on my sd card when doing the restore?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copy pasted my (current) SD card contents to a HDD, I just dont happen to find my previous SD card contents at the time of my first NAND backup before cfw. Is that a problem? Also would it be okay to have only the nand file on my sd card when doing the restore?
No no, you do not need the contents of the SD card when you made the backup. I just don't want you to lose your current files when restoring your backup. And while you can technically restore your backup with it being the only file on your SD card, be aware that Hekate reverts to old GUI if you do not have those files on your SD card.

masdler1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No no, you do not need the contents of the SD card when you made the backup. I just don't want you to lose your current files when restoring your backup. And while you can technically restore your backup with it being the only file on your SD card, be aware that Hekate reverts to old GUI if you do not have those files on your SD card.

Okay cool. I was able to restore my nand without problems and am now making emunand. Do I need to backup my NAND again after making the emunand or can I use the first nand I made which I used to restore (before making the emunand)? Like the same nand could be used multiple times for the same console right?

Edit: Also can I delete the nand I backed up with cfw before restoring my first nand? I suppose I dont need it anymore since I will just install the games I had on my previous cfw to the new cfw manually and I already have the game save files from previous cfw.

Last edited by masdler1,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I've a problem with hekate
I updated my switch to the latest firmware (cfw, hekate too)
As always, I want to make a new backup
I backed up everything (BOOT0-1 GPP)
Then I turn off and put my mSDcard on my computer and it told me to formate G: (the mSDcard)
Firstly I believed that I did something wrong so I formate it, and I start again
Same result, what could the problem be ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay cool. I was able to restore my nand without problems and am now making emunand. Do I need to backup my NAND again after making the emunand or can I use the first nand I made which I used to restore (before making the emunand)? Like the same nand could be used multiple times for the same console right?

Edit: Also can I delete the nand I backed up with cfw before restoring my first nand? I suppose I dont need it anymore since I will just install the games I had on my previous cfw to the new cfw manually and I already have the game save files from previous cfw.
You don't have backup your eMMC again but you can if you want. Your first backup is still perfectly usable and can be restored as many times as you want. You can also delete your old clean backup once have properly setup emuMMC.

Hi, I've a problem with hekate
I updated my switch to the latest firmware (cfw, hekate too)
As always, I want to make a new backup
I backed up everything (BOOT0-1 GPP)
Then I turn off and put my mSDcard on my computer and it told me to formate G: (the mSDcard)
Firstly I believed that I did something wrong so I formate it, and I start again
Same result, what could the problem be ?
How is the SD card formatted?

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have backup your eMMC again but you can if you want. Your first backup is still perfectly usable and can be restored as many times as you want. You can also delete your old clean backup once have properly setup emuMMC.

Before and after the "corruption" it was using windows EXFAT (I know about Exfat, but I prefer because I can make a full backup in one big file instead of fat32)

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The latter. If for whatever reason you cannot obtain the firmware files legally, then you will simply have to obtain them illegally. Not to worry as there are outlets that provide dumps of Nintendo Switch firmware files; its just a matter of tracking them down.

I just read that I could dump the firmware-files from my sysMMC without booting sysMMC via TegraExplorer, is that a thing?

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France

My sd card get "corrupted" on my computer but still able to be use with hekate, the "corruption happen while I want to dump Cal 0 info (reboot to sept then in hekate again) and after this, unable to read the sd on my computer :(

edit 1 : With test, while sept boot, it make my sdcard like corrupted
edit 2 : Tried with the same sdcard in fat32, it works, but before I was able to do everything with my ExFat, any idea ?

Last edited by Xyphoseos,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before and after the "corruption" it was using windows EXFAT (I know about Exfat, but I prefer because I can make a full backup in one big file instead of fat32)
Well I believe the issue of not being able to boot is related to using exFAT and you don't need exFAT to boot the console into CFW so you should try formatting the SD card to FAT32.

I just read that I could dump the firmware-files from my sysMMC without booting sysMMC via TegraExplorer, is that a thing?
I suppose it is possible although I don't have any experience using TegraExplorer to dump firmware files.

masdler1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I see, thanks. Now when im using my sysNAND, should I always launch it from Hekate instead of the normal way without entering Hekate when going online with the games I already own?

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I believe the issue of not being able to boot is related to using exFAT and you don't need exFAT to boot the console into CFW so you should try formatting the SD card to FAT32.

I suppose it is possible although I don't have any experience using TegraExplorer to dump firmware files.
Can I restore a nand backup splited ? Or must be rawnand.bin ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What’s better to install XCI or NSP?
Regardless of whatever you install, the end result will always be the same so it does not make a difference which one you install. Both .XCI and .NSP files are actually just made up of .NCA files which are what actually gets installed (you can tell by looking at your Nintendo folder).

I see, thanks. Now when im using my sysNAND, should I always launch it from Hekate instead of the normal way without entering Hekate when going online with the games I already own?
That depends if you care about preserving your fuses or not. There is no advantage to burning fuses as so far, nobody has been banned for having a mismatched fuse count so its widely believed to be safe. The only advantage to burning your fuses is you will be able to boot your console without Hekate because you won't have to worry about fuses.

Can I restore a nand backup splited ? Or must be rawnand.bin ?
Hekate supports restoring split eMMC backups so you do need the rawnand.bin file as one file for restorations.

Reactions: Shadowfox1

Shadowfox1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of whatever you install, the end result will always be the same so it does not make a difference which one you install. Both .XCI and .NSP files are actually just made up of .NCA files which are what actually gets installed (you can tell by looking at your Nintendo folder).

Bro you are awesome, thanks for helping out with these questions. Not sure if I can ask this here, but do you know a good place where I can get switch games. Somewhere that has the base combined with updates & dlc?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro you are awesome, thanks for helping out with these questions. Not sure if I can ask this here, but do you know a good place where I can get switch games. Somewhere that has the base combined with updates & dlc?
That is against the rules of this forum. I cannot even share that information via private message.

masdler1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So now im kinda in an awkward spot. I managed to go from fw 12.0.2 to 5.0.0 with my NAND backup from 2018 and it worked fine. Then I installed the emunand and updated my emunand from 5.0.0 to 12.0.2 with Daybreak without burning fuses. Then I tried going online on my sysNAND to see if im banned and it forced me to update so I did and turns out I was not banned. Then I turned off my switch to go to my emunand but I forgot I didnt have autoRCM on as I was so used to it so I burnt all my fuses.

Now im thinking: could I restore my fw 5.0.0 NAND from 2018 with autoRCM on, then launch sysNAND from hekate and my switch would be 5.0.0. Could I then update it from nintendo's servers to 12.0.2 and then do a NAND backup of that so I wouldnt have to always have to use RCM in the future when restoring this 12.0.2 nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb