Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lower is better but that is ultimately up to you if you want to wait, want to use it or find a chip, alternatively, you could always find a RCM vulnerable console
RCM console are very expensive. So this is not an option. I have almost no problem to stay at a lower firmware, I just feel sorry for the AC updates, I think I cannot update only the game without update the console FW.
Switch scene is a bit strange in this period:
Hackers say that there is no option ever for a fw bug to run homebrew, the only option is to wait for another release of the console, and even with that, there is no news about a software exploit, the hw mod is the only way.
:( I'm really confused.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to be on 11.0.1 firmware to run Monster Hunter Rise and currently I am on 10.0.3 using Atmosphere. So I guess I am going to have to update everything which makes me very sad... (sigh) What is the safest update to go to that works good with Atmosphere and Hekate? Is it safe to update all the way to 11.0.1? I just like to ask before jumping in head first.

Edit: Oh, and is there a link to the latest sig patches for Atmosphere somewhere?

It's been a LONG time since I updated and I only have done it once, I guess I am downloading the new Atmosphere and Hekate package from the Ultimate Noon Guide (https://www.sdsetup.com/)?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to be on 11.0.1 firmware to run Monster Hunter Rise and currently I am on 10.0.3 using Atmosphere. So I guess I am going to have to update everything which makes me very sad... (sigh) What is the safest update to go to that works good with Atmosphere and Hekate? Is it safe to update all the way to 11.0.1? I just like to ask before jumping in head first.

Edit: Oh, and is there a link to the latest sig patches for Atmosphere somewhere?

It's been a LONG time since I updated and I only have done it once, I guess I am downloading the new Atmosphere and Hekate package from the Ultimate Noon Guide (https://www.sdsetup.com/)?
Well 11.0.1 has been around for quite a long time now so its probably safe enough to be on for most people. As for the way to update the firmware, assuming you do not want go online, you can use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak. SDSetup is a great place to find the latest Hekate and Atmosphere as I use it myself personally. As for patches, those can be found here.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between fusee primary and fusee secondary? I notice some sig patch threads say primary or secondary only.
You aren't asking the right question. All fusee_primary does is load fusee_secondary. What you should be asking is the difference between fusee_primary and fss0. Fusee_primary is the default way of launching Atmosphere while fss0 is the method Hekate uses to launch Atmosphere. For the most part, they function the same but there are a few differences. Fss0 is faster to load Atmosphere than fusee_primary and if you use fss0, you can enable/disable nogc from Hekate which is easier to manage than the bct.ini if you were to use fusee_primary. Fss0 also allows you to launch sysMMC and emuMMC simultaneously while fusee_primary can only launch one or the other without external modification. Therefore, fss0 is objectively superior to fusee_primary in almost all ways but one. The only advantage outside of purists who don't want to modify the boot method of Atmosphere is that when Atmosphere is updated, you have to wait for Hekate to be updated to use fss0 which is a non-issue if you use fusee_primary.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got everything updated to 11.0.1 (Atmosphere is the latest version and all CFW is updated).

I am not sure if this is where I should be asking this so correct me if I am posting in the wrong place. The problem I am having is with Monster Hunter Rise, I installed it using Awoo when I was on 10.0.3 firmware and the base game worked fine but I installed the MHR 1.1.1 update (which required 11.0.1 firmware) and the game wouldn't launch because I needed to update the firmware I guess.

So I uninstalled the entire game and updated my firmware and CFW but Awoo Installer is still giving me an error that says that partial game data needs to be uninstalled. I have had the error before and simply went into system settings data management and deleted the fragmented data but this time there is no data fragment to delete...

Eh, not sure what to do at this point. Any advice would be great.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a problem.

I am not new to the switch modding scene and know what I'm doing...so I have a 1tb sd card which was working fine no problems at all.

yesterday my SD card reader in my switch died so I got a new one I've installed it and when I put the SD card in and boot to stock horizon (Official Firmware Latest) it detected the SD card no problem.

however when I boot to AMS latest I get the error saying no SD card detected even though its installed. I have tried another SD card also and still the same but yet official firmware detects that card too.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RCM console are very expensive. So this is not an option. I have almost no problem to stay at a lower firmware, I just feel sorry for the AC updates, I think I cannot update only the game without update the console FW.
Switch scene is a bit strange in this period:
Hackers say that there is no option ever for a fw bug to run homebrew, the only option is to wait for another release of the console, and even with that, there is no news about a software exploit, the hw mod is the only way.
:( I'm really confused.

Technically speaking the switch is a secure console and only through nvidias mistake did we get access like we did (RCM) .

The new units had the RCM bug fixed and to my understanding there are no more hardware flaws that can be exploited (glitch chip not counting)

So the only option left is if they break something via a firmware update but if that happens then they may only ever get homebrew access instead of full cfw.

So for Mariko (red box, new switches)

There are two options, stay at a low firmware and hope something is found.
Two, get a modchip which is very hard to do as apparently no where is selling them now.

As for AC update yes they would need the console to be updated. The best thing I can suggest is look for a RCM or a chip modded console of you want a hacked switch

Hope this makes sense

Reactions: Psygnosis

a2dx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi yall! long story short I updated to 11.0.1 (I know im an idiot) with SXOS and now I cant boot into CFW or OFW...I was hoping if anyone can help. Im done with CFW's and Exploits I just want to revert my switch back to 100% Stock (wipe everything and start fresh) Any thoughts would really help me out! thanks in advance yall!

Side notes

- I Dont have my NAND backups since I started with SXOS.

- Burnt Fuses show (ODM 7/6) in Hekate.

- Can still enter RCM with the SXOS dongle.

- Atmoshpere is not booting at all , No homebrew cant use CHoidojour (black screen after Triangle Icon and Black screen after Nintendo logo for OFW boot)

Im all ears friends!!!! please help.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi yall! long story short I updated to 11.0.1 (I know im an idiot) with SXOS and now I cant boot into CFW or OFW...I was hoping if anyone can help. Im done with CFW's and Exploits I just want to revert my switch back to 100% Stock (wipe everything and start fresh) Any thoughts would really help me out! thanks in advance yall!

Side notes

- I Dont have my NAND backups since I started with SXOS.

- Burnt Fuses show (ODM 7/6) in Hekate.

- Can still enter RCM with the SXOS dongle.

- Atmoshpere is not booting at all , No homebrew cant use CHoidojour (black screen after Triangle Icon and Black screen after Nintendo logo for OFW boot)

Im all ears friends!!!! please help.

1) how did You update?

2) what model switch do you have?

3) what format is your microSD card

a2dx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) how did You update?

2) what model switch do you have?

3) what format is your microSD card

Thanks for the response!..

- I Updated the SX OS to 3.0.1 or 3.0.2...then booted to OFW and updated directly if I recall correctly. (after thinking back I totally just realized the fukuperry i committed)
- the model of my switch is an XAW10008957558 its a V1 if I read ryt. (i think the photos can confirm it)
- My SD is FAT32 I Used GuiFormat tool way back when...and did it again (I tried trouble shooting the reformat SD Card thing)

Ill attach a bunch of photos hope it helps!

(Sorry the photos are a head turner my bad)

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_191943.jpg
    IMG_20210326_191943.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20210326_192628.jpg
    IMG_20210326_192628.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20210326_192638.jpg
    IMG_20210326_192638.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20210326_192652.jpg
    IMG_20210326_192652.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20210326_192708.jpg
    IMG_20210326_192708.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210326_192722 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210326_192722 (1).jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20210326_192722.jpg
    IMG_20210326_192722.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a2dx,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the response!..

- I Updated the SX OS to 3.0.1 or 3.0.2...then booted to OFW and updated directly if I recall correctly. (after thinking back I totally just realized the fukuperry i committed)
- the model of my switch is an XAW10008957558 its a V1 if I read ryt. (i think the photos can confirm it)
- My SD is FAT32 I Used GuiFormat tool way back when...and did it again (I tried trouble shooting the reformat SD Card thing)

Ill attach a bunch of photos hope it helps!

(Sorry the photos are a head turner my bad)

Okay so SXOS doesn't support the latest firmware - if you wish to keep using it I suggest you backup your license file

How were you trying to boot atmopshere?

Can you grab the latest hekate and try booting CFW and send if it crashes and if it does what errors it gives if any?

a2dx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so SXOS doesn't support the latest firmware - if you wish to keep using it I suggest you backup your license file

How were you trying to boot atmopshere?

Can you grab the latest hekate and try booting CFW and send if it crashes and if it does what errors it gives if any?

Noted ill hold onto the SX license (but at this point i just wana stay OFW).

- I tried booting Atmoshpere Via RCM--->TegraRcmURUI--->fusee_Atmoshpere.bin. then is just black screens after the Black and white triangle icon.

- As for Booting CFW with Hekate 5.5.4...i dont have an option to boot into anything picture below (Im pretty sure theres a big step there im missing)

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_200310.jpg
    IMG_20210326_200310.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 147

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Noted ill hold onto the SX license (but at this point i just wana stay OFW).

- I tried booting Atmoshpere Via RCM--->TegraRcmURUI--->fusee_Atmoshpere.bin. then is just black screens after the Black and white triangle icon.

- As for Booting CFW with Hekate 5.5.4...i dont have an option to boot into anything picture below (Im pretty sure theres a big step there im missing)

make sure you have the latest atmopshere release files on your microsd card
Okay on your sd card in the bootloader folder is a hekate.ipl file, add the following code to it

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0
{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
# This disables kernel patching and CFW kips.
# Includes exosphere and warmboot, ONLY when >= 7.0.0 and Erista.
# Includes exosphere on Mariko.
# Exosphere/warmboot are not identifiable as it is now.
# This is the closest to OFW, especially when AutoRCM is needed.
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[Atmo Vanilla]

then try launching via hekate again

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is an EASY way to move files between the SD card and PC? I have used the FTP server thing in the past but its a bit of a headache. Is there a way to do it with just a USB cable?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is an EASY way to move files between the SD card and PC? I have used the FTP server thing in the past but its a bit of a headache. Is there a way to do it with just a USB cable?
An easy way while the switch is running, with CFW, linked with usb cable to pc, is an a homebrew app called "Goldleaf". you can use it like a file browser to copy and paste from pc to sd card...takes a bit of learning but is awesome.
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/release

Last edited by BigOnYa,

a2dx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you have the latest atmopshere release files on your microsd card
Okay on your sd card in the bootloader folder is a hekate.ipl file, add the following code to it

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0
{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
# This disables kernel patching and CFW kips.
# Includes exosphere and warmboot, ONLY when >= 7.0.0 and Erista.
# Includes exosphere on Mariko.
# Exosphere/warmboot are not identifiable as it is now.
# This is the closest to OFW, especially when AutoRCM is needed.
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[Atmo Vanilla]

then try launching via hekate again

Sorry it took a minute for a reply (it was a hard photo to get) Ok got the latest Atmosphere and copied the code in the .ipl file.... After doing the above i had 2 boot options in Hekate one for CFW and OFW ...

-Booted with Atmo then got a black screen after logo.
-Booted with OFW also got a vlack screen after the nintendo logo.

The attached photo is what showed when i booted in CFW.

Side note i really appretiate you sticking around for my issue! (pls dont give up on me LOL)

Maybe I should wipe my SD card and do another eMCC backup ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-211036.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-211036.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a2dx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2