Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, i am 100% ok with being on emunand. Do you know how to switch between multiple towns? i have 3, but when i try to load in one of the others it just shows up like i have no town. Like it loads the island start with the nook kids in the airport. I already have the town completely set up and i've played on it, but i can't seem to get it so i can switch between the towns. Like play on town A, save, backup in JSKV, then i want to play on town B. How do i switch to town B without it thinking i dont have a town?
Unfortunately I do not have any experience when it comes to Animal Crossing. You may have better luck making your own thread or asking in a Discord server that specializes in Animal Crossing Hacking.

Reactions: RikkuSuave

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have made no assumptions with regards to my data. Please do not make false claims otherwise it makes it harder for me to take you seriously. The only assumption that I did make was the reason why everyone is not banned however this assumption does not change the fact that people have already been banned regardless of the reason.
You assume people get flagged and will eventually get banned only for CFW, simply homebrew and playing online while on CFW, when this seems false.

First of all, you didn't even take a glance at the data you just filtered because I literally see 3 people already based on what you just filtered. Secondly, your claim is still baseless and full of bias because not only have you failed to provide any objective evidence to prove such a claim but you have also failed to refute any of my evidence.
I actually looked at it and I've filtered for what we are dicussing, that is CFW+homebrew+online. Everything else doesn't matter at all. These 3 people you see may did something else that is not recommended when simply homebrewing... They are 3 out of 62 (less than 5%).

Lastly, and this quite the most damning concern of mine, is that you so easily dismiss Occam's Razor then insist that people are lying. Even though that is not how any of this works, lets play along shall we? Let us say the people who gave me their data lied. OK? I hope you realize that you are insinuating that ANYONE can be lying. People who haven't been banned with CFW could be lying. People who have been banned for .NSP files can be lying. If you make one assumption, then you open the floodgates for all assumptions. This is why Occam's Razor is so important and why I cannot believe a word that comes out of your mouth because you have no argument. I can say a lot of things like pigs flying but without any evidence, its just words. Unlike you, I have data that reinforces my point. All you have are your beliefs and assumptions about my data with no objective evidence to indicate otherwise. Why should I, someone whose run a banning thread for 3 years now along with a spreadsheet spanning 500 data points, believe the words of a random person such as yourself?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/page-2#post-9077408

https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/page-2#post-9324294 @CrisFTW
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/page-2#post-9324302 @BerserkerOx
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9072887 @igoticecream
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9072902 @Lacius
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9074263 @SENSENuii
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9074829 @kassio69

Stop insisting about NSP installation, I already told you this is different. It doesn't matter if they do or don't get banned by NSP installation for what we are discussing.
When installing NSP you are wrinting data. Booting into CFW and launching a homebrew will not result into writing data, unless the user do it.
They way you analyse data will you get you no further if don't do it step by step.
NSP installation is one step beyond simply homebrewing, and homebrew is one step beyond booting into CFW.
This is basically the same for every console, and what I'm telling you is logic behind it. This is basic.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You assume people get flagged and will eventually get banned only for CFW, simply homebrew and playing online while on CFW, when this seems false.
Nope, I have never stated such a thing.

I actually looked at it and I've filtered for what we are dicussing, that is CFW+homebrew+online. Everything else doesn't matter at all. These 3 people you see may did something else that is not recommended when simply homebrewing... They are 3 out of 62 (less than 5%).
Exactly my point meaning there is a chance but I am not here to discuss statistics because that is arguably difficult to draw from such a small sample size hence why I never mentioned the rates.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/page-2#post-9324294 @CrisFTW
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/page-2#post-9324302 @BerserkerOx
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9072887 @igoticecream
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9072902 @Lacius
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9074263 @SENSENuii
https://gbatemp.net/threads/online-with-atmosphere.566151/#post-9074829 @kassio69

Stop insisting about NSP installation, I already told you this is different. It doesn't matter if they do or don't get banned by NSP installation for what we are discussing.
When installing NSP you are wrinting data. Booting into CFW and launching a homebrew will not result into writing data, unless the user do it.
They way you analyse data will you get you no further if don't do it step by step.
NSP installation is one step beyond simply homebrewing, and homebrew is one step beyond booting into CFW.
This is basically the same for every console, and what I'm telling you is logic behind it. This is basic.
Yet again, you're merely posting words without value. Do you know when you read an article of any kind, there is a list of sources at the end? Well where is the list of sources for that list ReSwitched devised? As far as I know, they have not kept track of bans at least not to the extent that I have so most likely they are banking on people believing them based on their influence which does not fly in the world of science and facts. Not to mention that ReSwitched have been wrong about certain topics before so they are about as infallible as anyone else.

And you are not still getting the logic behind bans. Either that or you refuse to admit that people can be banned with CFW alone which shows that you cannot separate your bias from the evidence. I repeat the question again: if they are so different as you so claim, why do both sets of people get banned then? You cannot claim they are lying without evidence they are lying as dictated by Occam's Razor. As I said before, in the eyes of Nintendo, both are bannable offenses so people can get banned for doing either action.

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring it but rather I'm unsure of the issue or of how to resolve it. At any rate, how did you get Hekate to detect the emuMMC created by SX OS?
Thanks already for your reply.
I created a folder called EmuMMC and than created a file named emummc.ini with the following code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=Emutendo
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

In the emunand section of Hekate it shows as enabled but when booting Atmosphere it seems to be an issue because it seems not to find the hidden partition as it just looks at my SD card.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, I have never stated such a thing.

Well since it says Atmosphere on the top, I assume it is launching Atmosphere which is a CFW and going online after using any CFW/homebrew puts you at risk for getting banned so I would say the answer to your original question is no.
there have been bans for people simply using homebrew. I used to keep a tally of people banned for just homebrew but there were so many that I stopped keeping track.
That may work for you but other people have been banned without piracy or cheating.

Exactly my point meaning there is a chance but I am not here to discuss statistics because that is arguably difficult to draw from such a small sample size hence why I never mentioned the rates.

Of course will be a chance since people are homebrewing(duh), but why tell people they are potencially risking to get banned while on CFW instead of telling them to do it safe? I've seen many people worried about going online while on CFW because of those type of answer, scarring poeple won't lead to nothing for the homebrew scene.

Yet again, you're merely posting words without value. Do you know when you read an article of any kind, there is a list of sources at the end? Well where is the list of sources for that list ReSwitched devised? As far as I know, they have not kept track of bans at least not to the extent that I have so most likely they are banking on people believing them based on their influence which does not fly in the world of science and facts. Not to mention that ReSwitched have been wrong about certain topics before so they are about as infallible as anyone else.

Just words from some users here, basically the same data as you have in your spreadsheet. Again, only CFW+homebrew+online, you have no proof that will eventually ban

And you are not still getting the logic behind bans. Either that or you refuse to admit that people can be banned with CFW alone which shows that you cannot separate your bias from the evidence.
You are the one saying people get banned by using CFW, I haven't seen a single evidence so far.

I repeat the question again: if they are so different as you so claim, why do both sets of people get banned then?
Bad usage.
As I said before, homebrew open many gates, and some people screw things up by modifying not recommended values on their systems. What type of value you may ask, and that is what it need to be discovered. It's not the homebrew it self, it's the changed value.

NSP installation I already explained in the last post. They need to change value in the NAND to be installed, simply by that you are risking a lot more than simply homebrew launching.

Last edited by gutoblauth,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, I never said it. FYI, will and risk have 2 different meanings.

Of course will be a chance since people are homebrewing(duh), but why tell people they are potencially risking to get banned while on CFW instead of telling them to do it safe? I've seen many people worried about going online while on CFW because of those type of answer, scarring poeple won't lead to nothing for the homebrew scene.
Because it is my personal belief that it is better to be safe than sorry. You are free to disagree but I do not want to be the one even partially responsible for getting a young teen's new console getting banned because they didn't receive the full details of the banning situation.

Just words from some users here, basically the same data as you have in your spreadsheet. Again, only CFW+homebrew+online, you have no proof that will eventually ban

You are the one saying people get banned by using CFW, I haven't seen a single evidence so far.
How many times do I have to repeat myself and cite Occam's Razor? Do you even know what Occam's Razor is? In case you don't know, the explanation that requires the least amount of assumptions is the most logical one. Assuming the people in my sheet are lying is an assumption because we shouldn't be accusing people of lying. Therefore, unless there is objective evidence that they are lying, this data is objective even if it goes against you or my personal beliefs.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Greetings.

I bought a hacked Switch in 2019 which was with the 9.0.0 firmware at the time and until now I never felt the need to update, but I want to play some recent games and I want to update to the latest firmware.

I'm admittedly quite lost about switch piracy (apart from installing games on the console), so can anyone tell me the simplest and safest way to update to the latest firmware?

I also have a RCM Loader which came with the Switch which I use to boot to Hekate, so do I need to update something on it as well?

My SD card is formatted to Fat 32 and my Switch is unpatched.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How many times do I have to repeat myself and cite Occam's Razor? Do you even know what Occam's Razor is? In case you don't know, the explanation that requires the least amount of assumptions is the most logical one. Assuming the people in my sheet are lying is an assumption because we shouldn't be accusing people of lying. Therefore, unless there is objective evidence that they are lying, this data is objective even if it goes against you or my personal beliefs.

You don't need to repeat those things, from the beggining my question is the same, and I even used your data to conclude the same I keep saying over and over.

just by filtering the Clean NAND and eShop-CFW columns:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1maQsABJWpVl-Bj6FbFKDr0h2K2LfnOu3mq8lWF8Qq7w/
Looks like you don't know how to analyse your own data.

As I said before, seems that just by booting into CFW and going online will hardly to lead a ban, and the same applies for simply homebrew, since using homebrew doens't mean it will write data in your sysNAND.
I think the people you said who got banned by using homebrew made something wrong, they probably wrote some data into their sysNAND by using homebrew.
CFW give people power, and people screw it by doing things they don't know they are doing or the potential risk involved. Even you seems to not understand it.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gutoblauth
"I think the people you said who got banned by using homebrew made something wrong, they probably wrote some data into their sysNAND by using homebrew."

Do you even realize what kind of tightrope you're walking on by insinuating that all the hearsay we've used to rationalize these bans has been fabricated? You're asking for proof when all of these justifications are being made with evidence. Evidence is not synonymous with proof. And even if we entertain this possibility, newsflash: we'd need some form of evidence to substantiate that claim! But if it's "proof" you're really after, you'd have to dive so far into people's personal lives and their usage statistics that it's an invasion of privacy at best. People don't ask for that because it's just fucking stupid and unnecessary! And considering you're making a claim about an absolute, the burden of proof is on you and not the people you keep ragging on. If you're so convinced that people are faking their data, why not look for some evidence of that being the case, especially for the majority of speakers? Oh wait, there is none and it's not even fucking relevant because your whole argument is based around the possibility that people inserted false data! But even putting that aside, how mendacious do you have to find others to consider that even so much as one person falsified data on a sheet for what is probably one of the most frustrating things a console owner can deal with? What exactly do you feel they stand to gain?

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to repeat those things, from the beggining my question is the same, and I even used your data to conclude the same I keep saying over and over

As I said before, seems that just by booting into CFW and going online will hardly to lead a ban, and the same applies for simply homebrew, since using homebrew doens't mean it will write data in your sysNAND.
I think the people you said who got banned by using homebrew made something wrong, they probably wrote some data into their sysNAND by using homebrew.
CFW give people power, and people screw it by doing things they don't know they are doing or the potential risk involved. Even you seems to not understand it.
Exactly and since you are even using the term "hardly" now, that implies you admit there is a chance you will get banned for using CFW which is the crux of my point. If you agree, then there is no debate. Again though, you truly fail to understand the consequences of saying people are lying. If the people who submitted my sheet are lying, then everyone is equally liable for lying including yourself. I do not have to believe a word of what you say, what anyone said in that thread you just haphazardly quoted, as well as what ReSwitched claims. In that extreme scenario you are proposing, everyone is lying and therefore this entire argument is moot because both sides will simply accuse the other of lying which will get nowhere. This is why time and time again I cite Occam's Razor because it requires less assumptions to assume they are telling the truth rather than lying unless you are implying we are living in a world of lies.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@gutoblauth
"I think the people you said who got banned by using homebrew made something wrong, they probably wrote some data into their sysNAND by using homebrew."

Do you even realize what kind of tightrope you're walking on by insinuating that all the hearsay we've used to rationalize these bans has been fabricated? You're asking for proof when all of these justifications are being made with evidence. Evidence is not synonymous with proof. And even if we entertain this possibility, newsflash: we'd need some form of evidence to substantiate that claim! But if it's "proof" you're really after, you'd have to dive so far into people's personal lives and their usage statistics that it's an invasion of privacy at best. People don't ask for that because it's just fucking stupid and unnecessary! And considering you're making a claim about an absolute, the burden of proof is on you and not the people you keep ragging on. If you're so convinced that people are faking their data, why not look for some evidence of that being the case, especially for the majority of speakers? Oh wait, there is none and it's not even fucking relevant because your whole argument is based around the possibility that people inserted false data! But even putting that aside, how mendacious do you have to find others to consider that even so much as one person falsified data on a sheet for what is probably one of the most frustrating things a console owner can deal with? What exactly do you feel they stand to gain?

:wtf:
WT.. you talking about? I'm the one here saying that people around all the internet and even some posts in this forum that going online while on CFW hardly will get you banned. @Draxzelex is the one looking for any sort or proof or evidence.
I've never said nothing about the possibility of false data on his spreadsheet, I even used his data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Exactly and since you are even using the term "hardly" now, that implies you admit there is a chance you will get banned for using CFW which is the crux of my point. If you agree, then there is no debate.
There is in fact a risk, but none say it's relatively safe. How many in fact you (and any other that says the same) know if someone got banned only by using atmos the cleanest way as possible and going online?
The way people spread information here about using CFW and playing online is like you gonna be banned someday, that its trackable and these stuff, but I seen few that uses atmos that go online and nothing...

Since the beginning, pal

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks already for your reply.
I created a folder called EmuMMC and than created a file named emummc.ini with the following code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=Emutendo
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

In the emunand section of Hekate it shows as enabled but when booting Atmosphere it seems to be an issue because it seems not to find the hidden partition as it just looks at my SD card.
I don't know where you got the information to do that but the method I used simply involved the "Migrate emuMMC" option in Hekate.

Greetings.

I bought a hacked Switch in 2019 which was with the 9.0.0 firmware at the time and until now I never felt the need to update, but I want to play some recent games and I want to update to the latest firmware.

I'm admittedly quite lost about switch piracy (apart from installing games on the console), so can anyone tell me the simplest and safest way to update to the latest firmware?

I also have a RCM Loader which came with the Switch which I use to boot to Hekate, so do I need to update something on it as well?

My SD card is formatted to Fat 32 and my Switch is unpatched.
You can use a homebrew application such as ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak to update your firmware. Remember to update your CFW files before updating your firmware or else you will not be able to boot CFW which will result in a black screen until you update those files.
:wtf:
WT.. you talking about? I'm the one here saying that people around all the internet and even some posts in this forum that going online while on CFW hardly will get you banned. @Draxzelex is the one looking for any sort or proof or evidence.
I've never said nothing about the possibility of false data on his spreadsheet, I even used his data.l
That is still false as I am not actively looking for evidence or proof especially when I'm in the one in possession of it on my spreadsheet. What you have a misconception is of me asking for evidence that my claims are false but I don't really need that because practically it is impossible to prove the data I have collected is false. You also very clearly said something about the possibility of false data on my spreadsheet when you insist that the users who were banned for only using CFW did something else.
If this isn't you calling my data false, then you don't understand the ramifications of this statement.

Furthermore, allow me to clarify the difference between the words "can" and "will". "Can" simply means there is a chance between 0 and 99 % of something happening whereas "will" means there is a 100% chance happening. Therefore they are not the same and I have never once stated that CFW alone will cause a ban as you also falsely insinuated earlier.

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@Draxzelex Do I need to update any files in the RCM Loader? And apart from Hakate and Atmosphere, do I need to update anything else? I have something called Kosmos which afaik isn't updated anymore.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex Do I need to update any files in the RCM Loader? And apart from Hakate and Atmosphere, do I need to update anything else? I have something called Kosmos which afaik isn't updated anymore.
Unfortunately I am not terribly familiar with the RCM Loader so I would recommend consulting the guide for your RCM Loader for detailed instructions on what to do. KOSMOS is not a CFW but a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere so technically by updating Hekate and Atmosphere, you are indirectly updating KOSMOS.

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Unfortunately I am not terribly familiar with the RCM Loader so I would recommend consulting the guide for your RCM Loader for detailed instructions on what to do. KOSMOS is not a CFW but a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere so technically by updating Hekate and Atmosphere, you are indirectly updating KOSMOS.

I see. Thanks for the info! I'll try updating it tomorrow and will write again if there are any problems.

Reactions: Draxzelex

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If this isn't you calling my data false, then you don't understand the ramifications of this statement.

Furthermore, allow me to clarify the difference between the words "can" and "will". "Can" simply means there is a chance between 0 and 99 % of something happening whereas "will" means there is a 100% chance happening. Therefore they are not the same and I have never once stated that CFW alone will cause a ban as you also falsely insinuated earlier.
Yep, my bad then. Since we're on a hacking forum, and saying that something can lead to ban for sure won't make people believe they are doomed if they do it...

About the "false data" I meant the people who said to you that simply homebrew had banned them. Never referred to your spreadsheet or the data inside of it.
while you may not believe it, there have been bans for people simply using homebrew. I used to keep a tally of people banned for just homebrew but there were so many that I stopped keeping track.
Sure homebrew can leads to ban, but some are safe and if you keep on those, then that means simply homebrew won't hurt you.
It’s not homebrewing, it’s some of the homebrews. You will hardly get banned simply by homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: