Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

maxcxa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,
I'm fairly new the the scene but have been doing a lot of research. My switch is hackable and is currently on 9.0.1. I have a couple of questions re updating which I hope you can help with:

1) If I go ahead and run SXOS, create an EmuNAND, and then update the EmuNAND with ChoiDuJour to a higher firmware, would it be okay to leave the sysNAND at 9.0.1?

2) Can I update the sysNAND to 10.0.2 now through Nintendo i.e. before hacking the console, then create an EmuNAND which will of course be 10.0.2, and then downgrade the EmuNAND to something lower? Is downgrading as simple as upgrading? Is it okay to have the sysNAND higher than the EmuNAND? I hear there are issues with 10.x.x firmware so trying to steer as clear as I can seeing as I'm no pro at this.

I think ideally I would like to be on 9.2 for EmuNAND for the stable release and to avoid issues people are having with 10.x.x.

Thanks!

Last edited by maxcxa,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey there,
I'm fairly new the the scene but have been doing a lot of research. My switch is hackable and is currently on 9.0.1. I have a couple of questions re updating which I hope you can help with:

1) If I go ahead and run SXOS, create an EmuNAND, and then update the EmuNAND with ChoiDuJour to a higher firmware, would it be okay to leave the sysNAND at 9.0.1?

2) Can I update the sysNAND to 10.0.2 now through Nintendo i.e. before hacking the console, then create an EmuNAND which will of course be 10.0.2, and then downgrade the EmuNAND to something lower? Is downgrading as simple as upgrading? Is it okay to have the sysNAND higher than the EmuNAND? I hear there are issues with 10.x.x firmware so trying to steer as clear as I can seeing as I'm no pro at this.

Thanks!
1)If your switch is unpatched, there's no reason to stay on lower FW. But yeah... You can leave your sysnand at 9.0.1 and update emuNAND to whatever FW you want. It's just...why? If you are going to use emuNAND, then you will most likely use sysNAND OFW for all official stuff and for that it needs to be on the latest FW anyway.

2)I don't use emuNAND myself...But again, there's no point in downgrading, esp emuNAND. Even if you read somewhere that there are issues with 10.x.x CFW (i haven't experienced any), they will be fixed soon, its just a matter of time getting the newest FW to be fully supported by CFW.

If you have an unpatched unit, you shouldn't be concerned about downgrading at all (i suppose your fuses are burnt anyway). Just update to the latest OFW, then create backup, make emuNAND and you are good to go.

Last edited by bad361,

maxcxa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1)If your switch is unpatched, there's no reason to stay on lower FW. But yeah... You can leave your sysnand at 9.0.1 and update emuNAND to whatever FW you want. It's just...why? If you are going to use emuNAND, then you will most likely use sysNAND OFW for all official stuff and for that it needs to be on the latest FW anyway.

2)I don't use emuNAND myself...But again, there's no point in downgrading, esp emuNAND. Even if you read somewhere that there are issues with 10.x.x CFW (i haven't experienced any), they will be fixed soon, its just a matter of time getting the newest FW to be fully supported by CFW.

If you have an unpatched unit, you shouldn't be concerned about downgrading at all (i suppose your fuses are burnt anyway). Just update to the latest OFW, then create backup, make emuNAND and you are good to go.

Okay brilliant. Will go with your suggestion.Thanks very much for the speedy reply.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Okay brilliant. Will go with your suggestion.Thanks very much for the speedy reply.
Also make sure to use atmosphere's blanking prodinfo feature or incognito since you don't want to be seen by nintendo servers at all to avoid ban, even when using emuNAND (or you could just stay perma offline when using CFW).

Last edited by bad361,

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Disregard, got it working by myself!

Having a pretty bad issue after migrating from exfat to fat32. I know, should have done this earlier..
Edit: what I tried before is in this spoiler, but now I'm trying to clone my old SD card instead. I can still re-do the method described here if I was close, but I feel like I messed up when I didn't back-up the "private" files in the nintendo/contents folder.

I made a backup of my CFW SD card (minus the nintendo folder because I already have a backup nintendo folder full of my legit games, on my original exfat SD card, also had CFW installed).

Formatted using the fat32format gui tool, then copied the SD backup back onto the now fat32 SD card. Then copied the nintendo folder from my previous backup. None of the files were more than 4GB so it seemed like it worked..

The Problem: None of the games work. "Unable to start software". Including the legit digital games, PLUS my physical copy of DxM (the title I use for launching homebrew). Other physical games work fine though. Same error when trying to launch through OFW.

Already tried updating the sig-patches, but I was already up to date. The main issue is all the digital games I can't re-download from N, since I'm banned.

I did try installing an nsp backup and it only works when launching Atmos with fusee-primary, physical DxM still didn't work though. Didn't work after going through Hekate. Hoping it's just some file I forgot, but worried I'm gonna have to lose all those games I didn't back up. All the homebrew games still work, at least! Just have to use a different physical game.

Just tested that old/backup SD card and the legit games do work off that, including DxM thankfully. Even after launching thru Hekate. Maybe I can just clone that old cfw SD like I did when moving between the 2 exFat's. Trying this now.

Edit: Got it working! Copy/paste to the fat32 card worked! Had to update Atmos from SD setup and now I can launch DxM and other legit games again. Not sure what I messed up the first time but it's working now :D

Last edited by TheCasualties,

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen some say that the official snes emulator and its hacks can work offline on CFW.
However, in my experience this is not true unless you have an actual linked nintendo account likely with an active online subscription.
I asked an author of one of the hacked versions and they told me to just boot to ofw and yeah.
Well, I can't really do that with how my switch is setup, nor do I have a subscription.
Is there any way to get this thing to work?
The only account on there is what kefir puts on it and when trying to load the app, it forces you to connect to a wifi network and then tells you your user is not authorized.
Please tell me there is some kind of bypass?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen some say that the official snes emulator and its hacks can work offline on CFW.
However, in my experience this is not true unless you have an actual linked nintendo account likely with an active online subscription.
I asked an author of one of the hacked versions and they told me to just boot to ofw and yeah.
Well, I can't really do that with how my switch is setup, nor do I have a subscription.
Is there any way to get this thing to work?
The only account on there is what kefir puts on it and when trying to load the app, it forces you to connect to a wifi network and then tells you your user is not authorized.
Please tell me there is some kind of bypass?
Well have you at least tried linking a Nintendo Account online? That much should work without the subscription.

Could you elaborate Drax? What bricks you reckon you could recovery
Hardware bricks. I guess it also depends on how you would be able to boot some of the brick recovery tools all of which are only available as payloads. There are also some irrecoverable software bricks such as consoles without PRODINFO due to PozzNX or Pikabricker.

Lukeeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, i have 4 noob questions, tried to find info online but it gets confusing for me, hacking 3ds was easy for me, all info was clear here it's just too much.

1. I have an old Switch FW v 4.1.0 with a serial number that ismyswitchpatched website says that it's not patched, im going to do the RCM fusee-gelee and then going to use atmospher cfw, and i'm wondering before i do any jail-braking should i update my system firmware? From what i've read fusee-gelee method on a non-patched switch will work regardless of FW version, or should i stay at 4.1.0 and do emu nand?

2. I've bought a new micro sd card for my switch 256gb and got the error that to use it i need to update my switch, i've formated it to fat32 but the 4gb file size it's a big downside for me, and i'm worrying about making the nand backup with this card because of that would prefere to use ex-fat format and do not have to worry about file sizes.

3. I understand that if i make all the backups before any CFW ect. i can always use the hekate to load my nand backup and escape some brick scenarios?

4. I've stumbled upon some posts about brickware on switch is that a common issue? Are there many malicious code apps? Is there any way to check files other than downloading from secure sources?

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2. I've bought a new micro sd card for my switch 256gb and got the error that to use it i need to update my switch, i've formated it to fat32 but the 4gb file size it's a big downside for me, and i'm worrying about making the nand backup with this card because of that would prefere to use ex-fat format and do not have to worry about file sizes.

I'm going to suggest using Fat32. I was using exFat for about 2 weeks, installing NSP's and had several of the games corrupt. Then you have to reinstall them. Nothing else should require a single file over 4GB in size. And if something does, you can use a splitter tool. It'll be fine to dump your NAND onto Fat32, it'll just break it up into chunks.

Easiest for me (another switch hax noob) it to use Awoo installer and NS-usbloader to install over USB. It accepts NSP, XCI, NSZ, etc.

Can't really help with the rest as I'm also pretty new. Gotta agree 3ds was easier to learn, but we'll figure it out after a while.

Edit: I did try a 2nd exFat SD card, after about 3 days one of the NSP's was corrupt again. So it wasn't just a failing card.

Last edited by TheCasualties,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I do that without booting to ofw which I can't really do?
Why can't you boot OFW?

Hi, i have 4 noob questions, tried to find info online but it gets confusing for me, hacking 3ds was easy for me, all info was clear here it's just too much.

1. I have an old Switch FW v 4.1.0 with a serial number that ismyswitchpatched website says that it's not patched, im going to do the RCM fusee-gelee and then going to use atmospher cfw, and i'm wondering before i do any jail-braking should i update my system firmware? From what i've read fusee-gelee method on a non-patched switch will work regardless of FW version, or should i stay at 4.1.0 and do emu nand?

3. I understand that if i make all the backups before any CFW ect. i can always use the hekate to load my nand backup and escape some brick scenarios?

4. I've stumbled upon some posts about brickware on switch is that a common issue? Are there many malicious code apps? Is there any way to check files other than downloading from secure sources?
  1. The console not being patched refers to the exploit because it is a hardware exploit that can only be patched at the factory before it is manufactured. No firmware update can remove the exploit. Don't use the term "jailbreak" either
  2. NAND dumps are split into <4 GB chunks if the SD card is FAT32 or if there isn't enough space for the entire unsplit dump
  3. When you make the NAND backup doesn't make it any better for resolving a brick. Just have one around at all times and preferably stored in multiple places
  4. Brick code is rare. If not careful, certain homebrew applications can brick you. But 99% of bricks can be recovered from with a NAND backup
How do you delete kosmos?
Kosmos is just a package of Atmosphere and homebrew. Anyway why would you want to delete it?

Reactions: 2tailedfox

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you boot OFW?

Well, I've had this one for a long while. It started on 5.x OFW.
I have ChoidujorNXed it up to 9.x thus far.
I may have done an actual full ofw update at one point in between, not sure, but I doubt it.
I also think that it wanted to update the game card twice and the first time I did but not the 2nd.
So right now the reader doesn't even work, which is really annoying.

It is in a weird place right now, and I don't even know how I would revert it back to ofw, or at least an ofw with game card reader firmware and fuses that match what Nintendo would expect in order to actually log in and not get banned.
My nintendo ID thing has digital currency on it and I really wouldn't want it to be banned and such, and want it to still work on my wiiu and other switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've had this one for a long while. It started on 5.x OFW.
I have ChoidujorNXed it up to 9.x thus far.
I may have done an actual full ofw update at one point in between, not sure, but I doubt it.
I also think that it wanted to update the game card twice and the first time I did but not the 2nd.
So right now the reader doesn't even work, which is really annoying.

It is in a weird place right now, and I don't even know how I would revert it back to ofw, or at least an ofw with game card reader firmware and fuses that match what Nintendo would expect in order to actually log in and not get banned.
My nintendo ID thing has digital currency on it and I really wouldn't want it to be banned and such, and want it to still work on my wiiu and other switch.
If you a clean NAND backup that was made before running CFW or homebrew, you can just restore that and you will be fine once you update the firmware to the latest. And Nintendo very, very rarely bans accounts.

Reactions: 2tailedfox

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you a clean NAND backup that was made before running CFW or homebrew, you can just restore that and you will be fine once you update the firmware to the latest. And Nintendo very, very rarely bans accounts.

Wouldn't updating after the fact blow the fuses? And if you meant using choidujornx, then does Nintendo not check fuses when you log in and stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol