Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yo my dudes!
I successfully switched to Atmosphere and currently am on the 7.0 or whatever is the latest. Everything seems to be going great, except I cannot make Gold leaf/Gold tree. When I run gold tree after choosing USB launcher from Gold leaf, it wont detect my switch. I tried restarting the pc, switch and both gold apps but no success. I have installed libusbK (v3.0.7.0) using Zadig.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo my dudes!
I successfully switched to Atmosphere and currently am on the 7.0 or whatever is the latest. Everything seems to be going great, except I cannot make Gold leaf/Gold tree. When I run gold tree after choosing USB launcher from Gold leaf, it wont detect my switch. I tried restarting the pc, switch and both gold apps but no success. I have installed libusbK (v3.0.7.0) using Zadig.
Typical buggy Goldleaf. Try another title installer like Adubbz Tinfoil. If you want to install via USB with Tinfoil, you can use stuff like Aluminum Foil or Fluffy. Both have links not only to the respective program on your computer but also a recommended build of Tinfoil.

Reactions: aiat_gamer

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Blue screens are usually due to a mismatch between boot0/boot1 and the firmware. Line them up again with ChoiDujour.

I'm starting to believe that my issue may be even more basic than a boot0/1 / FW mismatch. If I understand correctly, the ChoiDujour method involves creating new images and loading them into flash with the use of memloader. This would not be using the BCT at all, correct?

I can run memloaderv3 through RCM, and I get the list of ini files that I have put on my uSD card, so at least the uSD has been confirmed working. When I try to select any of the ini files, it fails with:

Code:
lzma: Decoding error = 1

So, now I'm looking at the memloader source to see what it's trying to decompress. It looks like it's MTC tables, so I believe that means that SDRAM hasn't even been initialized yet. It also looks like the MTC tables are provided by a header file and built into memloader. How would that fail decompression unless part of memloader got corrupted during the USB transfer?

I may also be getting out of NOOB territory with this stuff, so here's a NOOB question. Does memloader depend on anything in flash?

Thanks

Jeremy R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Day.
I use sx os pro. My switch was on firmware version 5.0
I set up EMUNAND using Sx os and upgraded the Emunand on the sd card to 6.2.0.

My switch is in AUTO RCM.
Now when I try to launch the payload to start my switch, the Sx Os screen pops on, then black screen. Tried holding power 30 secs, power + volume up 30 secs,

attached jig, and repeated. with jig - no sx os popping up.

Please help is there any way to fix this?

SHould I format my micro sd card?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to believe that my issue may be even more basic than a boot0/1 / FW mismatch. If I understand correctly, the ChoiDujour method involves creating new images and loading them into flash with the use of memloader. This would not be using the BCT at all, correct?

I can run memloaderv3 through RCM, and I get the list of ini files that I have put on my uSD card, so at least the uSD has been confirmed working. When I try to select any of the ini files, it fails with:

Code:
lzma: Decoding error = 1

So, now I'm looking at the memloader source to see what it's trying to decompress. It looks like it's MTC tables, so I believe that means that SDRAM hasn't even been initialized yet. It also looks like the MTC tables are provided by a header file and built into memloader. How would that fail decompression unless part of memloader got corrupted during the USB transfer?

I may also be getting out of NOOB territory with this stuff, so here's a NOOB question. Does memloader depend on anything in flash?

Thanks
That question is outside of my pay grade.

Good Day.
I use sx os pro. My switch was on firmware version 5.0
I set up EMUNAND using Sx os and upgraded the Emunand on the sd card to 6.2.0.

My switch is in AUTO RCM.
Now when I try to launch the payload to start my switch, the Sx Os screen pops on, then black screen. Tried holding power 30 secs, power + volume up 30 secs,

attached jig, and repeated. with jig - no sx os popping up.

Please help is there any way to fix this?

SHould I format my micro sd card?
What version of SX OS are you using?

I'm new to the switch scene and currently have a launch edition on 4.0.1 and was wondering what I can do with it.
You can pretty much do anything current CFW can do such as launch backups, mod games, play homebrew, etc. There are 3 available CFW to pick from each with their own quirks and advantages but none reign supreme in my opinion although one of them costs money which is SX OS. My personal recommendation is ReiNX but Atmosphere is a close second.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://guide.sdsetup.com/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.rocks/

Jeremy R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I made some progress, based on your comment, i tried upzipping the latest boot.dat sx os version 2.5.3 onto the sd card.

so after doing that, the switch is powering on agn.

the system version says 6.2.0, I checked its booted in EMUNAND.

now the new problem. It says now that a system update is required to use the Micro SD card.

I cant access the folder "album", nor can I open any Roms.

PLEASE HELP.
Thanks again for your input earlier.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I made some progress, based on your comment, i tried upzipping the latest boot.dat sx os version 2.5.3 onto the sd card.

so after doing that, the switch is powering on agn.

the system version says 6.2.0, I checked its booted in EMUNAND.

now the new problem. It says now that a system update is required to use the Micro SD card.

I cant access the folder "album", nor can I open any Roms.

PLEASE HELP.
Thanks again for your input earlier.
Format the SD card to FAT32.

Drobbo84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a simple way to convert xci to nsp or is it quicker to just download them in nsp format.

Something I've noticed from copying files to the sd card, tinfoil or aluminium foil was crashing when trying to usb them over and it was through luck, whilst trying to get fluffy working that i replaced tinfoil with a recommended version that worked on my5.1.0. It would be great if we could include notes which say what versions of apps worked with cfw ect

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a simple way to convert xci to nsp or is it quicker to just download them in nsp format.

Something I've noticed from copying files to the sd card, tinfoil or aluminium foil was crashing when trying to usb them over and it was through luck, whilst trying to get fluffy working that i replaced tinfoil with a recommended version that worked on my5.1.0. It would be great if we could include notes which say what versions of apps worked with cfw ect

if you need to use a program to convert I recommend 4nxci but getting them as nsp is fine

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i take everything from my 128GB sd card , put it somewhere , format from exfat to fat32 , can i just put all the previously installed game from nsp on it, by drag and drop from the backup or are there any files too big (since fat32 require nsp splitting/usb to install ) or any other reason i should know as why it wouldnt work before i try . latest atmosphere and update if that change something .

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if i take everything from my 128GB sd card , put it somewhere , format from exfat to fat32 , can i just put all the previously installed game from nsp on it, by drag and drop from the backup or are there any files too big (since fat32 require nsp splitting/usb to install ) or any other reason i should know as why it wouldnt work before i try . latest atmosphere and update if that change something .
You can copy paste in fat 32 if all the files are under 4gb, that's the max fat32 will let you

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can copy paste in fat 32 if all the files are under 4gb, that's the max fat32 will let you

i know that , that why im asking if by installing normally , from an nsp , does it install files bigger than 4gb inside the nsp since it isnt split or anything , or if already installed stuff on exfat wont go over 4GB , if i explain it wrong than any way to scan for file lager than 4gb , i dont feel like reinstalling all my games .

Last edited by 1NOOB,

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
That question is outside of my pay grade.

Thanks for helping anyway. I did manage to get it working by opening the Switch, removing the EMI can over the CPU and RAM, and pressing on the ICs a bit. It's only temporary, though, as any little bump and it locks up. My nephew is going to be really disappointed that his Switch is toast. On the bright side, I can use it to learn the tools as long as I am very gentle with it.

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok so.... I was almost certain to update to 7.0.1, using choidujurnx bla,bla,bla... And think...
if maybe is a way in the future still be able to play newest releases staying in this firmware...I'm never going to go online, just offline so wondering if any god out here knows or think it may be a possibility???

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so.... I was almost certain to update to 7.0.1, using choidujurnx bla,bla,bla... And think...
if maybe is a way in the future still be able to play newest releases staying in this firmware...I'm never going to go online, just offline so wondering if any god out here knows or think it may be a possibility???
I know Lacius already explained all of the different firmware requirements including the one that cannot be bypassed which is the software development kid used to develop that particular title.

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know Lacius already explained all of the different firmware requirements including the one that cannot be bypassed which is the software development kid used to develop that particular title.
Dang it.....stop using the new kits goddamn developers lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo