Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey I recently made EmuNAND (SD files)
Can I back up the EmuNAND. Delete the Files? Restore my SysNAND to the Clean state it was?
Then Copy my EmuNAND files back to my SD card.
So I basically have a clean running SysNAND and my EmuNAND is still there.
I have a 64gb sd card (Do not have any extras on me)
And Its gonna take up the full Space. That is why.

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I just got a 5.1 switch, I made all the needed backups and now I want to hack it.
I don't care too much about online so I will go with nsp files.
Should I install the 6.2 fw keeping the fuses or better to stay on 5.1?
Also if/when a deja vu cold boot will be released will I be able to downgrade to 4.x to use it since that on 5.x seems to be patched?

skykid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for an answer to this for a while: I hacked my new Switch out the box without setting up a Nintendo ID first.

Now, when using zerotwoxci to install XCi files I always get corrupt data errors when I start the game. I’m on 0.8.3, hekate, Atmosphere.

Someone suggested that this might be due to having no Nintendo ID.

If so, is there any safe way to set up a Nintendo ID without getting banned?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Last edited by skykid,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I just got a 5.1 switch, I made all the needed backups and now I want to hack it.
I don't care too much about online so I will go with nsp files.
Should I install the 6.2 fw keeping the fuses or better to stay on 5.1?
Also if/when a deja vu cold boot will be released will I be able to downgrade to 4.x to use it since that on 5.x seems to be patched?
If your console came with 5.1, there is no purpose in downgrading to 4.X because your fuses were most likely already burnt. Fuses are designed to prevent downgrading. Now the current exploit, Fusee Gelee, bypasses the fuse check but that means you would need to use Fusee Gelee to load firmware 4.X in order to take advantage of Deja Vu. In other words, you need to use an exploit to take advantage of another exploit. The only way to update to firmware 6.2 is with a homebrew application which automatically enables AutoRCM to preserve your fuses. Its name is ChoiDujourNX.

Looking for an answer to this for a while: I hacked my new Switch out the box without setting up a Nintendo ID first.

Now, when using zerotwoxci to install XCi files I always get corrupt data errors when I start the game. I’m on 0.8.3, hekate, Atmosphere.

Someone suggested that this might be due to having no Nintendo ID.

If so, is there any safe way to set up a Nintendo ID without getting banned?

Can anyone shed some light on this?
ZeroTwoXCI only works with ReiNX.

Reactions: skykid

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
If your console came with 5.1, there is no purpose in downgrading to 4.X because your fuses were most likely already burnt. Fuses are designed to prevent downgrading. Now the current exploit, Fusee Gelee, bypasses the fuse check but that means you would need to use Fusee Gelee to load firmware 4.X in order to take advantage of Deja Vu. In other words, you need to use an exploit to take advantage of another exploit. The only way to update to firmware 6.2 is with a homebrew application which automatically enables AutoRCM to preserve your fuses. Its name is ChoiDujourNX.

Should I set up a nnid before updating and installing nsp files?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I set up a nnid before updating and installing nsp files?
Its not required but certain games won't launch without a connected account like Pianista. I don't know the full list of games nor a resource that identifies which games require an account but in order to link an account to your system, your firmware needs to be 7.0 which no CFW currently support. In other words, if you must link a Nintendo Account to your Switch, do it after CFW supports firmware 7.0.

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
If I want to run a CFW and be able to go online whilst avoiding a ban, shall I install 7.0, disable 90DNS, burn fuses and install NSPs?

skykid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That would explain it lol XD

Ok so as it stands I don't really need a Nintendo ID for anything? The way I figured it was that in the event of a ban the NID would be banned cross console, including future devices or other Switch machines, so I decided to ignore the step so there's nothing to ban.

Would you say this is sensible practice for the time being?

Appreciate the help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to run a CFW and be able to go online whilst avoiding a ban, shall I install 7.0, disable 90DNS, burn fuses and install NSPs?
If you mean update SysNAND to 7.0 and install .NSP files in EmuNAND, then yes.
That would explain it lol XD

Ok so as it stands I don't really need a Nintendo ID for anything? The way I figured it was that in the event of a ban the NID would be banned cross console, including future devices or other Switch machines, so I decided to ignore the step so there's nothing to ban.

Would you say this is sensible practice for the time being?

Appreciate the help.
If you read a little up above, certain titles will not launch without a linked Nintendo Account such as the NES app or Pianista. I don't know how many games actually require an account nor any resource that lists games which do require an account but they are definitely in the minority. You also cannot link a Nintendo Account without updating to firmware 7.0 which breaks all CFW for the time being (at least until CFW gets updated to work with 7.0) so for the time being, you will be fine without linking an account.

Reactions: skykid

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not required but certain games won't launch without a connected account like Pianista. I don't know the full list of games nor a resource that identifies which games require an account but in order to link an account to your system, your firmware needs to be 7.0 which no CFW currently support. In other words, if you must link a Nintendo Account to your Switch, do it after CFW supports firmware 7.0.
If you mean update SysNAND to 7.0 and install .NSP files in EmuNAND, then yes.
I have unpacked the 6.2.0 fw in the firmware folder on the sd, went to launch > CFW, the nintendo logo appeared and then black screen.
I does not want to turn on now, any help?
I launched the cfw with the paperclip inserted
5.1 with exFat sd card

If I connect it to the pc it says device not recognized and No RCM device detected
EDIT:
I managed to shut down and reboot

Last edited by CoolAlpha,

flamesofdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do extract a firmware update from an xci? I read hactool.exe will do it but I don't know how.

I want the 5.1 update from my super smash bros backup I made to update my second switch from 4.1 to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

I figured it out by using xci-explorer.

Last edited by flamesofdoom,

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
very noob question, what's the safest, cheapest and easiest way to enter rcm without risk of damaging my switch? i've seen alot of methods but almost half of them can damage the switch if you don't connect the proper pins.

Last edited by darkziosj,

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
very noob question, what's the safest, cheapest and easiest way to enter rcm without risk of damaging my switch? i've seen alot of methods but almost half of them can damage the switch if you don't connect the proper pins.
Get a Jig. Dont have money. Use paperclips effectively if you have the confidence in yourself you aint damaging anything.
Or Use Aluminium Foil (I use it and know how to be safe because people say it get's stuck in the pins but you need to adjust it in such a way that it ain't to get stuck or too thick either and also it comes on pins 9 and 10). Or you can use a sata cable to ground 9 and 10 in the side of your nintendo switch,
If neither of these you like then use thismethod to get into RCM. Use one of the tools provided to get into rcm, Inject Hekate payload and enable AutoRCM. Never have to use a tool again just press the volume up and power button. Only downside is that at times you have to boot up hekate and use that to power down your switch as it can drain battery and you have to boot up payload each time since there is no coldboot exploit.
Or spare a few dollars and get a Jig or get a 3D printed one (even you can make it yourself with the proper schematics available on somewhere on these forums).

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question: How do I update my emunand with CHOI? Do I untick the autorcm? I assume that after installing the new firmware it does boost into OFW, right?

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again I know I ask questions a lot and I’m 100% I’m pissing someone off, but this is really the only place I get a polite reply that actually helps me. I have tried searching for a way to fix this but I can’t.

I’m thinking of switch my computers os to Ubuntu,but I want to be able to still load payloads and stuff on my switch. So basically I tested Ubuntu but running it live and trying to hack my switch and I’m trying to do the python and website version and neither work. The website just gets stuck on “Launching payload” or something like that. The python thing says something about a usb? I’m not sure, if anyone who wants to help me needs to know, i can copy exactly what it said. Thanks for any replies.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello again I know I ask questions a lot and I’m 100% I’m pissing someone off, but this is really the only place I get a polite reply that actually helps me. I have tried searching for a way to fix this but I can’t.

I’m thinking of switch my computers os to Ubuntu,but I want to be able to still load payloads and stuff on my switch. So basically I tested Ubuntu but running it live and trying to hack my switch and I’m trying to do the python and website version and neither work. The website just gets stuck on “Launching payload” or something like that. The python thing says something about a usb? I’m not sure, if anyone who wants to help me needs to know, i can copy exactly what it said. Thanks for any replies.

sorry I run windows primarily but I do have my laptop dual booting... I can take a look later today when I'm free to see if I can do anything :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT