Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

oBluEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. I think I will stick with Goldleaf then.

Just one more question. Is there an easy way to update all my homebrew apps without taking the SD card out and downloading the app from my PC?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not an expert, but I did get mine set up last night and installed a few NSP files.

Question 1: I used Goldleaf. Seems like this is the go to for installing unless someone knows of a better program.

Question 2: You can play as long as you don't power down or restart your Switch. Once you do either one, you have to put the Switch back into RCM and use the payloader to reload the custom firmware.

Appreciate that so much! Thank you. Now all I have to do is work up the nerve to use a homemade jig!

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will I still be able to (officially) download games larger than 4GB from the eShop when I format my sdcard to FAT32, like I am now with an exFAT formatted one?
I'm not interested in any kind of backup loading of Switch games, just emulation (mainly retroarch) and apparently FAT32 has higher compatibility and is less prone to corruption.
Also, if I formatted the card to FAT32 wouldn't my Switch just prompt me to format it when I first re-insert it, leaving me with exFAT again?

Edit: Currently using an SX Pro with the Gear boot.dat to load the hekate payload and autoboot into atmosphere/kosmos, if that's important.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Will I still be able to (officially) download games larger than 4GB from the eShop when I format my sdcard to FAT32, like I am now with an exFAT formatted one?
I'm not interested in any kind of backup loading of Switch games, just emulation (mainly retroarch) and apparently FAT32 has higher compatibility and is less prone to corruption.
Also, if I formatted the card to FAT32 wouldn't my Switch just prompt me to format it when I first re-insert it, leaving me with exFAT again?

Yep :) and not as far as I know

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep :) and not as far as I know
Awesome, thanks! One more question though: Can I simply move game files from the exFAT sdcard to the FAT32 formatted one by temporarily backing the files up to my PC or will I have to redownload them all through the eShop? I have close to 200GB of games downloaded and I'd rather not have to download all of that again lol.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome, thanks! One more question though: Can I simply move game files from the exFAT sdcard to the FAT32 formatted one by temporarily backing the files up to my PC or will I have to redownload them all through the eShop? I have close to 200GB of games downloaded and I'd rather not have to download all of that again lol.

Copy paste should work so long as there is no single file that is 4gb+ (game.nsp) on the card

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

Limrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a quick question.

I’m interested in purchasing Wargroove next week on the eshop, but I’m currently on a CFW 6.1.0. Is there a way I can purchase it on Nintendo on a web browser and transfer it to my switch?

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again. I heard about this mod on hacked switch’s where you could use online even if you are banned. Will this work with people on my friends list.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a quick question.

I’m interested in purchasing Wargroove next week on the eshop, but I’m currently on a CFW 6.1.0. Is there a way I can purchase it on Nintendo on a web browser and transfer it to my switch?
Kinda. What you can try doing is buying the game from their website then use the "Update Download Progress" feature from your console.

Hey when i try to open minecraft it gives me this
Judging from the extreme lack of information you gave and your post history, it seems like you are running vanilla Atmosphere which lacks the necessary patches for installing and launching backups you don't own. Download them from here.
Hello again. I heard about this mod on hacked switch’s where you could use online even if you are banned. Will this work with people on my friends list.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There is no bypass for online support.

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda. What you can try doing is buying the game from their website then use the "Update Download Progress" feature from your console.

Judging from the extreme lack of information you gave and your post history, it seems like you are running vanilla Atmosphere which lacks the necessary patches for installing and launching backups you don't own. Download them from here.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There is no bypass for online support.
sorry I should have explained it better.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not "online" online; that's just LAN play simulated across an external server. There is a difference between the two; online has matchmaking for people across one big server while simulated LAN play has people hosting individual lobbies for friends or strangers to join. In other words, there is no "matchmaking" in LAN play.

However there are workarounds. XLink Kai for example lists the lobbies of everyone using their service in case you want to play with strangers. Switch LAN Play, which is the only other tool that can simulate LAN play, have a Discord server where they list all of the servers people use to host LAN lobbies. There's also a GUI that lists the servers on your computer.

Last but not least, as the name implies, it only supports games that have a LAN mode; not all games use LAN, they instead use local wireless. However there is a way to suppress local wireless and have the game use LAN with idn_mitm.kip. But the issue with that is you need a CFW to load that kip. Meaning you don't need CFW to use LAN play online for games that naturally support LAN but you do for games that don't.

Limrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the quick reply draxzelex.

I tried it but it says a system update is required to download this data. Seems like it won’t be possible.

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not "online" online; that's just LAN play simulated across an external server. There is a difference between the two; online has matchmaking for people across one big server while simulated LAN play has people hosting individual lobbies for friends or strangers to join. In other words, there is no "matchmaking" in LAN play.

However there are workarounds. XLink Kai for example lists the lobbies of everyone using their service in case you want to play with strangers. Switch LAN Play, which is the only other tool that can simulate LAN play, have a Discord server where they list all of the servers people use to host LAN lobbies. There's also a GUI that lists the servers on your computer.

Last but not least, as the name implies, it only supports games that have a LAN mode; not all games use LAN, they instead use local wireless. However there is a way to suppress local wireless and have the game use LAN with idn_mitm.kip. But the issue with that is you need a CFW to load that kip. Meaning you don't need CFW to use LAN play online for games that naturally support LAN but you do for games that don't.
Ah ok. Thanks! So from what I understand (please correct me if I’m wrong) I an use this to play with my friends that don’t have cfw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work