Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another probably silly question: the new hekate_ipl.ini that just got generated on the root of my SD is fine where it is, right? Just curious because it's in a different location than the original, I was assuming it would just add kip1patch=nogc to that one automatically. Or do I need to go add it there myself?
You don't need nogc because the gamecart gets updated only once and that's on firmware 4.0. If you updated to a firmware of 4.0 or higher, its already updated.

Reactions: ashamefuldog

ashamefuldog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need nogc because the gamecart gets updated only once and that's on firmware 4.0. If you updated to a firmware of 4.0 or higher, its already updated.

Oh alright, that's kinda what I figured but the "you must use this every time you load!!" message ChoiDujourNX gave me when it was finished threw me off, guessing that's just generic. Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: Draxzelex

faulted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody, I'm currently running ReiNX on version 6.1.0 I was wondering how do customize the look and layout of my switch? thank you!

MrLoaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm interested in Jbing my Switch so I can do emulation, I have about 8 Eshop purchases on my switch but I don't really care about online play. If I instll a CFW and banned do I lose my existing purchases if I never uninstall them? I don't to lose my Stardew valley save :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I'm currently running ReiNX on version 6.1.0 I was wondering how do customize the look and layout of my switch? thank you!
Join this server for information on how to mod your Switch's Home menu.
I'm interested in Jbing my Switch so I can do emulation, I have about 8 Eshop purchases on my switch but I don't really care about online play. If I instll a CFW and banned do I lose my existing purchases if I never uninstall them? I don't to lose my Stardew valley save :)
Nope, as long as you bought and downloaded them, they can be used banned or otherwise. Just make sure the console is kept as the Primary on their website because Secondary consoles have to be connected to the Internet to verify you own the game.

faulted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
currently to my knowledge if your switch gets banned its only a console ban meaning your account will be fine on another switch. With the stardew valley save you can always make a back up in cfw. :)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA: new update is out, not safe to update right now. Nintendo is changing keys and everything. If you update you may be completely out of luck on hacks for no telling how long.

We might not be able to play the new games that come out for awhile (Smash Bros)

Last edited by ,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA: new update is out, not safe to update right now. Nintendo is changing keys and everything. If you update you may be completely out of luck on hacks.

We might not be able to play the new games that come out for awhile (Smash Bros)
Offline Smash will most likely not require firmware 6.2 (everyone said Pokemon would need firmware 6.X and it runs perfectly fine on 5.1) but online Smash can only be done legitimately.

Reactions: EmulateLife

Tamamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I'm looking for some info regarding the order of things to do. I have ordered SX Pro which should arrive next week. I have read somewhere that you are supposed to backup NAND or something before installing CFW but I also understood you have to install CFW before backing up. How does that work? Also, I'm on 3.0.2, which I would like to be able to downgrade back into. I was told to use some weird sounding tool for that, which would prevent burning fuses. So in what order do I do these things?

EDIT: Also, regarding exFat. I heard some talk about you having to install some drivers in the switch. Would love to get some details on that.

Last edited by Tamamo,

OnnRyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a few questions for you
If I install a DLC and or Update of a game (using ReiNX), will I lose any sort of progress?
Has any Pokemon Lets Go been released on NSP/XCI?
Is Diablo and online only game like on the other platforms or can it be played offline?

geek_76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am getting a 2nd SD card and i have 2 quick questions:
1) I plan on using fat32 file system-same as currently - and will format with GUIformat. What cluster size do I select?
2) If I just want to copy everything EXCEPT my switch games that are installed to my current SD card (they were installed starting as .xci - installed via dopus/n1dus), is there a particular folder or files to exclude? Thanks in advance.

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it a pretty reasonable guess that 6.2 won't be cracked for at least a month or two? I just got my jig yesterday but I'm glad I didn't put the CFW on now. No way I bought this system to wait months to play new games, so I'm probably going to keep it stock and just pay for my games. I figured the talk of Nintendo not being able to do anything about CFW due to the RCM exploit sounded too good to be true. Glad I never even put my system in RCM mode so I'm not at a ban risk.

Last edited by nutsack,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pin 9 and 10 still working for rcm?

also im on 4.0 why is my 64gb sd not working?
If you enter RCM by connecting pins 9 & 10 together, your right Joy-Con becomes semi-bricked. The fix involves not shorting those 2 pins together to enter RCM. And the reason your 64 GB SD card is not working is most likely due to being formatted to exFAT which the console does not support out of the box. You will have to reformat it to FAT32 using a third-party program such as GUIFormat because it is larger than 32 GB. If you want exFAT support, use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX after you format it to FAT32.
I'm looking for some info regarding the order of things to do. I have ordered SX Pro which should arrive next week. I have read somewhere that you are supposed to backup NAND or something before installing CFW but I also understood you have to install CFW before backing up. How does that work? Also, I'm on 3.0.2, which I would like to be able to downgrade back into. I was told to use some weird sounding tool for that, which would prevent burning fuses. So in what order do I do these things?

EDIT: Also, regarding exFat. I heard some talk about you having to install some drivers in the switch. Would love to get some details on that.
No, you can backup the NAND before using CFW. The main tool for doing so is with the payload/bootloader Hekate. SX OS can do it as well but since it lacks a verification feature unlike Hekate, I recommend backing up the NAND with Hekate instead.

As for your other 2 questions, you can update your firmware without burning fuses and obtain exFAT support by using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. Detailed instructions can be found on its GBATemp thread.
Is it possible to play online with a r4s/reinx setup on switch?
Yes but you may be banned for doing so.
Hey guys, I have a few questions for you
If I install a DLC and or Update of a game (using ReiNX), will I lose any sort of progress?
Has any Pokemon Lets Go been released on NSP/XCI?
Is Diablo and online only game like on the other platforms or can it be played offline?
No you won't lose any progress. Pokemon is out as both .NSP and .XCI. And Diablo can be played offline.
Hi. I am getting a 2nd SD card and i have 2 quick questions:
1) I plan on using fat32 file system-same as currently - and will format with GUIformat. What cluster size do I select?
2) If I just want to copy everything EXCEPT my switch games that are installed to my current SD card (they were installed starting as .xci - installed via dopus/n1dus), is there a particular folder or files to exclude? Thanks in advance.
  1. Default is sufficient. If there is no Default option or the Default setting does not work, its 32 for FAT32 (and 128 for exFAT)
  2. All games, updates, and DLC installed to the SD card are stored in the Nintendo folder

IrregularX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have been using CFW for Checkpoint while offline, then restarting the Switch in normal mode to play online since about a week ago. I just found out that I should have been backing up and restoring my NAND as well as clearing log files before going back online after every time I boot CFW. I'm not sure if I'm banned or going to get banned, as I haven't tried accessing the eShop and have been in airplane mode and removed my WiFi settings after I got the 6.2 update message a few hours ago. I have been playing online without issues up until I received the 6.2 update prompt earlier today, after that I have been keeping my Switch offline just to be safe.

Currently still on 6.1 and have a clean NAND backup from when I first injected Hekate a week ago, but no other NAND backups.
My question is:
1. Is it too late to do anything now or should I just start backing up and restoring NAND from now on?
2. Is it dangerous to restore the clean NAND from a week ago if I have been online after using CFW multiple times?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been using CFW for Checkpoint while offline, then restarting the Switch in normal mode to play online since about a week ago. I just found out that I should have been backing up and restoring my NAND as well as clearing log files before going back online after every time I boot CFW. I'm not sure if I'm banned or going to get banned, as I haven't tried accessing the eShop and have been in airplane mode and removed my WiFi settings after I got the 6.2 update message a few hours ago. I have been playing online without issues up until I received the 6.2 update prompt earlier today, after that I have been keeping my Switch offline just to be safe.

Currently still on 6.1 and have a clean NAND backup from when I first injected Hekate a week ago, but no other NAND backups.
My question is:
1. Is it too late to do anything now or should I just start backing up and restoring NAND from now on?
2. Is it dangerous to restore the clean NAND from a week ago if I have been online after using CFW multiple times?
  1. Its too late to restore your clean NAND since you already went online with your modded Switch so Nintendo will find out you restored the NAND to a pre-hacking state
  2. See above point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back