Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I just did the update without burning any fuses and so far so good, am on 5.1.0. Now I would like to know if I can install ext driver? I don't have it (switch was on 3.0 and never checked the driver), now I thought of formatting sd card to ext and copying all the required files on it. Now I wonder what happens after I insert it, will switch delete everything or just download update so it can read ext?

Also is it ok to use and update my game cards?

And lastly I have to inject hekate after every reboot right? And this being autoRCM I've read somewhere that it never sleeps so it drains battery. Now I wonder what happens when I go for vacation and leave the switch off for 3 weeks? How do you guys do it?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Grateful that a thread like this exists. I'm hoping someone can answer some noob questions/provide me with some advice. Here's my current set-up:

- I have a launch Switch which is my main, 'official' system. It's on firmware 5.1.0. I don't plan to use it for homebrew.
- I'm awaiting delivery of a second Switch from Amazon (easy return process if it's the wrong firmware), which I plan to use solely for homebrew/emulation

I'm aware that there are now systems in market which have had some form of the hack fixed, so I'm a little worried I won't get the right system. I did read here that if you get a system with 4.1, it's still compatible with an upcoming Deja Vu hack.

Seeking advice on what to do:

1. If my new Switch is on firmware 4.1, am I okay to just wait for the Deja Vu hack?
2. Will the Deja Vu hack still require some sort of physical meddling like the paperclip (or similar) trick I've read about?
3. Should I attempt to do the paperclip soft hack even if my system is on 4.1, to check if it's not one of the newly-fixed Switch systems on the market? Is there any way to check the system without attempting this?
4. Do I have any options with my official launch system, as it's on 5.1? Perhaps I could make the new system my official system and then keep this 5.1 launch system to hack in future as I believe it may still be vulnerable in some way, but could be wrong.
5. If there are any simpler options for me, please let me know.

Finally, I read the below in the FAQ:

I'm on 4.x.x or lower! Should I update?
No. On 4.x.x you won't have to boot into rcm to boot cfw.
=====

Does the above mean that the physical/paperclip trick isn't needed on firmware 4 or below?

For reference, I've dabbled in a little Wii homebrew in the past, used Ninjahax on 3DS and have a homebrew Vita...but those were all relatively simple. The Switch stuff seems rather complicated.

Thanks.
It's unlikely that the system you get will be patched. On 4.x.x and below, you won't have to use a jig to boot into RCM once the exploits are released.
Hey everyone! Is there a tool for decrypting Switch saves yet? I wanna try editing my Xenoverse 2 save, but I have no idea where to start!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-save-editor.505691/
how do i play backups with sx os?
You have to buy the licence or SX pro and activate it on the switch. After that just put the xci games on the root

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Xenoverse, not Xenoblade. The Dragon Ball game. Nobody has a save editor yet, so I was gonna fiddle around with HxD, but I need to decrypt the save, first.
Oh. I didntd catch that lol. You could try extracting your save with checkpoint and editing it in a hex editor. I don't really know much about save editing

Quackington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's unlikely that the system you get will be patched. On 4.x.x and below, you won't have to use a jig to boot into RCM once the exploits are released.
Thanks. Will the non-jig exploits work on a 4.x.x even if it is a patched system?

I've ended up ordering a jig from eBay anyway, should arrive in the next day or two. Is it possible to do a quick check using the jig to see if I can boot into recovery, without affecting the system's OS? If there's a recommended tutorial or better yet, YouTube video to follow, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Will the non-jig exploits work on a 4.x.x even if it is a patched system?

I've ended up ordering a jig from eBay anyway, should arrive in the next day or two. Is it possible to do a quick check using the jig to see if I can boot into recovery, without affecting the system's OS? If there's a recommended tutorial or better yet, YouTube video to follow, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Deja Vu works on a patched system as long as it's on 4.x.x or lower. To boot into RCM, power off your switch, put the jig into the right joycon rail and boot while holding vol+. If you did it right, the switch should stay black instead of showing the Nintendo logo

Quackington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deja Vu works on a patched system as long as it's on 4.x.x or lower. To boot into RCM, power off your switch, put the jig into the right joycon rail and boot while holding vol+. If you did it right, the switch should stay black instead of showing the Nintendo logo
Alright, thanks. I've watched a video, does the jig need to go all the way to the bottom of the joycon rail?

Has there been any timeline indication of when Deja Vu may be released?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know what size profile images have to be to set them with devmenu? The images I'm using are too small so they keep getting corrupted
Did you check this thread already? It has the answer you're looking for.

Do we have anything available to launch linux and any payload we want directly FROM the sd card? Maybe a payload that is a payload launcher... That would be useful with people with sx pro and trinket m0 as we don't have anything to launch linux with the payload files on the sd card for example. I know the sx pro can boot other payloads from the sd card but it doesn't work with linux.
While we don't have a community-based payload, CTCaer modified the SX Pro Launcher so it can be used to launch other payloads that are not SX OS.
I was wondering for the games I bought can I still play those online while I’m on the sx os cfw? Or would I have to boot my switch on the original fw?
It would be safer to play them on OFW as opposed to CFW.
So if I lose the file I can not reactivate the same key with the same console online?
If you don't have the license request file or a copy of the unactivated license, you cannot.
Can you link me to the Lakka thread? Hard to find it on Tapatalk...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-t...ming-console-includes-psx-n64-and-psp.506024/
Guys I just did the update without burning any fuses and so far so good, am on 5.1.0. Now I would like to know if I can install ext driver? I don't have it (switch was on 3.0 and never checked the driver), now I thought of formatting sd card to ext and copying all the required files on it. Now I wonder what happens after I insert it, will switch delete everything or just download update so it can read ext?

Also is it ok to use and update my game cards?

And lastly I have to inject hekate after every reboot right? And this being autoRCM I've read somewhere that it never sleeps so it drains battery. Now I wonder what happens when I go for vacation and leave the switch off for 3 weeks? How do you guys do it?
  1. Installing the exFAT update officially is treated the same as updating the system firmware meaning it will reboot the system and burn your fuses. I recommend obtaining the exFAT update offline here or here.
  2. If you are not using SX OS and have followed the guide appropriately, you cannot use game cartridges on firmwares 4.0 and above in order to prevent your cartridge slot from breaking on firmwares below 4.0
  3. Simply keep the console in sleep mode and charge it then. This way, you will never run into any of the problems associated with AutoRCM. If you must power the console off, either do a manual shutdown or select Power Off from the Hekate menu. Powering off from Horizon does not turn off the console fully.

Reactions: APartOfMe

Quackington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it has to go until the pins connect. Idk about daja Vu. try googling it
Thanks.

Right, my new Switch from Amazon arrived. It has a firmware of 3.0.2. Does anyone know if this is a 'safe', unpatched Switch that is still compatible with the jig hack...or is it still possible that even the newly-patched Switches are coming with firmware 3.0.2? Should I try the jig hack? It should arrive in the next few days.

I have an opportunity to buy a used Switch with firmware 3.0.0...but that doesn't come with anything, just the Switch itself (no joycons/doc/adaptor etc.)...which is fine because I already have all of those for my main Switch. And I can get it for about £70 cheaper than a new Switch.

At the very least, this should be compatible with an upcoming softmod explot, right - Deja Vu?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by zerohealinzz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: