APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys

I have the impression that here people are rather against hacking games, but I'm lacking money, do you know when it will be possible to install pirated games (if it is possible one day) via the tegra x1 fault ?
(Sorry for my bad english)
Yes it will someday be possible. No one knows when though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just found a Splatoon bundle at walmart with 3.0. What should be first step be? HBL? If I connect to the internet will it automatically update the switch?
Connect the switch to the update blocking dns (I don't know what the dns is, but you can find it via Google). After that, follow switch.cfw.guide to install homebrew

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't find anything that you guys are taking about on here. Can someone please direct me to a thread or link with up to date information on what's currently possible? I can't seem to find anything aside from gleaning small bits of info while still having read through multiple pages of posts. Here's all I've managed to learn so far. Based on title this thread should be up to date with current hacks. Based on another thread showing 3d printed "jigs" there's a hard mod exploit. Based on discussion here, a lot of people know about it.

Please someone help?
Shorting pin 10 on the joy-con rail allows us to access a special boot mode on the switch. From there we can install Fusee Gelee. The jigs are just one way of shorting pin 10, you can use a wire, screwdriver, bend the pins, etc

Addconsult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Long time lurker. First time poster. I am wondering if anyone or any group is working on Android to switch? If not i would atleast wanna try to make an attempt. Since there are other Tegra X1 Android devices it seems it would be hard but not impossible? Got Linux experience and Android experience.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker. First time poster. I am wondering if anyone or any group is working on Android to switch? If not i would atleast wanna try to make an attempt. Since there are other Tegra X1 Android devices it seems it would be hard but not impossible? Got Linux experience and Android experience.
To my knowledge, no one is working on it as of right now.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Pretty much. This also makes it harder to tell if its turned off which is accomplished by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

Oh, no vibration then? I tried couple times and i got the Switch logo in the first second or so.

Then my last 2 tries i got no logo, but i cant tell if i did it... I guess thats good.

Anyway, thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no vibration then? I tried couple times and i got the Switch logo in the first second or so.

Then my last 2 tries i got no logo, but i cant tell if i did it... I guess thats good.

Anyway, thanks!
Yeah, that's what I did. I alternated between turning on my Switch regularly then booting into RCM. However, there are now versions of Fusee Gelee for all OS so feel free to use one depending on your preference so that you can boot into something other than a black screen.

Reactions: alexj9626

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I want to buy an extra Switch to keep it "as is" for future possibility of hacking it.

Just to want to get a confirmation that buying "ANY" Switch at this point is pretty much a guarantee for hacking as at the very least there is a hardware hack, right?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I want to buy an extra Switch to keep it "as is" for future possibility of hacking it.

Just to want to get a confirmation that buying "ANY" Switch at this point is pretty much a guarantee for hacking as at the very least there is a hardware hack, right?

I have a Switch with 5.0.2 and just loaded Fusee, so if thats what you are asking yes, any firmware is good right now (and maybe ever with this hardware)

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a Switch with 5.0.2 and just loaded Fusee, so if thats what you are asking yes, any firmware is good right now (and maybe ever with this hardware)
Just to make sure, there has been absolutely no release of hardware revision, right? I know its pretty much impossible to release things such early, but just making sure.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Just to make sure, there has been absolutely no release of hardware revision, right? I know its pretty much impossible to release things such early, but just making sure.

Positive, no hardware revision as of today. So you can go to your local store and get any Switch and it would be able to load Fusee.

TheSewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, sorry if this has been answered

Why are people modding there Joycons VS using a Jig?

Surely the Jig is better or not? When and if the CFW comes out the Jig can be disconnected once installed?

Thanks

nobsles

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I am sorry if this question is already asked and answered.
I want to confirm and ask something.
I just bought a switch with 4.1 firmware installed. if i want to install CFW later, can i update it to the latest fw?
I want to update my game and use nintendo eshop but I am afraid of losing my chance to use CFW and I read that all firmware is supported, is it true?

all answer is appreciated and thank you

ThodorisGR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Noob question. what if update my switch from 4.0.1 to latest update? i mean switch is still hackable on the lastest update or is better to stay on 4.0.1?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am sorry if this question is already asked and answered.
I want to confirm and ask something.
I just bought a switch with 4.1 firmware installed. if i want to install CFW later, can i update it to the latest fw?
I want to update my game and use nintendo eshop but I am afraid of losing my chance to use CFW and I read that all firmware is supported, is it true?

all answer is appreciated and thank you
Yes but you may have to do some hardware modifications as opposed to a software method to get CFW. If you feel comfortable shorting a pin (which can be done with a lot of things like a paper clip), then you can update since CFW will be available for firmwares of Switches currently out. There will be some Switches being released soon that will patch the exploit needed to get CFW.
Noob question. what if update my switch from 4.0.1 to latest update? i mean switch is still hackable on the lastest update or is better to stay on 4.0.1?

short summary for pre-Mariko units:
1.0.0: has a nice non-coldboot solution, and is the most likely to get a Holy Grail CFW-launching exploit in the future
<3.0.1: has enough power to avoid a hardmod immediately, even if you'll probably want to just do the hardmod 'cuz the hardmod's so easy
<=4.1.0: will eventually see a hardmod-less solution, but will need that 'minor hardmod' at launch
>4.1.0: that 'minor hardmod' is required; though we may find a solution to avoid this in the future
BTW the aforementioned 'minor hardmod' involves shorting pin 10 on either the right Joy-Con or the Switch rail. Launch is referring to when the CFW is completed.
Hi all, sorry if this has been answered

Why are people modding there Joycons VS using a Jig?

Surely the Jig is better or not? When and if the CFW comes out the Jig can be disconnected once installed?

Thanks
Several reasons. Modding Joy-Cons are cheaper than using a jig. One costs money while the other doesn't. Also, some people may not feel entirely comfortable modding their Joy-Cons. Some users have reported problems with their Joy-Cons after modding them so its theoretically safer to use a jig.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but you may have to do some hardware modifications as opposed to a software method to get CFW. If you feel comfortable shorting a pin (which can be done with a lot of things like a paper clip), then you can update since CFW will be available for firmwares of Switches currently out. There will be some Switches being released soon that will patch the exploit needed to get CFW.

BTW the aforementioned 'minor hardmod' involves shorting pin 10 on either the right Joy-Con or the Switch rail. Launch is referring to when the CFW is completed.
Several reasons. Modding Joy-Cons are cheaper than using a jig. One costs money while the other doesn't. Also, some people may not feel entirely comfortable modding their Joy-Cons. Some users have reported problems with their Joy-Cons after modding them so its theoretically safer to use a jig.
I would also like to add that modding your joycon means you don't have to carry a jig or a wire around with you

Reactions: TheSewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: