Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Foxy-trn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I did hacked my switch from a long time ago, I was wondering what I should do.

I NEVER booted in my sysnand in CFW, only my emunand because I'm worried about a ban.
I want to go in my sysnand for modding smash bros and play online, it's safe to do it, but unfortunately, in my emunand i'm doing nasty things that WILL get me banned, I know that the emunand is separated from the sysnand but I was wondering if the patches (sigpatches) to read unsigned program that I use on my emunand will also be applied on my sysnand as well since I will boot in cfw, and at this point it will be possible that I will get banned I guess

Should I : Delete everything, the emunand, the atmosphere folder, ect and do the hack from 0 for being sure that my switch is clean and boot on my sysnand with nothing specific except the mods for smash bros ?

Should I : Just update atmosphere and boot on my cfw ?
You can run the NAND as long as it’s clean. As long as you run the nasty things on the emuNAND and don’t connect to the internet, everything should be fine. If you ran CFW on sysNAND in the past, you should clean it using Haku33. If you follow these steps, you shouldn’t be banned.

But keep in mind what Hayato213 says.
Using mod and playing online is never safe from a ban.

Reactions: Kanakops

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Using mod and playing online is never safe from a ban.
Yeah I know but the smash community do not have any kind of problem while modding the game online, it's safe to assume it's not something that will get me banned if done in the correct condition, I was just wondering about the rest of my configuration and the paths available to me

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know but the smash community do not have any kind of problem while modding the game online, it's safe to assume it's not something that will get me banned if done in the correct condition, I was just wondering about the rest of my configuration and the paths available to me

Using homebrew/mod is moderate chance of ban. Doesn't mean you can 100% avoid a ban.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have heard so many getting banned for smashmods

Foxy-trn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You got NAND backup?
I have backups of 13.2.1 and 14.1.1, but when I restore either of them, the same thing happens. I’ve tried rebuilding Boot0 and Boot1 without success with both versions. I’m thinking about installing 13.2.1 and burning fuses, implanting the generated Boot0/1 and running the console without RCM and see what happens?.
Also, rebuild a NAND and clean the system. It’s starting to annoy me.
Could it be a missing/corrupt PRODINFO/PRODINFOF or the Switch’s microSD card reader?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have backups of 13.2.1 and 14.1.1, but when I restore either of them, the same thing happens. I’ve tried rebuilding Boot0 and Boot1 without success with both versions. I’m thinking about installing 13.2.1 and burning fuses, implanting the generated Boot0/1 and running the console without RCM and see what happens?.
Also, rebuild a NAND and clean the system. It’s starting to annoy me.
Could it be a missing/corrupt PRODINFO/PRODINFOF or the Switch’s microSD card reader?

For Atmosphere pkg1 refer to fusee.bin if you are using fusee.bin to boot.

OLED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Dumping an .NSP file means your dumping the game. Your progress and other options aren't part of the game, those are stored in the save file which is stored in a different place than the game being the internal storage of the Switch
  2. There are no such thing as "sigpatches". There are only ES, FS, & Loader patches. As far as these patches go, they are backwards compatible with all previously released firmware versions. However, you will need updated patches whenever you update your firmware or CFW
  3. Bans due to hacking primarily affect consoles. Account bans are limited to other types of activity such as credit card fraud. So even if you do get banned, it will only affect the console that was caught hacking and any associated accounts will be safe. People have even used accounts from banned consoles on unbanned consoles with zero issue
  4. No, you're not doing it the right way. That's not the recommended tool for either option. You're supposed to dump the cartridges with nxdumptool and the recommended installer is TinWoo Installer which is what I personally use. You can use any .NSP file on any other Switch. They are in no way, shape, or form tied to the console they were dumped from. Lastly, tickets are only meant to be used for .NSP files of games that were downloaded from the eShop. There are no tickets off .NSP converts such as those converted from dumped cartridge games. In your case, you're supposed to be dumping .XCI files not .NSP files hence why I recommended you to use nxdumptool instead
  5. I don't know where you heard you ought to be doing other things but 90DNS alone is sufficient for most purposes. The conventions of how to homebrew also have not changed since 2017. I would know since I was in the scene since I've been following it since before fusee gelee was leaked. People just like to spread FUD and use newer things just because of the fact that they were newer. Just because they were newer doesn't make them better; it just makes them newer
  6. You don't need to use Airplane Mode nor 90DNS in this scenario. Removing the Wi-Fi network is enough to prevent connecting with Nintendo and you can dump stuff offline using the aforementioned nxdumptool. It also doesn't matter whether the console is set to primary or secondary when dumping .NSP files
  7. Yes you are correct. Raw .NSP files come in 3 flavors: the base game, its subsequent updates, and any DLC released alongside it
  8. Its a similar workflow mentioned in 6b but with my modifications
  9. The keys being dumped via Lockpick are shared across all Switch consoles, not just the one you dumped it from contrary to popular belief. The only reason you're dumping the keys in the first place is because its illegal to share them so the legal way for people to obtain them is by dumping the keys themselves. The only scenario where you would have to reuse Lockpick is when you update the firmware as new firmware versions can introduce new keys that need to be dumped
  10. The SD cards are setup identically
  11. Part of the problem comes from needing a linked Nintendo account. As long as you have an associated account and do not wipe it from the console, everything else can be worked out. You may also need to redump the game using nxdumptool to create a proper dump
  12. I would still use eBay as its one of the most ubiquitous marketplaces and competition isn't fierce if you have the right price. Also change the title. There is no such thing as "Atmosphere kit". Atmosphere is just a bunch of files that anyone can download from their official GitHub page. Its never installed to the console and they have certainly never released a kit for it. There is also no such thing as "V1". The official name is Erista however many people are unfortunately unaware of the model names. You can certainly attach your RCM Loader to the listing. If you do, make that clear in your title such as "Unpatched Switch with RCM Loader"
  13. Its only easier in the aspect that if you need more space, its less of a hassle if they are on separate cards as you may need to format everything else to make more room for Android. Also the Android OS you would be installing is not sanctioned by Nintendo so its impossible to connect it directly to their servers.
  14. Well if they release a new feature via a firmware that you are interested in such as themes, then you must update. Also while technically not games, DLC and updates have their own firmware requirements that may necessitate the need to update.
2. I've seen it written somewhere (maybe elsewhere on these forums) that depending on the version update, you don't always need newer patches. In the case of going from 16.0.0 to 16.0.1, apparently the same ones that worked for 16.0.0 will work for 16.0.1. For a x.y.z version structure, I read that it only requires a change when x or y increment and not when z does. Or did I misread that wrong and was it actually just talking about Atmosphere itself?

3. I did not know that. That actually makes me feel way better about the precautions I've been taking (most of which might be considered over-the-top.

4. The Switch I reference in 12. is running Firmware 13.2.1 with Atmosphere 1.3.2. On that one, I used NXDumpTool and GameCard Installer and both work just fine. The Switch that I use Tinfoil 16.0 on has Firmware 16.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.5.1 and I wasn't able to use either tool to dump or install. I saw mention that GameCard Installer is more or less deprecated and that Goldleaf is also fairly useless in newer firmwares. My experience has been similar, though it's entirely possible that I've done something wrong.

Either way, the workflow that I use with Tinfoil DOES seem to work and rather well. The only thing I wasn't sure of is am I creating these NSP files correctly (i.e. they will function and install on other consoles that are set up properly)? I have not tested installing the NSPs onto a second Switch (and the one I'm trying to sell is more or less full in terms of games stored on it already). Tinfoil's ability to dump installed games to NSP seems to make sense. But not being able to dump directly from the cartridge seems odd since Tinfoil otherwise seems to do what I need it to.

Again, I haven't tested installing the NSP files I've created using this process. But I can absolutely attest that it will install a game from a cartridge and that said game will launch without any issue whatsoever.

Do let me know if the NSP files I've been saving are likely to be useless. It's one thing if you and I do the same thing differently with two different tools and you just happen to prefer one. It's another if the tool I'm using is likely to present me with problems down the road. Would rather stem that tide now before I have spent all this time dumping NSP files that end up being worthless.

5. There's a lot of chatter about it on the SwitchPirates subreddit. I might've seen a post on here about it too. I'd post the links, but my account on here is so new that I'm not yet allowed to. Everyone seems to recommend Exosphere over 90dns. And, on paper, I get it. I'd much rather not have to make joining to every new WiFi network more complicated than merely entering the password to the SSID.

6. Good to know that primary vs. secondary doesn't matter. I was afraid that there were extra protections in play that would make dumping the game more...difficult?

7. Follow-up question here. I know that some games have DLC that gets downloaded with the base game (and is only merely activated upon purchase) and there's some where buying the DLC results in the download of a separate NSP file from the eShop. Is there a guide anywhere on which games handle DLC in which fashion? I'd imagine the Nintendo ones do the latter approach. But using Mortal Kombat 11 as an example again, I'd think that might be a case of the former. In either case, I'd have no real way of knowing. Tinfoil seems to provide some clues. But it's all still vague-seeming to me at this point.

9. Interesting. I'll keep doing it to be safe, but good to know that it's mainly done as a legality/formality more than a necessity.

11. I never tried the installed game via Tinfoil; but on the older switch that I'm trying to sell, I did use GameCard Installer and NXDumpTool and I basically got what you'd get when you stick the game card in the slot of any switch and opt not to download the extra download. Which is to say a minimal number of characters with only so many modes available. I don't know how my mileage might differ from using Tinfoil for both dumping and installing versus GameCard Installer/NXDumpTool/GoldLeaf, unless, per your response to 4., the NSP files made from Tinfoil won't work. Though, if that's the case, do tell me now. :)

12. eBay will take down the auction if "Jailbroken" "CFW" or other such terms are used in the auction. I've read about it and seen it happen with my own auction-tracking eyes. And yes, I know enough about Jailbreaking a Switch to know that there's no such thing as a "kit". My original idea was to sell the console, fully wiped, with the SD card, perfectly ready to go, but not installed in the console, and an RCMLoader and advertising it as a Switch that is pure, but with everything needed to boot and load CFW. But, if I do sell on eBay, my wording choice and what I include or don't include needs to be very deliberate, or else I might cause myself more trouble than it's worth.

14. For sure; I definitely know that newer games will necessitate newer firmware releases. And same with theming and customizations. More wondering about any OTHER reason I might have to do it. It seems like it makes more sense to just leave my first generation Switches on as low of a version as possible since my main use cases are emulators and installing games and DLC from NSPs.

Thank you very much for your time and your answers! It's helpful!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. I've seen it written somewhere (maybe elsewhere on these forums) that depending on the version update, you don't always need newer patches. In the case of going from 16.0.0 to 16.0.1, apparently the same ones that worked for 16.0.0 will work for 16.0.1. For a x.y.z version structure, I read that it only requires a change when x or y increment and not when z does. Or did I misread that wrong and was it actually just talking about Atmosphere itself?

3. I did not know that. That actually makes me feel way better about the precautions I've been taking (most of which might be considered over-the-top.

4. The Switch I reference in 12. is running Firmware 13.2.1 with Atmosphere 1.3.2. On that one, I used NXDumpTool and GameCard Installer and both work just fine. The Switch that I use Tinfoil 16.0 on has Firmware 16.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.5.1 and I wasn't able to use either tool to dump or install. I saw mention that GameCard Installer is more or less deprecated and that Goldleaf is also fairly useless in newer firmwares. My experience has been similar, though it's entirely possible that I've done something wrong.

Either way, the workflow that I use with Tinfoil DOES seem to work and rather well. The only thing I wasn't sure of is am I creating these NSP files correctly (i.e. they will function and install on other consoles that are set up properly)? I have not tested installing the NSPs onto a second Switch (and the one I'm trying to sell is more or less full in terms of games stored on it already). Tinfoil's ability to dump installed games to NSP seems to make sense. But not being able to dump directly from the cartridge seems odd since Tinfoil otherwise seems to do what I need it to.

Again, I haven't tested installing the NSP files I've created using this process. But I can absolutely attest that it will install a game from a cartridge and that said game will launch without any issue whatsoever.

Do let me know if the NSP files I've been saving are likely to be useless. It's one thing if you and I do the same thing differently with two different tools and you just happen to prefer one. It's another if the tool I'm using is likely to present me with problems down the road. Would rather stem that tide now before I have spent all this time dumping NSP files that end up being worthless.

5. There's a lot of chatter about it on the SwitchPirates subreddit. I might've seen a post on here about it too. I'd post the links, but my account on here is so new that I'm not yet allowed to. Everyone seems to recommend Exosphere over 90dns. And, on paper, I get it. I'd much rather not have to make joining to every new WiFi network more complicated than merely entering the password to the SSID.

6. Good to know that primary vs. secondary doesn't matter. I was afraid that there were extra protections in play that would make dumping the game more...difficult?

7. Follow-up question here. I know that some games have DLC that gets downloaded with the base game (and is only merely activated upon purchase) and there's some where buying the DLC results in the download of a separate NSP file from the eShop. Is there a guide anywhere on which games handle DLC in which fashion? I'd imagine the Nintendo ones do the latter approach. But using Mortal Kombat 11 as an example again, I'd think that might be a case of the former. In either case, I'd have no real way of knowing. Tinfoil seems to provide some clues. But it's all still vague-seeming to me at this point.

9. Interesting. I'll keep doing it to be safe, but good to know that it's mainly done as a legality/formality more than a necessity.

11. I never tried the installed game via Tinfoil; but on the older switch that I'm trying to sell, I did use GameCard Installer and NXDumpTool and I basically got what you'd get when you stick the game card in the slot of any switch and opt not to download the extra download. Which is to say a minimal number of characters with only so many modes available. I don't know how my mileage might differ from using Tinfoil for both dumping and installing versus GameCard Installer/NXDumpTool/GoldLeaf, unless, per your response to 4., the NSP files made from Tinfoil won't work. Though, if that's the case, do tell me now. :)

12. eBay will take down the auction if "Jailbroken" "CFW" or other such terms are used in the auction. I've read about it and seen it happen with my own auction-tracking eyes. And yes, I know enough about Jailbreaking a Switch to know that there's no such thing as a "kit". My original idea was to sell the console, fully wiped, with the SD card, perfectly ready to go, but not installed in the console, and an RCMLoader and advertising it as a Switch that is pure, but with everything needed to boot and load CFW. But, if I do sell on eBay, my wording choice and what I include or don't include needs to be very deliberate, or else I might cause myself more trouble than it's worth.

14. For sure; I definitely know that newer games will necessitate newer firmware releases. And same with theming and customizations. More wondering about any OTHER reason I might have to do it. It seems like it makes more sense to just leave my first generation Switches on as low of a version as possible since my main use cases are emulators and installing games and DLC from NSPs.

Thank you very much for your time and your answers! It's helpful!
  • (2) No, you have read correctly that some version increments do not require newer patches. However, the rules for this phenomenon aren't settled in stone. This is due to the fact that just because the newer firmware doesn't need updated patches doesn't mean the newer CFW will need patches. See, every time there is an update to Atmosphere, you also need new patches as the Loader patches are directly tied to Atmosphere. So we won't know if you need to update your patches until we are able to load the new firmware; the increment is not enough
  • (4) It would only considered depreciated if you cannot download it anymore or f it was broken on newer firmware versions, neither of which is the case. It was even last updated a year ago which is more recent than most other commonly used homebrew apps. At any rate, everyone here recommends nxdumptool as it has a longer history for dumping game files so its verified to work for its intended purpose. On the other hand, DZ, which is the real name of that other app (the real Tinfoil can be found here), is littered with problems. Its creator has known to stuff it with hate speech just for his amusement, not supporting builds of Atmosphere using Hekate, and changing its name to confuse the community. I am specifically telling you NOT to use it to avoid problems like those or others down the road
  • (5) I mean let that sink in. You are listening to a subreddit, not a hacking forum, full of pirates, not trusted developers. Most people, if not everyone, would laugh at you for considering that subreddit as a reliable source of information. In case you don't believe me, the developer of Atmosphere who also implemented exosphere also says its not guaranteed to be safe. In his own words, "This is not known to be safe, as data may be cached elsewhere in the system. Usage is not encouraged" which can be found in the exosphere.ini file once you download Atmosphere
  • (6) The extra protections make it more difficult if you want to dump it raw and as Nintendo intended meaning you don't plan to use it another console because a true dump would make it unusable on any other console. However dumping software and patches enable backups to be used universally
  • (7) There aren't any guides for that I'm afraid
  • (11) I was hesitant to mention Gamecard Installer because that hasn't been updated in a very long time but as long as it still works on the current firmware, its probably the best tool to use to install cartridges directly to your system
  • (12) Then abstain from using the words "Jailbreak" or "CFW" from your auction. There are ways to even just imply your console is hackable without outright stating it. As I mentioned, the word unpatched carries a lot of mileage as this is what people look for when buying a hackable unit. You can also provide the serial number as this is what is predominantly used to determine if a console is unpatched or not

sawakura

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I got my switch modded a few day ago (have emuNAND)
I connected it to wifi to download game on Tinfoil. Today i came home and saw my daughter playing Mario SuperStar, it have online feature and the wifi is still on... Did my switch get Banned if my daughter accidently go to the online section?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my switch modded a few day ago (have emuNAND)
I connected it to wifi to download game on Tinfoil. Today i came home and saw my daughter playing Mario SuperStar, it have online feature and the wifi is still on... Did my switch get Banned if my daughter accidently go to the online section?

You probably got flagged for a ban.

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
QUICK QUESTION

Where should I play legit games? sysnand CFW or stock OFW. I get confusing since there are forums and reddits on both sides saying OFW/CFW is better etc etc

also how to add OFW on hekate launch

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUICK QUESTION

Where should I play legit games? sysnand CFW or stock OFW. I get confusing since there are forums and reddits on both sides saying OFW/CFW is better etc etc

Sysnand if u want no homebrew syscfw if u want homebrew and hekate_ipl.ini

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUICK QUESTION

If you don't have a clean Sysnand then forget about it, you need a clean Sysnand CFW and OFW share the same NAND.

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you don't have a clean Sysnand then forget about it, you need a clean Sysnand CFW and OFW share the same NAND.
i have clean sysnand
Post automatically merged:

Sysnand if u want no homebrew syscfw if u want homebrew and hekate_ipl.ini
i want purely legit games and online

Sysnand if u want no homebrew syscfw
i thought sysnand and syscfw is the same?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have clean sysnand

Not the same

Sysnand = stock
Syscfw = Atmosphere over syanand

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have clean sysnand

Sysnand stand for system NAND, OFW stand for Official firmware, CFW stand for Custom firmware, so if you ran CFW on Sysnand then it Sysnand CFW. If you installed pirated games on Sysnand then it is not clean anymore. To run Stock Sysnand using below in Hekate.

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

• Love
Reactions: Dandan0404

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sysnand stand for system NAND, OFW stand for Official firmware, CFW stand for Custom firmware, so if you ran CFW on Sysnand then it Sysnand CFW. If you installed pirated games on Sysnand then it is not clean anymore. To run Stock Sysnand using below in Hekate.

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
this is the one right?

Attachments

• image_2023-04-28_233420318.png
    image_2023-04-28_233420318.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    let's get some o7s for that legendary dog

o7
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think its raining
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    You know what this website reminds me of?