binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

So i swapped some OG drifters for squeaky amazon joysticks and then for gulikit elvish set and when calibrating them i need to w8 some time before these quackers start to respond, one of them or sometimes both of them, besides that i think they are working fine should i be worried about it :D?
Worried? I’d be scared shitless. You need to get out of there asap. Leave the controllers where they are and burn your house down, stat!

Naw, dawg. If they take a sec to connect and they they are good w/ no lag or pauses after that then you’re fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93 and Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Worried? I’d be scared shitless. You need to get out of there asap. Leave the controllers where they are and burn your house down, stat!

Naw, dawg. If they take a sec to connect and they they are good w/ no lag or pauses after that then you’re fine.
Ohhh shieee i need to put down that fire!!! Ma hause !!!

Strange :D they are doing that only in calibration mode, i guess if they are working fine outside it, it is ok i mean still strange but at least they are not making noises so far.

Reactions: binkinator
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, quick question:
Do current versions of Atmosphere CFW support old versions of Switch Firmware?

Updating to a new SD card, had to rebuild my EmuNAND, but my SysNAND was still on 4.0. Now AMS won't boot and I wonder if that's the issue.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, quick question:
Do current versions of Atmosphere CFW support old versions of Switch Firmware?

Updating to a new SD card, had to rebuild my EmuNAND, but my SysNAND was still on 4.0. Now AMS won't boot and I wonder if that's the issue.

Atmosphere is backward compatible.

Did your delete your /atmosphere/contents directory? You don’t want any sysmodules installed while you work to correct this.

Are you booting w/ Hekate as your bootloader? Might want to check your burnt fuses.

You might try an older version of atmosphere and walk the firmware up to match it step at a time but you shouldn’t have to.

Last edited by binkinator,
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Atmosphere is backward compatible.

Did your delete your /atmosphere/contents directory? You don’t want any sysmodules installed while you work to correct this.

Are you booting w/ Hekate as your bootloader? Might want to check your burnt fuses.

You might try an older version of atmosphere and walk the firmware up to match it step at a time but you shouldn’t have to.
I tried to use both Hekate and directly fusee. I don't actually know how burnt fuses translate to functionality (only that it's some anti-tamper measure and stuff--) but Hekate tells me 4 out of 64 of them are burnt.

As for the /contents/ folder, I actually only deleted the boot2.flags from the modules themselves. But I'll try deleting the whole thing just in case I missed something. (which is a bit silly to say as I won't actually post this reply until I've actually done it, but shhhh)

Yeah, tried it with no /contents/ folder present whatsoever. Also deleted configuration files in case something THERE had cocked it up. No cigar either.

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Love
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
From looking at this table, I'm fairly sure that I either have the right amount of fuses or too few burnt as far as my retail sysnand firmware is concerned. Not sure if this changes something or not :S

@Edit: Just for my own peace-of-mind, I'm gonna try formatting the SD Card and starting from scratch. Setting everything up from the ground up. Will edit/post with results after.

Last edited by 3BirdsWearingATrenchcoat,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From looking at this table, I'm fairly sure that I either have the right amount of fuses or too few burnt as far as my retail sysnand firmware is concerned. Not sure if this changes something or not :S

If you are injecting Hekate the fuses won’t matter. Custom bootloader bypasses all fuse checks. See further reading in the link provided by @M4x1mumReZ

Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini
Post automatically merged:

Help needed:

Is there a way to transfer from file formatted emuMMC to partition?
Yes, check out Emutool. It will migrate from files to partition.

E: you will need to create a partition ofc. You will want to backup you SDCard to your PC and you can use Hekate to partition your SDCard with a 1x29G emunand partition. Once partitioned properly you can then restore you files and migrate your emunand.

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love
Reactions: SylverReZ
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... Wiping my SD Card and starting fresh -- Worked! I'm in again. It does kinda suck that I had to take the nuclear option cuz now I'll have to reinstall a bunch of stuff, but I _did_ make backups, so it's not hopeless.

I thank both of the people who responded for their time.

Astralogers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I am interested in getting a Switch V1 BUT will the battery life be the same as using original games/original OS (approximately 3 hours max in handheld mode) or will the time be less?

and is it mandatory to create the partitions for sysnand /emunand? I would like to use the maximum size of my SD and not stay with half used by the original OS..

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am interested in getting a Switch V1 BUT will the battery life be the same as using original games/original OS (approximately 3 hours max in handheld mode) or will the time be less?
Not an expert, but I'm fairly sure battery consumption on modded Switches isn't significantly different from unmodded ones...

... Unless you're overclocking, or like, getting a used switch that has a battery that is already janky, but that's a different story.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@3BirdsWearingATrenchcoat is correct. Modding in and of itself does essentially nothing to battery life. No more, no less.

and is it mandatory to create the partitions for sysnand /emunand? I would like to use the maximum size of my SD and not stay with half used by the original OS..

Sysnand is the eMMC chip already inside your switch. Emunand is a safety measure where you copy the data on the eMMC and create an emuMMC on the sdcard. If anything gets wild on your modded Switch, the Emunand would take the hit and you could recover using your 100% clean Sysnand. Since your Sysnand is 100% clean you will be able to dual boot and continue to go Online and play Online games.

Bottom Line: There is value in "spending" 30G of space for an Emunand.

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Holidays! I bought a Switched that came with a 512gb microsd, rcmloader, and jig 2 years ago. I haven't used this device since then. I recently ried to turn it on in the CFW mode but have been unable to. Power On + Vol Up nothing happens before my RCM Loader light with turn on for a split second. Now it does not. Did I do something wrong? Will I ever be able to boot into the CFW mode? I don't even know which CFW was being used before since I never set this up.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Holidays! I bought a Switched that came with a 512gb microsd, rcmloader, and jig 2 years ago. I haven't used this device since then. I recently ried to turn it on in the CFW mode but have been unable to. Power On + Vol Up nothing happens before my RCM Loader light with turn on for a split second. Now it does not. Did I do something wrong? Will I ever be able to boot into the CFW mode? I don't even know which CFW was being used before since I never set this up.
Have you charged up your RCM loader by connecting it to your PC with a USB-A to Micro-USB cable? It will flash white while charging. 5 mins of charge should give you enough power for a quick test.

• Love
Reactions: marhalloweenvt

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you charged up your RCM loader by connecting it to your PC with a USB-A to Micro-USB cable? It will flash white while charging. 5 mins of charge should give you enough power for a quick test.
Yes I let it charge on usb and an iphone brick for over 1 hour. I have a video I'll try to upload.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I let it charge on usb and an iphone brick for over 1 hour. I have a video I'll try to upload.

Disconnect it from the iPhone brick and plug it in to your PC and see if it opens the built in USB drive.

Also, while it’s disconnected from any power source, press the + button and hold it down for a second or so.

Does it flash to a different color?

Reactions: marhalloweenvt

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disconnect it from the iPhone brick and plug it in to your PC and see if it opens the built in USB drive.

Also, while it’s disconnected from any power source, press the + button and hold it down for a second or so.

Does it flash to a different color?
1. I can see folders
2. No light turns on when I unplug it from a power source. It only lights when plugged into something via USB-C

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In those folders, can you see any "payload.bin" in those?
Which color of LED when you press + button on dongle (when not connect to switch or charger)?
Yes I do see the payload.bin folders
1671770154757.png

The LED does not change colors when not connected to the switch or charger. The LED changes colors when connected via microUSB to the PC or to the Switch (if powered on).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All pope's start as priests many years experience making choir boys sing
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the reasons i said that you deleting your pronouns page was sad is bc when i made my account i realized there was more info when you put "en" before the "pronouns" part in the url of the website and that meant i didnt see all the info on your page, and also bc i would have added you to my circle
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Today's a shitty day
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Didnt know that.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm not really fond of using Pronouns.page tbf.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea you already told me, you didnt feel like updating often your page or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Only good use of a Fire Stick is to pirate movies. I know that the models before HD (I think) is easy to enable dev mode.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Firestick is just android until they change os
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, soooooo I'm slowly returning to Roblox and last night I played the games on that platform with a friend of mine from there who apparently missed me. Is that ok?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its ok, I'll allow it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you gift him roblox buks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although i have 14 robux (somebody gave me)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Al quit the drug industry and got into robloxbucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reject modernity, embrace tradition lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reject tradition embrace modernity
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck Thanksgiving
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Reject modesty, embrace bdsm!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: