Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard exFAT doesn't play well with homebrew (hence why I think stuff like Retroarch/Lakka won't ever support it) so maybe try experimenting with FAT32. And I guess you could try playing around with cluster size although not sure which ones would be better or worse for you.

Hey, is an overdue reply, sorry! I would use FAT32, but I can't put game files on it. I remember that I needed to pick a certain cluster size. I think I'll make a thread, asking about which cluster size I should use. I remember reading it somewhere a while ago but can't find any now.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
May have asked this before... but quick question.

I am not worried about getting banned. Wont be playing online at all.
Was just wondering, how do I update my console once banned?

bought SX Pro at launch and still havent used it... do I update the console through normal OS and then launch SX OS. or just update the console through SX OS and running "backups".
What would be the most convenient way of updating?

Again, I dont care about getting banned. Just need a convenient+safe way of updating the console once banned, without bricking the console.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bought SX Pro at launch and still havent used it... do I update the console through normal OS and then launch SX OS. or just update the console through SX OS and running "backups".

Again, I dont care about getting banned. Just need a convenient+safe way of updating the console once banned, without bricking the console.
You can update using OFW or CFW. I don't think it really matters if you don't care about being banned. Just be careful, If you use a tool such as freeshopNX or CDNSP you may get cert banned, which would block you from updating your console

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You can update from carts and there will always be updates available on the forums for download. That's how I updated to 5.1.0 from 3.0.0.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can update using OFW or CFW. I don't think it really matters if you don't care about being banned. Just be careful, If you use a tool such as freeshopNX or CDNSP you may get cert banned, which would block you from updating your console

You can update from carts and there will always be updates available on the forums for download. That's how I updated to 5.1.0 from 3.0.0.

So if a newer game has a newer update, my console would update without bricking?
Dont care about banning as mentioned :) just need to be able to play latest games.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if a newer game has a newer update, my console would update without bricking?
Dont care about banning as mentioned :) just need to be able to play latest games.
Yea as long as SXOS or whatever CFW you are using supports the new firmware. I wouldn't update until that was at least verified. And as long as you have a backup I don't think there is any way to perma-brick your switch.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a partial backup done with Hekate Ctcaer. What must i use to join the parts safely? When they're joined, there's any way to check the backup integrity prior to flashing it to the console?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That were the scripts i was trying to find, thanks! But... There's any way to check if the resulting rawnand.bin is perfect prior to restoring it?
No, you would need to extract everything and hash it against the mounted switch partitions.

Hekate verifies it, so as long as you use a hashing copier like Teracopy or Fastcopy, you can hash it from your sd card to your pc. Then the only risk point would be when joining them.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you would need to extract everything and hash it against the mounted switch partitions.

Hekate verifies it, so as long as you use a hashing copier like Teracopy or Fastcopy, you can hash it from your sd card to your pc. Then the only risk point would be when joining them.
Yes, that's what i'm worried about. In 3DS (sorry for the offtopic), in the past, for installing a CFW, you had to downgrade the console, grab a few keys, restore the NAND and install the exploit. I've bricked a 3DS XL years ago, because the NAND backup i had on my PC was corrupt (the size was the correct, but after the brick, i've seen it with HXD and it was half filled with zeros). Maybe i'm a bit paranoid, but i'll take another one just in case and problem solved :lol:.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that's what i'm worried about. In 3DS (sorry for the offtopic), in the past, for installing a CFW, you had to downgrade the console, grab a few keys, restore the NAND and install the exploit. I've bricked a 3DS XL years ago, because the NAND backup i had on my PC was corrupt (the size was the correct, but after the brick, i've seen it with HXD and it was half filled with zeros). Maybe i'm a bit paranoid, but i'll take another one just in case and problem solved :lol:.
Well I mean if you are that paranoid then mount the switch partitions, mount the rawnand, make sure everything mounts properly and compare everything with Total Commander or CHK Checksum or something.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
does the switch have a hosts file?

Mac, WIn,Linux, iOS, android etc. all have a host file that if you modify can block domains, it was something i assumed all OSes have one somewhere, but no one is talking about it as a way to block nintendo's servers

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if any of the switch tools will show you what version gamecard controller firmware is on your switch it is launched from?

Trying to see if I have been successful in AVOIDING updating my gamecard controller firmware on my 2.1.0 unit. Running 5.1.0 now with no efuses being burned in auto RCM mode, and with everything I have done, wondering if there was a way to confirm which version gamecard controller firmware it still has at this point.

Checked under console info hekate, but don't know what I am looking for if it is there.

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If i mistakenly try to install a nsp or update through tinfoil which was already installed on the system earlier, will it have dire consequences?

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any downside to doing the tinfoil method and leaving it there the whole time instead of pulling the joycon off and using a jig?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the switch have a hosts file?

Mac, WIn,Linux, iOS, android etc. all have a host file that if you modify can block domains, it was something i assumed all OSes have one somewhere, but no one is talking about it as a way to block nintendo's servers
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-fiddler-setup-guide-for-blocking-update-server.466328/
Anyone know if any of the switch tools will show you what version gamecard controller firmware is on your switch it is launched from?

Trying to see if I have been successful in AVOIDING updating my gamecard controller firmware on my 2.1.0 unit. Running 5.1.0 now with no efuses being burned in auto RCM mode, and with everything I have done, wondering if there was a way to confirm which version gamecard controller firmware it still has at this point.

Checked under console info hekate, but don't know what I am looking for if it is there.
Only way for now is by inserting a retail cartridge and seeing if it works.
If i mistakenly try to install a nsp or update through tinfoil which was already installed on the system earlier, will it have dire consequences?
Yes, you will have wasted 5 minutes of your life reinstalling a game you already own.
Is there any downside to doing the tinfoil method and leaving it there the whole time instead of pulling the joycon off and using a jig?
As long as the tinfoil doesn't break apart and get lodged in the console, tinfoil is a very effective method of inducing RCM.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone else get a lot of freezes running TegraRCMGUI? It often freezes while sending payload. Followed instructions in Darth Meteos pack for drivers etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep seeing references to fs_mitm, just wondering what the file is actually for as I often see deleting it as a solution to problems.
It enables LayeredFS
Does anyone else get a lot of freezes running TegraRCMGUI? It often freezes while sending payload. Followed instructions in Darth Meteos pack for drivers etc.
Try using TegraRCMSmash and see if the problems persist.

Reactions: BrushYourTeeh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...