Gaming Switch is great and all but..

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its best the way it is.
IF you had to look away from your main screen and touch the gamepad to switch weapons it would get you kill.
The switch is by far better then the wii u. No touch controls are needed. It easy and fast to Nav though menus and items. Game play on tv and handheld mode are the same. No new controls to learn or mess things up.

But i guess thats just me. I dont have a problem with the switch or zelda it all works great.

No way dude, it could be one touch weapon equip, and pausing the game is fake anyway. But they could pause it for the gamepad, too, if that's necessary.

Wii U gamepad is comfortable to me, and the largeness is no different than playing switch portable style. With the bonus of having a real d pad. But I think someone will make a slide in replacement for the left joycon that has d pad.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way dude, it could be one touch weapon equip, and pausing the game is fake anyway. But they could pause it for the gamepad, too, if that's necessary.

Wii U gamepad is comfortable to me, and the largeness is no different than playing switch portable style. With the bonus of having a real d pad. But I think someone will make a slide in replacement for the left joycon that has d pad.
I'm just used to having 2 screens. Wiiu/3ds

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just used to having 2 screens. Wiiu/3ds

The thing is, you don't HAVE to have two screens to have fun, but the dual screen was the whole reason d'etre for the wii u's control scheme. And they put it in, and then were told to gut it so that no potential switch buyers would get the wii u instead (or feel less than thrilled about their purchase). It was the only zelda designed for wii u, and then they gutted the special wii u functionality, a backstab to wii u supporters imo. We were supposed to feel connected to the game with our own sheikah slat, but that connection was severed by Nintendo corporate.

I'm sure I'll pick up a switch but there's gonna have to be more than a game I can already play. I would like to test out the HD rumble in zelda tho, I'm a big rumble fan and would like to see if it's better on switch.

Last edited by Gadd,

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play on a 100" 1080 p projector with home theater whitescreen with led bulb in the projector so the bulb lasts as long as normal tv sets and turns on in about 4 seconds.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the type of gimmicks that made some WiiU games really good but using the touchscreen or the in-game pause menu just end up being ultimately the same, I personally prefer pausing the screen and selecting what I want than to look down at the second screen.

I respect your opinion but I wouldn't call it the same. Due to the sheer size of Breath Of The Wild, using your map becomes a necessity. But having to keep checking it by bringing up the sub-menu is a garbage idea. An overlay would have worked better for the Switch and the use of the gamepad screen on the Wii U would have been far better. I have lost count of the amount of times I have marked a location on the map but then become somewhat disorientated by the limited size of the mini-map so have had to pause the game several times to check if I am heading in the right direction. That's one of BOTW's biggest annoyances and one which was far better designed in Wind Waker HD.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just waiting on the panasonic 65" OLED B-)
you can have a 100 inch oled tv [ a touchscreen.
I thought I would miss the 2nd screen but now that I actually have a switch I don't at all. I'm just happy I can take Zelda during a car ride, at work or while taking a good poop!
Missing the point. Still would've been better if switch had 2 units. The home unit and the switch itself. Then you could have best of both worlds. Nintendo said they combined all previous nintendo consoles on the switch but apparently not the wiiu. another missed opportunity for nintendo.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual-screen on the WiiU was a huge mistake, especially with Star Fox Zero. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe from what I've been told will not have the opponents' list items on the screen, that's kind of a downgrade while a huge upgrade.

good. there should be no item list. there is no strategy when other players can see what you have. Seeing others items needs to go.

SamTheSaminator

Seemingly excellent at doing brick to it
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm gonna miss the wiiu gamepad screen.
I hate to say it but BOTW would have been even more awesome if the switch didn't exist. Developers had to kill the gamepad functionality like inventory management ala windwaker hd.
i think the switch should have kept the same 2 unit console so as to not loose that feature.
oh well.

Maybe a future homebrew would allow us to use the Switch screen and TV at the same time with a USB extender, so like the GamePad but tethered?

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a future homebrew would allow us to use the Switch screen and TV at the same time with a USB extender, so like the GamePad but tethered?

actually there is a wireless hdmi thing I saw on youtube that supposedly works great. Seems like such a device would make the switch have the same functionality as the wii u, but with a better screen and capacitive touch! But unless nintendo releases a wireless hdmi themselves, I doubt any devs would ever use it besides independent and homebrew programmers.

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play on a 100 inch 1080p LG led projector. It's phenomenal! Not too big, the bigger the more immersive, in fact it approaches VR immersion, with comfort advantages of no headset, headaches, motion sickness etc. Not against VR but sometimes you want everyone in the room to see each other and the game for social/multiplayer games. sometimes ya may wanna vr, sometimes not, and I think a reallly big tv or movie screen is quite immersive with other benefits as well.

SamTheSaminator

Seemingly excellent at doing brick to it
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
actually there is a wireless hdmi thing I saw on youtube that supposedly works great. Seems like such a device would make the switch have the same functionality as the wii u, but with a better screen and capacitive touch! But unless nintendo releases a wireless hdmi themselves, I doubt any devs would ever use it besides independent and homebrew programmers.
That world work even better :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM