Hardware Switch gets stuck at Switch Logo upon boot. (Not M92)

Devon093

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I have a switch here that powers on, and gets stuck at the Switch Logo upon boot.

I have fixed nearly identical issues in the past by replacing the M92T36. I swapped the IC on this unit and there was not change in the issue. Before the swap, i tested voltage to pins 5 and 6 and had 3+volts, however I attempted the swap anyway.

I do not have reason to believe the switch is hacked. Motherboard model is HAC-CPU-20

Not really sure where to go from here. I am still getting the correct voltages on the new chip. I also poked around for shorts but did not find anything. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hello all,

I have a switch here that powers on, and gets stuck at the Switch Logo upon boot.

I have fixed nearly identical issues in the past by replacing the M92T36. I swapped the IC on this unit and there was not change in the issue. Before the swap, i tested voltage to pins 5 and 6 and had 3+volts, however I attempted the swap anyway.

I do not have reason to believe the switch is hacked. Motherboard model is HAC-CPU-20

Not really sure where to go from here. I am still getting the correct voltages on the new chip. I also poked around for shorts but did not find anything. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
I have the same problem with a switch. I changed the M92T36 and after Nintendo logos it remains on the black screen, so nothing has changed. It does not have auto rcm enabled. If I want to do a nand dump it makes me less raw nand where it gives me an error when it has less to finish. Suspect eMMC memory. Tomorrow I'm going to make an reballing to the eMMC to see if anything changes. Pin 5 and 6 receive 3+ volts

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in days of FW:6+ we had this issue with NAND corruption... So... people started to make NAND backups right and left...
Not sure if you can repair this issue without Nintendo help...

Reactions: FXDX

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NAND corruption? I got nand corruption according to nintendo. it was still under warranty, and it was a legit system. I was using an extension cable to get power to the system, and the extension cable's ground and other two prongs fell out when I unplugged it. now, it's a more direct connection (no extension cable). they sent me a refurbished system that I've been using about 14 months.

Reactions: FXDX

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NAND corruption? I got nand corruption according to nintendo. it was still under warranty, and it was a legit system. I was using an extension cable to get power to the system, and the extension cable's ground and other two prongs fell out when I unplugged it. now, it's a more direct connection (no extension cable). they sent me a refurbished system that I've been using about 14 months.

I had this logo issue, board was perfect no issues with any chips, lucky to be under the warranty.
lesson is before start doing any soldering check warranty...

Reactions: FXDX and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, since it's the nand, it's probably something nintendo would have to fix. the irony is that if I had hacked the system, it might've been repairable. they sent me back a refurbished system, which isn't patched. I don't play to exploit the system for a while, if ever. the one thing that pissed me off was losing those saves though, which again, would've been possible to save with checkpoint. getting all reploids in mega man x6 without them dying or going missing is what I hate the most. well, that, and the octopath traveler save (at my last chapter 4).

Reactions: FXDX and Agilato

Devon093

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, due to my motherboard model, this unit is patched and cannot be hacked correct? Which also means i could not create a nand backup either?

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I have the same problem with a switch. I changed the M92T36 and after Nintendo logos it remains on the black screen, so nothing has changed. It does not have auto rcm enabled. If I want to do a nand dump it makes me less raw nand where it gives me an error when it has less to finish. Suspect eMMC memory. Tomorrow I'm going to make an reballing to the eMMC to see if anything changes. Pin 5 and 6 receive 3+ volts
Hello guys
In the end i managed to solve the problem. The short story.
As i wrote in the above post i have a switch that after displaying Nintendo logos, only displayed black screen. I changed the M92T36 chip, but the situation did not change at all. I suspected that this is a problem with eMMC memory. I tried to do a nand dump but I got error at raw nand. I managed to do a nand dump using the Low Voltage eMMC Adapter, Transcend Card Reader and NxNandManager. That worked out well. Then I tried to do a nand restore but the surprise at raw nand, was received again error but now when writing in eMMC. I removed the eMMC memory with the hot air station and made it reball then i relapsed it again and tried again to restore the nand, but i received the same error. I realized that eMMC memory is damage and nand dump corrupted. I placed an order on https://ro.mouser.com for a new memory and replaced the original one with the problem and started the restore procedure that ran this time without any error, after that console started and passed logo Nintendo but it showed me error 2002-4364. I searched for this error and found on a forum that it is a problem with "Ums_emmc.ini" SYSTEM. I used the "Upgrading / Downgrading Manually With a PC" tutorial Step 11: Transferring SYSTEM, problem find "Contents" folder. I deleted it and did exactly what it writes in the tutorial and the console started then perfect. So the problem was not from the M92T36 chip and from the eMMC which was damage and nand dump corrupted. I hope this information will help you. I apologize for my English.

https://ro.mouser.com/ProductDetail/SanDisk/SDINBDG4-32G?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtrOYfT0mhKeUzd88m4IAQxKiYxqlSu7k0j3At%2Bni7ReA==

https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

eroare1.jpg 10.jpg aa.jpgmem.jpg eroare.jpg

Last edited by FXDX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram