Hardware Switch freezing, blue screens, red screens ideas and info

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love to be able to look back into history and see how this happened. It must have been opened before I got it. Someone be lying somewhere along the line lol.

You seem to be enjoying yourself anyway. Let's hope it has a positive result at the end lol.
Thats guaranteed its been opened.

My guess is they have removed the board to probably replace an LCD. Put it back together and bent a pin. They are very very small to see. You have to make sure you put them in dead straight. If it is right, the cable will find its own way in. Then just push it up until right in.

Best way to put the ribbon back is use your tweezers to almost curl the ribbon back a little... This will let the edge of the cable push its way in slightly when you release the tweezers. Then just tease it in.

There are tweezer marks on the ribbon too. There is no need to touch the ribbon cable like that. Lift the FPC lug and look for the edge "flaps" on the ribbon that butt up to the connector. Then tweezers either side, on the flaps either side of the connector and just hook it out on these flaps / tags whatever you want to call them. No need to pinch the cable.

This advice isn`t aimed at you! Just general observations I`ve made during the months ive been doing these pissing jobs.

Markeyx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol yeah I wasn't taking it as aimed at me. I have worked with ribbons a lot over the years (3DS LCDs are wonderful to work with) and I am quite happy to admit if I messed something up (*cough* nand chip.) But since the short was already there before I got it, I can plead my innocence on this occasion haha.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol yeah I wasn't taking it as aimed at me. I have worked with ribbons a lot over the years (3DS LCDs are wonderful to work with) and I am quite happy to admit if I messed something up (*cough* nand chip.) But since the short was already there before I got it, I can plead my innocence on this occasion haha.
3DS are a nightmare until you get the knack of them... I used to cut a cocktail stick / match down the middle and curl it round it and post it through.

Oh well... I`m determined to make it 74/74. Wouldl ike to know what the chipped IC is though. I`m thinking its a pin diode (the weird ones with a depletion layer) but we will see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!