Hacking Switch firmware 3.0.2 released.

Souloibur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, let's stop this "Shall I update" trend.

If you want Switch homebrew asap, do not update your console.

With every update, a lot of "bugs" and vulns are patched so DO NOT UPDATE.

Listen to the people who have their Switch already hacked and stop asking: https://twitter.com/daeken/status/905253065443254272

I hope this helps. And please mods delete all future "Shall I update" posts. They are all the same.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let's stop this "Shall I update" trend.

If you want Switch homebrew asap, do not update your console.

With every update, a lot of "bugs" and vulns are patched so DO NOT UPDATE.

Listen to the people who have their Switch already hacked and stop asking: https://twitter.com/daeken/status/905253065443254272

I hope this helps. And please mods delete all future "Shall I update" posts. They are all the same.
or just look at my FAQ, damn.

D

Deleted User

Well lucky me. There aren't any games I want to get, I'm moving home, and don't have the time to connect my Switch to my mobile hotspot. Won't be updating, since some seem to think that 3.0.1 might still have holes in it. 3.0.2 will surely just shore up some of those potential holes.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Actually a lot of people still missed out because the warning didn't come out in time except for "do not update" the fact that 3.0.0 had a major exploit wasn't known until a few weeks after.

this is why i updated , i think some may have known about the big bug, but there was no big 'dont update' anywhere to be seen.
up until after 3.0.1 was released for more than a week and alot of us updated, then we start to see the big 'dont update' everywhere XD

i sold my switch to a friend, will be buying a new one next week or so and put it in the closet.
3.0.1 might get the same stuff that will come for 3.0.0 and below.

but it might take double the time.

Reactions: Toni456

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 3.0.1 so no reason not to update I guess.

Ordered another switch to put in the closet and take out when/if it's time to haxx it..

Last edited by johsam,

Marxally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There will be a maintenance in a couple of days only for the screenshot system. Maybe they will activate a new feature that has been added in this update, or will patch something.

Stercate79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
b3e5a8397dc39fd3b7b8b8f70ca2a9fe.png

Well, there's hope. Thanks Cody.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a new in box switch currently on 2.3.0. Is there any chance Monster Hunter XX will be able to go online and somehow avoid updates? I figured its online might be a bit more forgiving than Splatoon, etc.

If I access internet with automatic updates disabled from System Settings, will it honor that and somehow let me connect my Nintendo Account? I'm running out of ideas here.

Last edited by Pixel Eater,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The early exploit of smhax is going to pigeonhole the Switch into a PS3-like scene, and the white hat submissions will make anything after that a pointless pursuit as the number of compromised systems available will be difficult to track or even find, and no one will want to develop entirely new tools/points of entry on ever changing workings.
We'll be lucky if it ends up as developed as the PS3 scene.

If we're unlucky, it'll be like the PS4 scene where the exploitable firmware is too early in the console's life to garner much developer or end user support, and we spend the rest of the console's life listening to a bunch of hot air from devs regarding vapourware exploits.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I've got a new in box switch currently on 2.3.0. Is there any chance Monster Hunter XX will be able to go online and somehow avoid updates? I figured its online might be a bit more forgiving than Splatoon, etc.

If I access internet with automatic updates disabled from System Settings, will it honor that and somehow let me connect my Nintendo Account? I'm running out of ideas here.
No. As soon as you try to go online, it will try to download 3.0.1. Even if you disable automatic updates, the update is still mandatory.

You cannot play Monster Hunter XX online.

Reactions: SLiV3R
D

Deleted-355425

We'll be lucky if it ends up as developed as the PS3 scene.

If we're unlucky, it'll be like the PS4 scene where the exploitable firmware is too early in the console's life to garner much developer or end user support, and we spend the rest of the console's life listening to a bunch of hot air from devs regarding vapourware exploits.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No. As soon as you try to go online, it will try to download 3.0.1. Even if you disable automatic updates, the update is still mandatory.

You cannot play Monster Hunter XX online.

3.0.2 now man!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are way too many good games coming out between now and November for me to be worried about homebrew and piracy. Nintendo and the supporting devs can take all my money, as far as I can tell they've earned it with this console. Looking at the eShop back in March to now, there are a lot of releases out there (not just talking about NeoGeo crap either), and there's a lot on the docket for the coming months as well.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem I see here, and is why I initially updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, is that there is nothing currently tangible to gain by staying on an older firmware. Even if you are on 3.0.0, to my knowledge there is nothing released that lets you take advantage of it.
I hope that changes, but asking people to say on an older firmware in the hopes that something will come out is a bit of a hard sell, especially with all the games that are to come out.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, time to update! Im not gonna be stuck offline and be stuck playing the 5 good games there are. Not interested in homebrew at this point.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simple decision to make, really. If you're impatient, want to play the latest games, want to play online, then update to the latest version and enjoy all your bought games to the fullest.

On the other hand, if you really care to eventually run homebrew on your Switch, and don't mind too much being limited in your choice of games while waiting for the hacks to come out in public, then don't update.

Personally, I don't play online, and I don't even own any games for my Switch, which is stored in the closet, sitting at 2.3.0. It can wait there for a couple years, I don't mind. I got so many games in the backlog anyway. Even if the hacks are never released, I still wouldn't care that much. When Nintendo's next console is released, if the Switch still isn't hacked, I'd just update then, and get all the best games released in it's lifespan at bargain prices by then. You can tell I'm not a "got to play that game on release day" whore. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.