Hardware Switch Features would like to see?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Its under your Nintendo user account. I don't have it in front of me, so I don't recall where exactly. But you click on your user icon and you can find it from there.
Yep. It's right there, I can't believe I've not seen this sooner.

105hrs logged on my Zelda play time and that's it for Zelda, won't be playing it again.. at least not until the new story DLC is out.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Power off option when holding controller home button.
That's something that felt very odd and still to today it feels weird that the option to fully shut it down isn't there. The Wii U Pro Controller had it, well, it used the Home Button so this is certainly an issue easy to fix for Nintendo to fix. It's not that I'd want to shut it down over the sleep mode, but the option should be there.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wake with Pro controller.
Backwards compatibility for existing official USB and bluetooth controllers.
Root :ph34r:
What do you mean wake with pro controller? I can wake my system up fine with it?

Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be nice to have it be a little more like Steam (I know it's never going to happen but it's still a nice thought).

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having games on your nnid, not the console itself
This is already a thing. You're just limited to having your Nintendo Account linked to one Switch at a time.

If you unlink your Nintendo Account from Switch A and then relink it to Switch B, you'll be able to redownload any games you purchased from that account. You will not be able to play said games on Switch A until you move the account back.

This is significantly better than Nintendo's previous setup, though still far behind e.g. Steam, which lets you authorize up to 10 computers for a single account, plus grant access to your library to up to 5 user accounts.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: -other

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is already a thing. You're just limited to having your Nintendo Account linked to one Switch at a time.

If you unlink your Nintendo Account from Switch A and then relink it to Switch B, you'll be able to redownload any games you purchased from that account. You will not be able to play said games on Switch A until you move the account back.

This is significantly better than Nintendo's previous setup, though still far behind e.g. Steam, which lets you authorize up to 10 computers for a single account, plus grant access to your library to up to 5 user accounts.
But say you lose your switch or break it. Can you remotely unlink the account?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But say you lose your switch or break it. Can you remotely unlink the account?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

If I recall you have to call Nintendo to do this. Again this stuff isn't perfect and Nintendo is still far behind. Heck we still can't import and export saves, and for what reason? to prevent hacks? get outta here with that crap Nintendo! Knowing them they'll add cloud saves but you have to pay to use it :|

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wake with Pro controller.
Root :ph34r:
actually you can wake the switch & put in sleep mode with pro controller with home button.

systemwide achievements
savegame backup / cloud saves
would be cool if was allowed to log into a cloud server like google drive, onedrive, ect to cloud save? :o

having games on your nnid, not the console itself
Also, cfw's

it puzzles me to this day why people think nintendo digital games in the past havent been linked to some sort of account?
been a thing for a while now. loose your wii or dsi, call nintendo unlink old wii or dsi shop channel stuff, link new wii or dsi shop channel stuff,. re download software.
loose 3ds or wiiu? call Nintendo unlink old 3ds or wiiu, link newer 3ds or wiiu, redownload software.
just with wiiu & eventually 3ds you gave them your nnid, back with wii/dsi you gave email info that linked to wii shop/dsi shop?
now with switch theirs user id & like previously if ever lost, just call, unlink old, relink new, redownload.

how can i confirm this? i had a housefire back in 2010, lost wii & dsi. after obtaining replacements of dsi & wii. called nintendo, relinked, & redownloaded everything free.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Switch Dock with Hardware HDMI Upscale to 4K/60, Marseilleinc makes hardware upscalers integrated into HDMI cables (yes they are that small), I use them for my PS3 (in 720p) connect to my 1080p monitor.

These upscale HDMI cables are very expensive now (I got them for really cheap), they are much better than the average TV's built in upscaler and are equivalent if not better than the best TV on the market (4K) built in upscalers in image quality with no input lag (1ms).

These can easily be integrated into the Switch Dock and still enhance the picture in 1080p source (I also use one for my Switch connected to my 1080p monitor), no need for more powerful chipset in the Switch to do 4K if Nintendo does not want to go that route this early.

Link: http://www.marseilleinc.com/

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Data management.

Also, Gamecube controller compatibility. I'd say Blu-ray, but there are zero discs for this system.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually you can wake the switch & put in sleep mode with pro controller with home button.

That's the thing I would like to be able to actually turn it on and off when docked like when it's in handheld mode, I us the sleep mode but I would prefer a full shutdown when the system is out of use for extensive periods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello