Hardware Switch cleaning / Noisy fan

IlBelTia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, recently my Switch started running its fan very loudly, even when It has just been switched on. I fear that the cause would be that a lot of dust has accumulated inside the console, and that this could damage it. Does anyone have the same problem? Do you think my supposition is right, and that I shoud worry about it? Anyway, I'm afraid I don't feel confident at all about tearing apart my console... What am I supposed to do? Thank you very much for your answers.

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, recently my Switch started running its fan very loudly, even when It has just been switched on. I fear that the cause would be that a lot of dust has accumulated inside the console, and that this could damage it. Does anyone have the same problem? Do you think my supposition is right, and that I shoud worry about it? Anyway, I'm afraid I don't feel confident at all about tearing apart my console... What am I supposed to do? Thank you very much for your answers.
It is 6 screws or so to get back plate of and then a few more to take the shield of. I replaced my thermal paste a few months ago and realisticly it didn't do anything. I replaced mine with noctuas n1 or something I've used it in my last 2 gaming builds but didn't really improve over stock. V1 is just really a unoptimised chip for heat. Fixed all these issues in v2.

Reactions: r5xscn

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with my Switch, i ended up replacing the fan and now it's as quiet as the day i bought it.

Really simple process.

Skickat från min SM-G998B via Tapatalk

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My ver1 Switch was also getting hot and loud fan noises so I just open up the back cover did some cleaning with a brush and use a powerful electric blower to get rid of the dust in the system and it now runs much quieter and cooler. If u are afraid of damaging the internal components like me just do what I did.

IlBelTia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if you think it's easy enough, I could take in consideration the possibility to try by myself... Could you then suggest me a good noob proof guide and/or video that show clearly the process? Thank you

Crazy-S

Pessimist
Trophies
Website
dasbutterschnitzel.com
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    The problem with X party blocked X bill that would have prevented X is that yes the bill probably would have worked great, buuuttt they put XYZDCBG in said bill as an attempt to sneak things in that tend to be completely unrelated to the original bills intent. It sucks because if they would just do a single thing they could probably get something done...
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The problem with X party blocked X bill that would have prevented X is that yes the bill...