switch boot.dat error

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is it before you installed any pirated game?
Hi, my sd card is having some issue so planning to format it and do a clean install. If i restore the previous nand backup that i backed up before any games, then transfer all my files back to the newly formatted card, will i lost my games saves?

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes, backup your save
Im having trouble to boot to CFW as my emummc hidden partition seems like corrupted. I only able to copy all the files to pc, is there a way to backup the game saves from the files that i copied?
Post automatically merged:

By the way, previously my setup was triple boot (cfw, android ,L4T) it works fine until I downloaded gparted on L4T, then when i open the app, there is a prompt to fix something about the partition. And this happened 😭😭 anyway to fix this?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having trouble to boot to CFW as my emummc hidden partition seems like corrupted. I only able to copy all the files to pc, is there a way to backup the game saves from the files that i copied?

By the way, previously my setup was triple boot (cfw, android ,L4T) it works fine until I downloaded gparted on L4T, then when i open the app, there is a prompt to fix something about the partition. And this happened 😭😭 anyway to fix this?

I don't really have experience with l4t or android on the switch, seem like you mess up your hidden partition sx os emunand.

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't really have experience with l4t or android on the switch, seem like you mess up your hidden partition sx os emunand.
Thanks for the quick response. Is there a way to backup the game saves from the data that i transferred to the pc since im unable to boot to cfw?

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

I manage to fix this. I check the file system, gparted converted my sd to GPT thats why hekate does not recognise the emummc hidden partition.

My fix:-
On Hekate, go to Tools> Partition SD Card> Fix Hybrid MBR

That’s it. Once converted from GPT back to MBR, everything works like normal

Reactions: Hayato213

junglizste

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this error an tried everything to fix it. I finally opened it up and discovered that the SD reader board cable was not fully seated. snapped it back in and stuck a new piece of foam on top and everything is working perfectly again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked