Switch Atmosphere 14.1.1 problem

StraTTtheRipper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used daybreak to update my emmc firmware to 14.1.1 like I always do. I updated atmosphere, sig patches, hekate & fusee. All of the games I had on my Switch are now gone. If I put the micro sd card in my computer, the games are still there but they are not showing up as installed on my system for some reason. Any suggestions? Games are installed on emmc.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used daybreak to update my emmc firmware to 14.1.1 like I always do. I updated atmosphere, sig patches, hekate & fusee. All of the games I had on my Switch are now gone. If I put the micro sd card in my computer, the games are still there but they are not showing up as installed on my system for some reason. Any suggestions? Games are installed on emmc.
Please share the contents of your hekate_ipl.ini.
Do you recall making changes to this file?

Same queries for your /emuMMC/emummc.ini…

e: what versions of Atmos/Hekate were you on before?

MrNatto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also used daybreak to update atmosphere, and hekate...then I manually updated the sigs and fusee...except I got an fusee error booting into Atmosphere. I copied an older firmware build onto my sd until I can figure out how to update so I can play games on 14.1 firmwware.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also used daybreak to update atmosphere, and hekate...then I manually updated the sigs and fusee...except I got an fusee error booting into Atmosphere. I copied an older firmware build onto my sd until I can figure out how to update so I can play games on 14.1 firmwware.
Most folks who follow this guide are able to get up and running in short order:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: impeeza

StraTTtheRipper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the problem and fixed it. Turns out I installed the wrong driver variant when I used daybreak. Copied everything from my card to pc, formatted to fat 32, copied everything back and now it's good. So everyone ease remember when using daybreak to update your firmware that you install the correct driver variant!

Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I found the problem and fixed it. Turns out I installed the wrong driver variant when I used daybreak. Copied everything from my card to pc, formatted to fat 32, copied everything back and now it's good. So everyone ease remember when using daybreak to update your firmware that you install the correct driver variant!
Cool, sometimes that happen, great to have the record here.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: binkinator

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say its always best to choose exfat + fat32 option, this way you're prepared for either fat32 or exfat. There's no downside for installing both. The only "downside" is nintendo's exfat driver sucks for homebrew which usually leads to sd corruption at some point or another.

Ever since my second sd corruption on exfat, I swapped to fat32 and I still select fat32 + exfat when updating firmware

funtimez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied my sd card to another so I can do a switchroot install but every time I try to boot up I get the boot.dat error. Not sure why since I literally copied the contents from the original sd card to a new one. I can put the original in and atmosphere boots just fine. both are fat32, any help would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol