Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes I read through several threads thats how I got svdt installed and how I got PKhex installed but I cant figure out how to properly use them the tutorials I read here and on reddit were not clear enough for me to get it working. I figured out how to edit the save but I cant figure out how to get the changes to save back into svdt and than how to get them back into the game.
I understood your point. now svdt folder is on your sdcard right?

so, copy your edited saves to somewhere on your sdcard.

then launch svdt. and read carefully bottom screen.

its explain how to restore delete backup your saves to your cartridge or where the saves exist before.

I also confused before but when I read bottom screen really carefully I figured out how to use it.

Reactions: cearp and Shrykull

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understood your point. now svdt folder is on your sdcard right?

so, copy your edited saves to somewhere on your sdcard.

then launch svdt. and read carefully bottom screen.

its explain how to restore delete backup your saves to your cartridge or where the saves exist before.

I also confused before but when I read bottom screen really carefully I figured out how to use it.
I did I opened the game with svdt so it dumped the saves into a folder called svdt in the root. Than I opened the file named main using PKhex and added a few inventory items and a few pokemon. I saved and overwrote the old main file in the svdt folder. Than I relaunched svdt in homebrew and this is where I always get lost. It says push y to copy folders. I push y, it says files copied but when I open the game none of the changes I made appear in game. Does anyone know of a video tutorial for svdt? Im on the last step and cannot figure out how to get it to work.

Last edited by Shrykull,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did I opened the game with svdt so it dumped the saves into a folder called svdt in the root. Than I opened the file named main using PKhex and added a few inventory items and a few pokemon. I saved and overwrote the old main file in the svdt folder. Than I relaunched svdt in homebrew and this is where I always get lost. It says push y to copy folders. I push why it says files copied but when I open the game none of the changes I made appear in game. Does anyone know of a video tutorial for svdt? Im on the last step and cannot figure out how to get it to work.
You need to place the cursor onto your modified main, THEN press Y. It will ask you to confirm with select that you want to overwrite the old main file, so do it.

The bottom screen actually says that you can transfer a folder by pressing Y while on the ".." line on the top screen, but if you do so you don't overwrite your game's main so your changes don't register.

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to place the cursor onto your modified main, THEN press Y. It will ask you to confirm with select that you want to overwrite the old main file, so do it.

The bottom screen actually says that you can transfer a folder by pressing Y while on the ".." line on the top screen, but if you do so you don't overwrite your game's main so your changes don't register.
Ok Im trying this again. I believe I already did this I highlighted main on the left side and it copied and simply appeared beneath the other files and folders in the root.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok Im trying this again. I believe I already did this I highlighted main on the left side and it copied and simply appeared beneath the other files and folders in the root.

Once you edited it with PKHex, copy it back anywhere on your SD card and do the same except this time you go to the right panel and choose your edited main. Y, Select and you can launch your game again !

Reactions: Shrykull

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you edited it with PKHex, copy it back anywhere on your SD card and do the same except this time you go to the right panel and choose your edited main. Y, Select and you can launch your game again !
Ok when I am finished editing the save in PKHex I use "Export SAV" to save the changes and overwrite "main"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

YES thank you i got it working finally! You sir are a god!

Now I just need a guide for how to properly set a specific pokemons information in PKHex like the attacks, game they originated from, and stats. for example I want to add charmander and bulbasaur but I need to properly set there information in PKHex so I can use them when I fight my friend on his 3ds.

Last edited by Shrykull,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok when I am finished editing the save in PKHex I use "Export SAV" to save the changes and overwrite "main"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

YES thank you i got it working finally! You sir are a god!

Now I just need a guide for how to properly set a specific pokemons information in PKHex like the attacks, game they originated from, and stats. for example I want to add charmander and bulbasaur but I need to properly set there information in PKHex so I can use them when I fight my friend on his 3ds.
You're welcome !

I'm sorry, I did do a french tutorial about pkhex on another website but I don't know where you can find an English one.

As I'm definitely not going to do a full tutorial here, all I can do is give you a tip : just make sure everything makes sense. You should look on the websites of your choice and learn how game mechanics work in detail (like reproduction, egg hatching,...), and check every time you edit a pokemon that you're not giving moves it can't learn, unmatching regions, invalid origin,...

Be really careful as Nintendo will ban you from online competition if they find out you're using edited pokemons.

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome !

I'm sorry, I did do a french tutorial about pkhex on another website but I don't know where you can find an English one.

As I'm definitely not going to do a full tutorial here, all I can do is give you a tip : just make sure everything makes sense. You should look on the websites of your choice and learn how game mechanics work in detail (like reproduction, egg hatching,...), and check every time you edit a pokemon that you're not giving moves it can't learn, unmatching regions, invalid origin,...

Be really careful as Nintendo will ban you from online competition if they find out you're using edited pokemons.
Ok good to know. What about just fighting with my friends? Also it wont let me trade a pokemon that does not pass the check correct? So I could test to see if they are ok by trying to trade them to my friend?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok good to know. What about just fighting with my friends? Also it wont let me trade a pokemon that does not pass the check correct? So I could test to see if they are ok by trying to trade them to my friend?

Fighting with your friends or on unranked battles is fine, but disable the automatic game sync, else it will send your savedata to Nintendo every time you connect to the IG internet.

A pokemons you can trade isn't necessarily one you can use online, as only heavily-hacked pokemons don't pass the trading test when the online filter is more sensitive.
I used to try engaging online (ranked) battles to check my pokemons (a message is displayed when registering your team if something is wrong with it), but now with Nintendo's banhammer I'm not sure this is a good idea anymore. I've got no idea how to safely test a pokemon's legitimacy atm.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to NOT lose my Fantasy Life savegame so I copied the SD contents to PC. Now I would like to extract the save from the SD card in order to use it on a different console in case my 3DS dies someday. SVDT is the way to go for that, right?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really want to NOT lose my Fantasy Life savegame so I copied the SD contents to PC. Now I would like to extract the save from the SD card in order to use it on a different console in case my 3DS dies someday. SVDT is the way to go for that, right?
If it's a cartridge the savefile isn't stored on SD. If it's an eshop game it is but the SD content is encrypted by the console so it's not readable directly (otherwise svdt would be useless).

Idk anything about this game, but if you want to keep a backup save you need to export it with svdt first, then you can import it on any other console using svdt again.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, then svdt is my solution! it is a cartridge game, BUT is stores the save on SD! I found out by trying to play it on another 3DS and NOT having my save with me. It is definitely stored on the 3DS.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
by the way if the save is stored on extdata you can export import your save using extdata_tool.
but make empty save first on other console before restore.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by supercarotte,

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You mean svdt ? It's to make backups of your save, transfer saves between console or edit your save (given that the way to edit a particular game's save is known).
So, does that also mean that we can inject a Header "1" game save file on a Header "2" game considering both are same games?

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get this working for GBA VC games? My saves for my GBA Ambassador games are on my EmuNAND, but since GBA VC titles load from SysNAND all my saves are gone :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one