Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

arbalest876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a problem when use svdt(the latest one) to backup card games of JPN Version.
Most JPN games' titles are Japnanese.In svdt,it can't display correctly,then I can't backup the saves,the error code is d900458b.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out why my .cia games are not showing up when I use svdt. I used the Dpad and joystick to scroll through the target titles but only system titles are listed and no .cia I installed are in the list when I scroll through them. If I boot into sysnand I only See FBI and Syupdater, but iF i use RxTools to boot into emunand I see FBI/Sysupdater and all my .cias I installed. Are the .cia games suppposed to show up in both sysnand and emunand as I'm thinking they are so svdt can see them from a cold boot? If that's the case do I have to boot to sysnand and install the .cia games via FBI also?

1. Using O3ds on sysnand and emunand 9.2.20u
2. Using latest homebrew launcher via themehax
3. using latest svdt from repo and in folder /3ds/svdt with all 4 files including the icon.png
4. Using themehax to boot into Homebrew Launcher then launching svdt from there
5. I have done the tutorial for Bravely default and saved and the same with mario kart 8. If I go into title/00xxxx/ I can see the 0000001.save file so it's there
6. I tried copying the 0000001.save file to root of my sdcard but svdt is still not seeing the saves
7. Tried using save manager as well with the same results with no .cia games being shown in the title target list

Shadowxp13

*don't have anything to put here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to copy the save from my 3dsxl sysnand to og 3ds emunand

But after overwrite the save on og 3ds it got corrupted
When you start new game they give you Client number that is connected to your system
Maybe this is way when you put new save with different client number it will be corrupted
This client number is only for identifying you at nintendo's support AFAIK, the only value that can "corrupt" an save is the secure value.
The only number "connected" to the system is the secure value.

Last edited by Shadowxp13,

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to edit my Omega Ruby save file through PKHEX. After I complete my changes and overwrite the save file I boot up the 3ds, go to homebrew then svdt. As it loads I hold the right shoulder button and receive some sort of notification that says "Emergency 'something' invoked". Obviously I also have the svdt_inject folder in the root of my sdcard. Still when I load my save, none of the changes can be seen. Is there any other way of overwriting the save data through svdt. I've heard mentions of pressing 'Y'. I though can't seem to replicate that. I am using sysnand 7.2 and emunand 10.3. Thanks

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've been trying to edit my Omega Ruby save file through PKHEX. After I complete my changes and overwrite the save file I boot up the 3ds, go to homebrew then svdt. As it loads I hold the right shoulder button and receive some sort of notification that says "Emergency 'something' invoked". Obviously I also have the svdt_inject folder in the root of my sdcard. Still when I load my save, none of the changes can be seen. Is there any other way of overwriting the save data through svdt. I've heard mentions of pressing 'Y'. I though can't seem to replicate that. I am using sysnand 7.2 and emunand 10.3. Thanks

wait. why not just inject the save like normal?

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the homebrew launcher and what not on my daughters ds so oshe can try pkhex on Pokemon. Sadly the moment I try to open SVDT it just goes black on top screen and red on bottom. Am I missing anything?
This is a new 3ds, latest firmware, via homemenuhax.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the homebrew launcher and what not on my daughters ds so oshe can try pkhex on Pokemon. Sadly the moment I try to open SVDT it just goes black on top screen and red on bottom. Am I missing anything?
This is a new 3ds, latest firmware, via homemenuhax.
what specific game are you trying to use it on?

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what specific game are you trying to use it on?
Pokemon Omega Ruby. However it did the same behave without any game in the slot.
I tried savemanager and that seems to load up a prompt first asking which game to export from.

I just want to confirm, save data is on the cart itself and then we have to extract it to edit, correct? I've just seen more recommendations for SVDT and want to take a look at it.

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me with this? I have gotten to the point where I have svdt installed and I have PKHex. I cant quite figure out how to use svdt though. I managed to get my game saves for Pokemon Omega Ruby to appear in the svdt folder, I managed to open it with PKHex and edit it but now I cannot figure out how to save the edited changes and reimport the edited save into the game for use. Can someone please help me?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone please help me with this? I have gotten to the point where I have svdt installed and I have PKHex. I cant quite figure out how to use svdt though. I managed to get my game saves for Pokemon Omega Ruby to appear in the svdt folder, I managed to open it with PKHex and edit it but now I cannot figure out how to save the edited changes and reimport the edited save into the game for use. Can someone please help me?
I am still not quite sure how to use svdt either I could really use some instructions on how to properly use svdt with PkHex to edit and get the save back into the game. Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial on using these two to edit pokemon omega ruby and pokemon x saves?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am still not quite sure how to use svdt either I could really use some instructions on how to properly use svdt with PkHex to edit and get the save back into the game. Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial on using these two to edit pokemon omega ruby and pokemon x saves?
afaik this forum has many many tutorials for pokemon save editing and dump saves.

Are you really read other thread before? I dont think so.

Shrykull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik this forum has many many tutorials for pokemon save editing and dump saves.

Are you really read other thread before? I dont think so.
Yes I read through several threads thats how I got svdt installed and how I got PKhex installed but I cant figure out how to properly use them the tutorials I read here and on reddit were not clear enough for me to get it working. I figured out how to edit the save but I cant figure out how to get the changes to save back into svdt and than how to get them back into the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/4Z-enjtn7t0?si=JxP181zLddGOC9jQ