Hacking Supercard MiniSD issue!

Mistah Spoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought Supercard MiniSD in Amazon quite a while ago.. long enough that I can't return it. Anyway, I bought a Kingston Micro to MiniSD adapter. Then, I bought a 4GB Micro SDHC Toshiba 4 that is FAT32. I download the patcher, put in the roms, eject the micro SD, put it in the mini SD adapter, put the adapter in the Supercard, and yet it gives me "Cannot find SD. Please turn off GBA." I turn on the diagnostics to get these messages:
Test SRAM | Test sdram | Test flash | Test SD/MMC | Now SC Version:1.85
--SRAM ok! | sdram ok! | flash id ok!| SD/MMC error: |
------------------------------------ flash ok! | error code:03 |

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
most likely super card for slot 2 doesnt' support SDHC, you probably need to get a 2 gb card for it
either that or doesn't support FAT32...
try to format with FAT16

these old cards need this "special rules" since thye are from an era where MINI sd was a thing and cards bigger than 1-2 GB were compared to todays 128GB-256GB cards

PS: try to find somehwere in your house probably you can find somewhere an old NON HC card (2 gb or less) to test it...

BTW, i am surprised you could (and probably still can) get flashcarts from Amazon

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There's EZ-FLASH IV in Amazon as well for double the price. I might get it, because it is overall better than Supercard.
May I suggest a ever drive gba?
https://krikzz.com/store/home/42-everdrive-gba-x5.html
Loading in 1 2 seconds, easy swappable battery, no patching needed at all (just drag and drop the ROMS)
It's expensive but the best card for gba
It even has Rtc for Pokémon games and boktai and others which use it

With ez IV you need to patch the ROMS, games of 32 MB must be writes to the nor which takes a few minutes. However It's much better choice than super card

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep, the SC miniSD doesn't support SDs bigger than 2GBs.

Also, it's a terrible terrible card for GBA games.

EverDrive X5 or EZ-Flash IV if on a budget ;)

Mistah Spoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I suggest a ever drive gba?
https://krikzz.com/store/home/42-everdrive-gba-x5.html
Loading in 1 2 seconds, easy swappable battery, no patching needed at all (just drag and drop the ROMS)
It's expensive but the best card for gba
I'm honestly fine with the EZ-Flash IV. Patching roms isn't that grueling, and I can wait for the rom to load. All I request is to be playable. I also am not a big fan of Pokemon, even though it is a big hit on the GBA.

Reactions: migles

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
dont know about the ez-flash, but on SC there is total dubious rom patching required (i still dont get the deeper meaning behind that crap chinese patcher) and if that is not enough, due to cheap hardware the SC has serious speed problems when playing games. so serious that there is a fricking slowdown in gameplay!!! even the older F2A didnt have slowdowns. looking forward when i finally can afford a everdrive x5.

btw: has anyone tried the x5 in gc game boy player? does it work? if yes, how is the video output? is the aspect ratio stretched or pixel-perfect?

sorry if this question is kinda offtopic ;)

Mistah Spoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know about the ez-flash, but on SC there is total dubious rom patching required (i still dont get the deeper meaning behind that crap chinese patcher) and if that is not enough, due to cheap hardware the SC has serious speed problems when playing games. so serious that there is a fricking slowdown in gameplay!!! even the older F2A didnt have slowdowns. looking forward when i finally can afford a everdrive x5.

btw: has anyone tried the x5 in gc game boy player? does it work? if yes, how is the video output? is the aspect ratio stretched or pixel-perfect?

sorry if this question is kinda offtopic ;)
I've given up on flashcarts, I recently got CFW and a GBA VC injector for my 3DS. Oh, I do have a game boy player, but not x5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill