Problem with the Supercard GBA sd/mmc test

Stgdm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello every one !
I just got a Supercard for my GBA and just noticed a problem (i found similar topics but none were on my exact issue).
When I start a diagnostic by pressing L+R here is the result :
———————
Test SRAM
SRAM ok !

Test sdram
sdram ok !

Test flash
flash id ok !
flash ok !

Test SD/MMC
SD/MMC ok!
not find test file (???)

Now SC version:1.85
———————

I don’t understand why I have this error, if u know how I can fix it let me know !

Thx

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't expect many replies; here there is an entrenched (and mostly unwarranted) prejudice circulating toward this flashcard.
Other than this firmware diagnosis procedure, you haven't told us if your flashcard is working properly. Other than what you wrote, do you have any other problems with it?

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like it might not be able to read the SD card. I believe these don’t support SDHC, so make sure you are using a 2GB or smaller SD card.

Stgdm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't expect many replies; here there is an entrenched (and mostly unwarranted) prejudice circulating toward this flashcard.
Other than this firmware diagnosis procedure, you haven't told us if your flashcard is working properly. Other than what you wrote, do you have any other problems with it?
My flash card is almost working properly, I can play generally normaly but :

1) I cant open the « loaded » game (white screen), i always have to charge it

2) I have complications when i want to save. I cant save with the normal mode, just with the real time mode but for some games it is not working as it should. For example with pokemon emerald, when i load my real Time save i get a black screen and i have to change of room to get back the image (but sometimes i just cant save near a door so its annoying).
Post automatically merged:

Seems like it might not be able to read the SD card. I believe these don’t support SDHC, so make sure you are using a 2GB or smaller SD card.
I use a 2gb sd card in FAT format, it seems its working bécasse i can play games

Reactions: Nikokaro

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Supercard Slot-2 series has always been a budget solution for GBA, so...Some issues are to be expected.
Recently I bought a knackered Supercard CF out of curiosity, but it has difficulty backing up the save file (be it normal or real time). The only method that worked for me was to back up the save file manually upon rebooting the console. Strangely, the aforementioned issue can't be reproduced with my Supercard SD/MiniSD. At the moment, I can only suspect that some of these cards are duds, or even dead on arrival.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1