Hardware Supercard dstwo

Emrage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello I want to buy a supercard dstwo so i can play gba,gbc,ds games on my 3ds but my problem is i can't find it anywhere I live in the netherlands so if you have any good link where it ships to the netherlands could you please post it here? And can someone please link me to a new tutorial on how to use it with working download links so i can use it when i bought it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello I want to buy a supercard dstwo so i can play gba,gbc,ds games on my 3ds but my problem is i can't find it anywhere I live in the netherlands so if you have any good link where it ships to the netherlands could you please post it here? And can someone please link me to a new tutorial on how to use it with working download links so i can use it when i bought it.

supercards "stopped being made"
so they are getting really rare and prices are going up crazy... if you don't mind paying ~90 euros for one i can show you some places

however. keep in mind you can buy a cheap r4 (prices can be just a few euros, but the good ones are 14€)
an r4 can play GBC, DS games, NES games.. just like a dstwo..
the bad part is it can't play gba or SNES games (the emulator for gba is really limited and compatibility bad)

Emrage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
supercards "stopped being made"
so they are getting really rare and prices are going up crazy... if you don't mind paying ~90 euros for one i can show you some places

however. keep in mind you can buy a cheap r4 (prices can be just a few euros, but the good ones are 14€)
an r4 can play GBC, DS games, NES games.. just like a dstwo..
the bad part is it can't play gba or SNES games (the emulator for gba is really limited and compatibility bad)

Can you link me to a good working r4 card and tutorial on it?

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Can you link me to a good working r4 card and tutorial on it?

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

this is the cart from the good brand, please note the website on the sticker. and how the package looks like

that website is china based, ships worldwide, it can take a month to deliver.. but its trusted
feel free to look into other shops, but make sure its the exact same card.

there is literally hundreds of r4 cards, all from diferent websites\clones\fakes whatever..
they are cheaper and work just like the card i showed to you...
some of them are older and blocked, thats the ones you must avoid..

basically, if a card works with 3ds firmware 7.1 or above, it will work with 9.6, even in a N3ds, nintendo stopped blocking cards at 7.1 (or 6.something, dont remember exactly) firmware...

Emrage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

this is the cart from the good brand, please note the website on the sticker. and how the package looks like

that website is china based, ships worldwide, it can take a month to deliver.. but its trusted
feel free to look into other shops, but make sure its the exact same card.

there is literally hundreds of r4 cards, all from diferent websites\clones\fakes whatever..
they are cheaper and work just like the card i showed to you...
some of them are older and blocked, thats the ones you must avoid..

basically, if a card works with 3ds firmware 7.1 or above, it will work with 9.6, even in a N3ds, nintendo stopped blocking cards at 7.1 (or 6.something, dont remember exactly) firmware...

Do you also have a tutorial on how to use them on the 3ds and are you sure that that 1 will work?

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do you also have a tutorial on how to use them on the 3ds and are you sure that that 1 will work?

it will work, tutorial, you just search on youtube or something..

the setup is just, get a micro sd card, put files on the card, put the games you want inside a folder of your choice and launch the games..

for GBC games, you need gameyob (it is a app, it works just like a DS game) http://gbatemp.net/threads/gameyob-a-gameboy-emulator-for-ds.343407/

for reference: website of the card i showed to you: http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm
you just have to download a zip file, unzip into the micro sd and done..

KEEP IN MIND: they made a new card (r4i gold 3ds deluxe edition) THIS CARD IS FOR 3DS CONSOLES WITH 4.5 FIRMWARE and is for play 3ds games...
THE CARD I SHOWED YOU, WORKS WITH EVERY FIRMWARE AND PLAYS DS GAMES\HOMEBREW

Emrage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

the setup is just, get a micro sd card, put files on the card, put the games you want inside a folder of your choice and launch the games..

for GBC games, you need gameyob (it is a app, it works just like a DS game) http://gbatemp.net/threads/gameyob-a-gameboy-emulator-for-ds.343407/

for reference: website of the card i showed to you: http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm

KEEP IN MIND: they made a new card (r4i gold 3ds deluxe edition) THIS CARD IS FOR 3DS CONSOLES WITH 4.5 FIRMWARE and is for play 3ds games...

Thank you!!

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wait, the r4i gold 3ds de is made by the real r4 team?

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That card is really hard to find. I have had no luck finding one. I wanted to get one as a backup for the two that I have. You may want to wait for the new DSTWO PLUS card that will be coming out. Will play both DS and 3DS games. As far as a tutorial goes, if you do find a card, go the the nintendo ds forums here on gbatemp and there is a tutorial for the dstwo there.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
how many cards did the original R4 team make? did they make the R4i, too? or is that another team. exactly, how many R4 teams are/were there? who was the first R4i team?

i think thye just did the first, then the clones appeared and other teams updated it.
but i dont really know.. maybe a gbatemper that is here since the old days can answer

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
how many cards did the original R4 team make? did they make the R4i, too? or is that another team. exactly, how many R4 teams are/were there? who was the first R4i team?
i think thye just did the first, then the clones appeared and other teams updated it.
but i dont really know.. maybe a gbatemper that is here since the old days can answer
afaik the original r4 team only ever released the first R4 card (the one with the 2gb limit that only worked on the DS/DSlite), then they got popular Nintendo went on the rampage against NDS flashcards, Chinese teams cloned the S!*t out of them to the point there was about 200 different branded R4, the original card makers seemed to pack up shop and disappear into the dark never to be heard from again

eventually the r4ids.cn team seemed to survive the clone wars and carry on after most of the other clones bit the dust thanks to about 30 revisions of their cards to keep them in the game after each one was blocked.......its not that their card was any better than the rest, but they had support from wood r4 officially so they tended to be the most updated of the R4 branded cards and people started to accept them as the "original" devs despite them just being the longest surviving clone, then they stuck to their tried and tested method of cloning and tried to clone gateway....that didn't end so well and they kinda ruined their standing.

and thats the history of the R4 name (and how it was killed by clones wanting a piece of the pie), pretty much any random string of words you can think of was a real R4 clone at some point....right down to R4 snoopy edition :blink:....because...well every other name had been used i assume :rofl:

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik the original r4 team only ever released the first R4 card (the one with the 2gb limit that only worked on the DS/DSlite), then they got popular Nintendo went on the rampage against NDS flashcards, Chinese teams cloned the S!*t out of them to the point there was about 200 different branded R4, the original card makers seemed to pack up shop and disappear into the dark never to be heard from again

eventually the r4ids.cn team seemed to survive the clone wars and carry on after most of the other clones bit the dust thanks to about 30 revisions of their cards to keep them in the game after each one was blocked.......its not that their card was any better than the rest, but they had support from wood r4 officially so they tended to be the most updated of the R4 branded cards and people started to accept them as the "original" devs despite them just being the longest surviving clone, then they stuck to their tried and tested method of cloning and tried to clone gateway....that didn't end so well and they kinda ruined their standing.

and thats the history of the R4 name (and how it was killed by clones wanting a piece of the pie), pretty much any random string of words you can think of was a real R4 clone at some point....right down to R4 snoopy edition :blink:....because...well every other name had been used i assume :rofl:
Thank you. Now I can bore my friend with my newfound useless knowledge! I'm going to go buy an R4 XL Lite ONE + boy Extra special 1337 360i Deluxe edition! Also, if all the other cards died, how can I still buy a ton of them? Is it just that no one bought them yet so they didn't go out of stock? And finally.... How the R4ids.cn team get wood R4 support? Or are they just that good at cloning? Also, I feel they should either get rid of the whole R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition thing, or update it... The least they could do is create a "new team" for it on a different website. Maybe R4iG3DSDE.cn?

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you. Now I can bore my friend with my newfound useless knowledge! I'm going to go buy an R4 XL Lite ONE + boy Extra special 1337 360i Deluxe edition! Also, if all the other cards died, how can I still buy a ton of them? Is it just that no one bought them yet so they didn't go out of stock? And finally.... How the R4ids.cn team get wood R4 support? Or are they just that good at cloning? Also, I feel they should either get rid of the whole R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition thing, or update it... The least they could do is create a "new team" for it on a different website. Maybe R4iG3DSDE.cn?

well, last year (2014) i saw there was still 1 DS LITE on the shelf of a mediamarkt store (a big electronics store like best buy)
i saw that one console in same spots for 2 years... (it was the only one and it was pink, i dont belive there was others) this year i still didnt checked if its still there..
all i know is the price was not that good compared to being surrounded with 3ds\2ds\3dsXL consoles

so yeah. this stores got stock that is not sold, whith thousans of diferent r4 cards, unless they throw the cards to the trash or give away, they got stock..

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

true, but the r4 was a simple clone of m3 simply :P. with inscratchin a bridge on the first r4 mobo you could convert it to a m3 simply (if i remeber correctly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel