Hardware Supercard DSTWO - save states don't work for DS games?

scubamage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO System: 1.11
DSTWO Firmware: 1.25
3DS FW: 7.1.0.14

Hey everyone. I am running into an interesting issue and am wondering if anyone else has encountered it. This is for the latest firmware and EOS. When I run a DS game with my DSTWO, it loads just fine. I can make a save state, and then load it with no problem - so long as I don't turn off the console. However, if I exit out of the game to the home screen or turn off the console, and then open the same DS game and try to load the save state, the save state "partially" loads. The top screen of my 3DS XL shows properly, however the bottom screen only shows a small square of color near the center; otherwise it remains black.

I have tested this with Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon as well as Super Mario 64 DS, both have the same behavior.

It's not a huge problem, I just rely on the normal save system for when i actually have to shut off the handheld/exit the game, and use savestates for interim saving (midway through a battle when I am about to do something risky).

Here is what it looks like:
2014_01_01_13_34_10.jpg

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also noticed this problem with a few games. It seems to be an issue with the sprites not loading back into memory properly, but usually if I just reload the state over and over again it eventually works. Lifesigns Surgical Unit is notorious for this if you try to do save states during an operation or at the main map screen. Trying to do Save states in Star Fox Command however seems outright impossible, I can't even get into the supercard menu unless I'm on the fighter deployment screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker